Draco AW80 - Multimedia playback and XBMC issue & feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
    If you play one of these video clips - Example Short: 23.976 or El Fuente: 60 MP10, you will know exactly what resolution you are getting for Netflix. Can you also check what is the OS API level that Netflix detects. You can get this information from Netflix --> About
    720x480
    OS API = 19

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
      720x480
      OS API = 19
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
        if DTS and Dolby is working for you then I must have defected hardware.....How do I check for defected hardware (obviously software is ok if working for you) to prove hardware defect...device is with original firmware...I might have to return for defective hardware!! When I select pass thru spdif (and select spdif in settings) I get no sound at all..only thru hdmi. Works fine with my transmont s9 elite...

Update: I noticed on build.prop settings:

audio.output.active=AUDIO_CODEC,AUDIO_HDMI
        audio.input.active=AUDIO_CODEC

I changed to:

audio.output.active=AUDIO_CODEC,AUDIO_HDMI,AUDIO_S PDIF (spacing is ok on build.prop)
        audio.input.active=AUDIO_CODEC

Still does not work...My only other option is to reflash....but this should not be happening to a new device...might wait for Finless new rom for this device...
        Let me know what videos you use for testing?

i will test here for you.

you should change the passthrough in the setting.

Eric
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

I've tested a bunch of different XBMC versions on the stock rom to see if any handles 1080p better.

I found one that is smoother than any of the official releases: this custom version of 13.2 from the people behind XBMC Hub.

Don't ask me why, but it handles 1080p better, with almost no frame drops and fewer frame skips. Here's that famous opening scene in Transformers Extinction that produces frame drops and judder on every other XBMC version I tried. This one isn't perfect - but noticeably smoother.

Attached Files

Comment

Download and HowTo install the TVMC
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
              Let me know what videos you use for testing?

i will test here for you.

you should change the passthrough in the setting.

Eric
              Eric, try Moulin's video test links he posted here:

Professional software products for video analysis and monitoring, IPTV solutions, digital broadcasting and video streaming, transcoding and VOD-servers.

Nice library of test vids!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i just got my Draco and everything has a stutter, skip in kodi?
                Also it does not see channel 136 on 5ghz wifi. No problem on my vega s89h or minix x8h.

And i sold my minix 😢

out of the box imma not to happy .)
                Uno MAS
                Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                Ouya
                Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                Minix X8-H plus
                rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

FYI
                  Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                  Link (KODI helix Beta3) : http://kodi.tv/download/

Tested with Finless ROM 1.0 - BETA

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Streaming video :

Film MKV 1080p --> now it works perfect, ( before,stuttering a bit )

before, the film takes a long time before starting.
                  now the buffer is perfect
                  VIDEO : test via HDD sata

Film MKV 720p --> now it's perfect. ( before it stutters )
                  codec h265: test via HDD sata

now it works, but stuttering ( before, it does not work )
                  4K : test via HDD sata

now it works, but stuttering ( before, it does not work )
                  Audio :

DTS 5.1 - does not work for me. ( before, it worked with KODI Beta2 )
                  Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                  Yes indeed - the one or two add-ons I could get working did stream very smoothly.

But if you use XBMC to stream from the internet, Kodi/Helix is an exercise in frustration: of the 12 add-ons I use most often, only two work. And I installed them all from a Helix repo, too.

So, back to 13.2 and stuttering 1080p for me...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

FYI last night the wife and I watch 2 movies from 1Channel (don't tell anyone).
                    Life of PI and Cloud Atlas.

We saw NO stuttering or skipping. In fact my picky wife said this was the best she had seen as far as streaming goes. This I am sure has do to the fastest WIfi speeds on any box I have seen yet. Usually when streaming over WIFI on any other box, there sometimes is a stick spot, skip, jump etc.... We had none.

Just what I saw last night using the box real time.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
                      i just got my Draco and everything has a stutter, skip in kodi?
                      Also it does not see channel 136 on 5ghz wifi. No problem on my vega s89h or minix x8h.

And i sold my minix 😢

out of the box imma not to happy .)
                      Just submit the 5ghz wifi problem to factory, now back to the stutter problem, come on ,man, don't just tell me everything has a stutter.

let me know how you test, which video do you use for testing? do you streaming online or play local files?

Eric
                      Looking for developers
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        FYI last night the wife and I watch 2 movies from 1Channel (don't tell anyone).
                        Life of PI and Cloud Atlas.

We saw NO stuttering or skipping. In fact my picky wife said this was the best she had seen as far as streaming goes. This I am sure has do to the fastest WIfi speeds on any box I have seen yet. Usually when streaming over WIFI on any other box, there sometimes is a stick spot, skip, jump etc.... We had none.

Just what I saw last night using the box real time.

Bob
                        On your rom i take it?
                        Haven't tried wifi yet (fails to see my 5ghz network) but my 180Mbit wired wont go past 95Mbit. in speedtest wich should still be more then enough i think.

I dont mind using 3rd party rom (your rom is keeping my vega happy) but it shouldn't be necessary.
                        For now ill use the vega till im brave enough to attempt to flash the finless rom.
                        Uno MAS
                        Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                        Ouya
                        Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                        Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Pi

How'd you like that Richard Parker, Bob? Quite something, for a CGI tiger, huh?

Glad that your evening was glitch-free. In the end, it's about enjoying what the moment brings. (I think 1Channel streams in 480 or 720p, not 1080p, where our issues are noticeable).

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                            Just submit the 5ghz wifi problem to factory, now back to the stutter problem, come on ,man, don't just tell me everything has a stutter.

let me know how you test, which video do you use for testing? do you streaming online or play local files?

Eric
                            Hi,

Thanks for the 5ghz help!
                            I only stream content, no local files tested yet.
                            Up till now i got the stutter on genesis, any movie in channel, tv show big bang theory 1080p, there even the sound slows down, ustvnow, 1channel, cartoon hd, mlbmc

The youtube app in android seems to work just fine.

"upgraded" to helix beta 3 but that didnt seem to help.
                            Its 3am, done looking for today. .)

Tomorrow fresh start, i'll factory reset and begin again.

mas
                            Uno MAS
                            Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                            Ouya
                            Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                            Minix X8-H plus

Comment

New Insight into Stutter

I think the libstagefright codec may be part of the issue with XBMC stutter on this box. I turned it off in Settings/Playback/Acceleration and did the 45mbps jellyfish video test again. (You must have your Settings mode at Advanced or Expert level to access the acceleration tab).

Major improvement in smoothness, now nearly equal to how smoothly the file plays in MX Player.

Would like to know what others see. Try the 45mbps file here as a baseline.

Update: just streamed two full 1080p movie segments from Navi-X. Both were problematic before. Both played almost perfectly with libstagefright switched off...

I think this is the start of a permanent solution!
                              Last edited by Zahir; 11-18-2014, 04:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                                I think the libstagefright codec may be part of the issue with XBMC stutter on this box. I turned it off in Settings/Playback/Acceleration and did the 45mbps jellyfish video test again. (You must have your Settings mode at Advanced or Expert level to access the acceleration tab).

Major improvement in smoothness, now nearly equal to how smoothly the file plays in MX Player.

Would like to know what others see. Try the 45mbps file here as a baseline.

Upate: just streamed two full 1080p movie segments from Navi-X. Both were problematic before. Both played almost perfectly with libstagefright switched off...

I think this is the start of a permanent solution!
                                I had not received my Draco AW80 box yet, but reading this comment from you I think you must be right; libstagefright had been problematic on different setups; considering that this is a new SoC sure libstagefright it´s not proper tuned yet from kodi devs for A80 allwinner; so when I receive the box I will run the xbmc/kodi/spmc with libstagrefright "off" and mediacodec "on"; and sure I will change firstly the dpi from 160 to 240 which looks like a very basic mistake for the native 1080p stock configuration from tronsmart on the build.prop. Thanks for the tips. It will be good to let koying know about the libstagefright problem on this box / new SoC.

Comment

Working...
                                X