NEW!! pureX KitKat V1 - New firmware for CX-921 and CX-919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
    Strange, i have the same stick, but without rk3188t and everything works perfect. Seems to be kernel related, so try to ask at kernel forum (d33) for this issue.

Walter77

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
    Thanks for responding. After multiple attempts I went back to the start and did the rom etc you have in your other thread in here ..... and this time it appears to have wifi working and also the Pure Xbmc !!! albeit the Xbmc will periodically crash ... can live with that. All I need is for the camera to work so I can skype. It worked in some of the instances using your ROM's ..... you wouldn't happen to know of a simple fix?

Comment

How can I add a screen resolution of 1280x800? Monitor 16x10. CX-919

Comment

What an absolutely amazing rom. Im running it on a MK908II (RK3188T, AP6210) with d33 kernel (4.2.5) 720p) booting from a class 10 sd card. Antutu scores between 26126 and 26365. Bluetooth responce is the best ive witnesed on any rom (no stutter). Would you know a way of stopping enter key on bt keyboard also triggering left mouse button click, both actions happen on pressing enter key? Again best rom ive used and ive tried loads as long as its been for a rk3188. Im considering releasing some sd card images of your rom for people with bad onboard nand chips (if thats ok with you?) but ive not managed to get hdmi passthrough working at least not for dts and dolby digital but i need to play more, unless you have any suggestions?

I'd like to make sure the sd card images run as well as you have so patiently made sure your builds do

Thanks again absolutely brilliant work

LawlessPPC

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
          pureX KitKat V1 - Super smooth and freaking fast KitKat Rom for CX-921/CX-919

This is my new custom rom for Kodi/XBMC/SPMC Media Center usage on CX-921 RTL8188 wifi TV-BOX (CX-921 / EXOON Power Pro 2013) and CX-919 Sticks. I build a new KitKat Kernel for CX-921 from latest Radxa source. Rom has real Rec. 709 color support (16-235). Boxes like UT1 and K-R42 V1 with RTL8188 wifi should work too but i canĀ“t test.

Use D33 AP6210 Kernel for usage with CX-919 in combination for this rom.

It's a really freaking fast real 1080p KitKat Rom and plays 20 GB MKV 1080p files absolutely smooth with dolby/dts passthrough.

Features
          • HDMI Output with real REC.709 16-235 color support!
          • Rom is rooted and should support init.d scripts.
          • Kernel supports a lot of file systems, like ISO, UDF, NTFS, FAT32, NFS, HFS
          • Working sleep, Led turns off! *
          • 1920x1080 at 60, 50, 30, 25, 24 Hz
          • 1280x720 at 60, 50 Hz
          • 720x576 at 50 Hz
          • 720x480 at 60 Hz
          • 4GB and 8GB parameter files
          • Beautiful graphics and boot animation
          • CWM Recovery v6.0.3.1 - Thanks to androtab.info
          • Full working stock remote! *
          • AnTuTu scores over 25000!!

* Only for CX-921

Apps i put inside:
          Total Commander file explorer (thanks to Christian Ghisler), Reboot (thanks to Petrus), YouTube, SuperSu and karels Kodi Helix 14.0 beta 1, THANKS!).

Thanks to Radxa, Bob, d33, wasser (for KitKat 1.0.4 as my base), Petrus, Lewy, phjanderson, MINIX and all the cool people at Freaktab.com!!

Please test and report.

walter77

Use it at your own risk!

V1 (Preloaded Kodi Helix 14.0 beta 1)
          pureX_KitKat_V1_cx921a

V1.1 (Preloaded SPMC Gotham 13.4.0 with support of auto framerate switch, enabled in rom!)
          pureX_KitKat_V1-1_cx921a

For CX919 you will find great working kernels here:
          KitKat Kernels for all
          Choose "AP6210", download zip and flash kernel: kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD.img

CX921a - Additional 720p Kernel:
          kernel_rk3188_walter77_KK_cx921a_720p_DDR720_CPU16 00_GPU600.img

Don't forget to set lcd density to 160 before flashing 720p kernel (build.prop: ro.sf.lcd_density=160).

Short guide:

To get to flash mode holding the recovery button i do it this way:
          - power of device
          - disconnect power from power port
          - disconect USB OTG cable
          - install correct drivers in windows
          - start rk flash tool
          - push the recovery button while connecting the usb OTG cable ( connected to your windows pc) to your rk3188 device

You can find a good guide here:
          radxa.wiki

and a second good guide getting to flash mode from inside your stock rom here:
          HOW TO - Flash a Rockchip Device

Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)
          Walter you are a genius.
          I flashed it on a MK908II rk3188 using the cx-919 kernel TVstick HD that you provided on the link and very pleased with result. I use the stick mostly for Plex and happy with video playback. previously i was using Finless 1.6 rom but had issues in PLEX where some video not starting or having to push play twice or no video or sound. Also my Webcam logitech is now working in skype where it was not recognize with Finless rom.

One question i have is the screen saver and sleep mode, the device no longer go in sleep mode. can you advise what to do to allow the mk908II to go to sleep when i turnoff the TV

Antutu score v5.6 = 24476

Keep up the good work
          Last edited by izzyoo7; 01-21-2015, 22:54.

Comment

Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Twod View Post
              How can I add a screen resolution of 1280x800? Monitor 16x10. CX-919
              Screen resolution has to be build into the kernel, you can ask d33.

Walter77

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by izzyoo7 View Post
                Walter you are a genius.
                I flashed it on a MK908II rk3188 using the cx-919 kernel TVstick HD that you provided on the link and very pleased with result. I use the stick mostly for Plex and happy with video playback. previously i was using Finless 1.6 rom but had issues in PLEX where some video not starting or having to push play twice or no video or sound. Also my Webcam logitech is now working in skype where it was not recognize with Finless rom.

One question i have is the screen saver and sleep mode, the device no longer go in sleep mode. can you advise what to do to allow the mk908II to go to sleep when i turnoff the TV

Antutu score v5.6 = 24476

Keep up the good work
                Thanks for your feedback. Sorry i can't help you with your sleep mode question, i think it's kernel related so please ask at d33 kernel thread.

Walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post
                  What an absolutely amazing rom. Im running it on a MK908II (RK3188T, AP6210) with d33 kernel (4.2.5) 720p) booting from a class 10 sd card. Antutu scores between 26126 and 26365. Bluetooth responce is the best ive witnesed on any rom (no stutter). Would you know a way of stopping enter key on bt keyboard also triggering left mouse button click, both actions happen on pressing enter key? Again best rom ive used and ive tried loads as long as its been for a rk3188. Im considering releasing some sd card images of your rom for people with bad onboard nand chips (if thats ok with you?) but ive not managed to get hdmi passthrough working at least not for dts and dolby digital but i need to play more, unless you have any suggestions?

I'd like to make sure the sd card images run as well as you have so patiently made sure your builds do

Thanks again absolutely brilliant work

LawlessPPC
                  Nice score! Sure you can release this rom as an sd card image to help people with bad nand chips. I can't help with the bluetooth keyboard, but if you find a solution let me know.

Walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

I see there are two versions of this rom. Are they both compatible with cx-919? And also the links for D33 AP6210 Kernel are down. Any other kernals that will work with cx-919 and this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by laztpn0i View Post
                      I see there are two versions of this rom. Are they both compatible with cx-919? And also the links for D33 AP6210 Kernel are down. Any other kernals that will work with cx-919 and this rom?
                      Both link are for the CX-921 rom. they have different version of xbmc. but the kernel is for CX-921. You need to download V1 or V1.1 and use this link on walter's post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d-CX-919/page3 for the kernel

you simply download swap the kernel of CX-921 by the CX-919. it will work also on mk908II tv stick and flash it as indicated in post above

Comment

Both link are for the CX-921 rom. they have different version of xbmc. but the kernel is for CX-921. You need to download V1 or V1.1 and use this link on walter's post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...d-CX-919/page3 for the kernel

you simply download swap the kernel of CX-921 by the CX-919. it will work also on mk908II tv stick and flash it as indicated in post above
                        Walter. on a seperate subject.

How is the developer option is enable / i do not see the Build number to enable it. i need to check the wake setting.

Comment

Originally posted by laztpn0i View Post
                          Just tried the links without any problem.

Walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

Walter. on a seperate subject.

How is the developer option is enable / i do not see the Build number to enable it. i need to check the wake setting.
                            I'm not sure, have you tried something like this?
                            Learn how you can enable Developer options and turn on USB Debugging and OEM unlocking on Android devices running Android Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo and Pie.

Walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

Working beautifully on my new CX-919. So smooth and fluid. I noticed slight video stutter in the 4.2 stock rom, especially with stream; it's all but gone in this 4.4 rom, so I am thrilled! Wifi performance is great.

Thanks for offering this to the community, Walter77!

One item I'm trying to get to work without any luck is Flash streaming (I know, I know, lots of threads already). I'm using the latest Dolphin browser which has Flash included, and streaming starts okay on most sites, but without fail the stream stops at the 8-10 second mark. (This was happening on the stock rom too.)

Has anyone experienced this and do you have any suggestions? I'd happily move away from Flash dependency, but a lot of channels for Canadian sites still use Flash and there aren't many app/mobile friendly equivalents. There used to be a Canada on Demand plugin for XBMC, too, but it looks like a lot of the streams aren't working any more.

Other than Flash (which is no fault of the rom), I'm loving PureX!

Comment

Originally posted by mh1983 View Post
                                Working beautifully on my new CX-919. So smooth and fluid. I noticed slight video stutter in the 4.2 stock rom, especially with stream; it's all but gone in this 4.4 rom, so I am thrilled! Wifi performance is great.

Thanks for offering this to the community, Walter77!

One item I'm trying to get to work without any luck is Flash streaming (I know, I know, lots of threads already). I'm using the latest Dolphin browser which has Flash included, and streaming starts okay on most sites, but without fail the stream stops at the 8-10 second mark. (This was happening on the stock rom too.)

Has anyone experienced this and do you have any suggestions? I'd happily move away from Flash dependency, but a lot of channels for Canadian sites still use Flash and there aren't many app/mobile friendly equivalents. There used to be a Canada on Demand plugin for XBMC, too, but it looks like a lot of the streams aren't working any more.

Other than Flash (which is no fault of the rom), I'm loving PureX!
                                Scratch that; was able to remedy this with Canada On Demand for XBMC -- the channels I was looking for still stream perfectly. Now I have the perfect setup. May have to figure out how to setup a game or two next, but for now am a happy camper. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X