This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot turn wifi on

hi i also downloaded this rom for my MK808 but i can't turn on the wifi signal. when i try to turn it on it jumps back. very strange. I had the ics build from deadhp1 on it before this rom and wifi was working. Is there anything that i can do to fix this? The ehternet option also does not work. It does the same as the wifi option it jumps back when you try to enable it

Comment

Originally posted by combry View Post
      hi i also downloaded this rom for my MK808 but i can't turn on the wifi signal. when i try to turn it on it jumps back. very strange. I had the ics build from deadhp1 on it before this rom and wifi was working. Is there anything that i can do to fix this? The ehternet option also does not work. It does the same as the wifi option it jumps back when you try to enable it
      Did you erase the unit with the flash tool e.g. Erase IDB as my instructions say?

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Did you erase the unit with the flash tool e.g. Erase IDB as my instructions say?

Bob
        yes i did follow all the steps in the readme file. the flashing went ok. so i dont know what happened. i think i have to try the other kernel perhaps?
        Last edited by combry; 10-17-2012, 00:24.

Comment

yes i did follow all the steps in the readme file. the flashing went ok. so i dont know what happened. i think i have to try the other kernel perhaps?
          You lost your MAC-address. Try a factory reset, I had this problem too with my UG802. And again, I do this twice until my problem gone.

Comment

MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.4 Custom ROM

Hello folks!

www.Geekbuying.com sent me a MK808 Android TV to make a custom ROM for. Well mission accomplished! Just like my ROM for the ug802, this is for the MK808. This was made using the latest Jellybean ROM for the MK808. However as I state below you have a choice of kernels to try from the 2 known ROMs available. Later I will work on adding ClockWork Mod as well as other possible fixes. I understand there maybe a new ROM coming out from the manufacturer so count on updates to my ROM as new ones come available.

So what is a Finless 1.4 ROM for this device?

Features in 1.4 ROM:
            1) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
            2) Debloated of junk APPs.
            3) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
            4) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!It will also allow you to reboot to ROM flash mode and later when I add ClockWOrk Mod, it will reboot to recovery.
            5) ADDED BONUS User APP space by default is only 1.5GB. I have increased that to 2Gig.
            6) Two kernels to choose from! The original MK808 kernel from 9/12 which is said to have better CPU control
            And the Geekbuy ROM 9/20 kernel. By default I setup the tool to use the 9/20 kernel. But if you
            want to try the 9/12 kernel simply click the little box to the far right of the kernel line in the flash tool.
            A file dialog will open and navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the 9/12 kernel.
            Note: you DO NOT have to erase everything to flash just the kernel! Simply unselect everything in the tool
            except the kernel. Reboot to flash mode and flash just the kernel!
            Is that simple to change kernels or what?

Note: In this ROM I believe I have fixed one of the Wifi issues. That is APPs or Gplay reporting "no connection" even though Wifi shows as still connected. In fact sometime when it did this the only way I was able to fix it was to turn Wifi off and back on! After applying my patch for this, I have not been able to recreate this problem so I believe it is fixed

I was not able to fix the 65Mbps speed limit. I believe this will require a kernel update or it is possibly a limit of the 9301 wifi hardware. I cannot find spec on the 9301 chip to determine what its full capabilities are.

The screen resolution problem of 1024x720 cannot be fixed without a kernel update.

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Here is my Finless 1.4 MK808 ROM:

ROM -> MK808 Finless 1.4 ROM (232 megs)

Enjoy,
            Bob

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

Damo - Forum Moderator

Please Click the Donate Button

PS

If you are having trouble with the above link when using Tapatalk than here is the email link for donations below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZYCM4NZ4J6F3G

Thank You

Hi Bob,

Do you have the custom ROM that similar to UG802 to flash the custom ROM thru microSD? Please advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Krinyo View Post
              You lost your MAC-address. Try a factory reset, I had this problem too with my UG802. And again, I do this twice until my problem gone.
              Ok i will try this solution and let you know. But it still is strange because after that i flashed the ICS build again and wifi was working again.But then only the ethernet option still have issues. So a factory reset could maybe solve this huh? Allright thanks to you and of course mr Finless Bob!

Comment

unable to activate wifi and ehternet setting

Click image for larger version

Name:	finless rom flashlog 17102012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	429212

Hello Bob and others.this is the screen i get when i finish flashing the rom. I reboot to factory settings a couple of times but it did'nt help. I like the look of this rom more than the ics one.So thats why i want this one. In wich usb connector i put the RJ45 usb2lan adapter? In the OTG or in the regular usb socket? I really hope that you will find a solution soon. Thanks for your help till now

Comment

So I used the stock JB ROM from the manufacturer and they removed "ethernet" settings and probably any drivers associated with it. However the internal Wifi does work and I just double checked it by flashing again and I have no problem turning on wifi.

Makes me wonder if there are not 2 different hardware versions of the MK808?

So your saying you cant turn on the internal regular wifi? What happens when you try?

Bob

Comment

I also do not have any ethernet settings but I just plugged in the adapter into
                    the OTG port via the cable that came with it and presto, i'm online, no settings
                    needed.

I am trying to flash this ROM but am having problems with connecting it to the
                    PC. Since it was not recognized, I went into settings to turn off USB storage as
                    per you instructions but could not find it. I used the workaround from armtvtech
                    to get the debug menu in settings but could not find USB storage there either.
                    Any thoughts?

One more thing, the stock fw cannot connect my external HDD, it is a 3.5" unit
                    in a box with its own power supply and I'm connecting it directly to the stick..
                    After some checking, it just says Removed storage, insert new one ??

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

When you first power up the MK808 and have the usb cord connected to a PC to the OTG port (not the power port) then the first screen you should see in Android is the "turn on USB storage". DO NOT TURN IT ON!
                      Then go into settings and developer options and make sure USB debugging is OFF.

Now the flash tool should see the device and at the bottom is should say "found Android MASS Storage USB".

If it does not say that, then your PC is not seeing the device at all! Bad USB cable or some problem with the PC? Tips might be to try a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port or something?

Bob

Comment

So I used the stock JB ROM from the manufacturer and they removed "ethernet" settings and probably any drivers associated with it. However the internal Wifi does work and I just double checked it by flashing again and I have no problem turning on wifi.

Makes me wonder if there are not 2 different hardware versions of the MK808?

So your saying you cant turn on the internal regular wifi? What happens when you try?

Bob

Hello Bob.With the stock JB rom my wifi was connecting also.The rooted ICS rom from deadhp1 also connect wifi. Its only your rom that will not connect. the option in settings does not work when you check the box for turning wifi on.It jumps back to OFF.Also the same with ethernet option. Ethernet option never worked for me in all roms i have tried.How can i see what hardware version i have?

Comment

The trick was not to use the otg cable I received with the device..
                          It worked after I used the usb-mini usb I got with my second portable
                          HDD. There was a small glitch, I got an error whet I tried to put it into
                          flash mode but it worked the fourth time i clicked the button...

Anyway... the flash worked... Trying it now..

Unfortunately, still having problems with connecting the hard drive,
                          tried again with a 2.5" HDD without its own power, still no luck..

Thanks Bob!!!

Comment

Hello Bob.With the stock JB rom my wifi was connecting also.The rooted ICS rom from deadhp1 also connect wifi. Its only your rom that will not connect. the option in settings does not work when you check the box for turning wifi on.It jumps back to OFF.Also the same with ethernet option. Ethernet option never worked for me in all roms i have tried.How can i see what hardware version i have?
                            Your the only one reporting this so far. The only thing we can try is for me to make you a new system.img without the wifi patch I made to fix the wifi lockups. Are you will to try that?

Bob

Comment

Hello of Finless,

Thank you for the good Rom!

On my "mk802 ii" there were the settings: "Sound - Audio output mode - codec".

With these settings, I was able to run a USB sound card.

Unfortunately on this rom, the complete sound drivers are missing.

Do you have the possibility to add them?

Comment

Your the only one reporting this so far. The only thing we can try is for me to make you a new system.img without the wifi patch I made to fix the wifi lockups. Are you will to try that?

Bob
                                ok Bob i can try your fix out. I hope it works
                                .lets do this!

Comment

Working...
                                X