No announcement yet.

Draco AW80 - LINUX, let's talk about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi geekbuying, I do not want installed linux, in the dracometa.

And you say :

"Just confirm, boot from SD CARD is possible, boot from usb hard driver is not possible.

Eric "

----------------------------

How to create a bootable SD card, thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
      Is it possible to have ubuntu & android on the same box. Like a dual boot. ?
      i should confirm with them, still no idea right now.

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
      hi geekbuying, I do not want installed linux, in the dracometa.

And you say :

"Just confirm, boot from SD CARD is possible, boot from usb hard driver is not possible.

Eric "

----------------------------

How to create a bootable SD card, thank you in advance.
      i am also asking the same question, i will push them to make this happen, but hardware acceleration first.

Eric
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

...but hardware acceleration first.
        +1

Comment

all peope have windows based pc. no need linux based pc. thus we need vpu hw accelaration for video under linux. at this time have power this box. thus amlogic good choice

Comment

guys my mrs has asked what i wanted for Christmas and I told her 2 months ago, now you playing with my mind and wanting me to ask her if she hasn't bought what asked for 2 months ago to buy me this.

Zahir, you make a great box reviwer you know how draw the crowed or rock the boat in mind changing lol
            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

JM, thanks for that kind comment. My boat-rocking can sometimes make people wince - or so it would seem - but my intention is always to convey a faithful impression of where things are, and where they might go.

For me, the jury is still out on the Draco. But that's because I use XBMC for everything, and 1080p playback without micro-stutter has still not been achieved with Android. I have the impression too that internal memory could be better optimized: read-write speeds could be faster. Network performance however is spectacular. Easily the fastest you'll get from any TV box, equal or superior to desktop PC performance.

I'm pinning my hopes on a h/w accelerated Linux build. Would be great if you had this box and could bring your talents to bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                JM, thanks for that kind comment. My boat-rocking can sometimes make people wince - or so it would seem - but my intention is always to convey a faithful impression of where things are, and where they might go.

For me, the jury is still out on the Draco. But that's because I use XBMC for everything, and 1080p playback without micro-stutter has still not been achieved with Android. I have the impression too that internal memory could be better optimized: read-write speeds could be faster. Network performance however is spectacular. Easily the fastest you'll get from any TV box, equal or superior to desktop PC performance.

I'm pinning my hopes on a h/w accelerated Linux build. Would be great if you had this box and could bring your talents to bear.

you are slow torturing me 1.47am 5 more hours till i ask my mrs when she wakes up if santa will change my pressy

and in regard to the comments yes you are honest person +100 from what i can see very rear breed to find these days
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

From Tronsmart forum today
                  "we will release the working linux image with hardware acceleration at the end of this month, and the update android firmware at the middle of Jan. 2015"

Comment

Thanks for conveying that news.

Comment

Ubuntu firmware for pcDuino (an A80 board)

The pcDuino is a development board based on the Allwinner A80 chip.
                      Dec. 19 they've released some linux images for the board. Just maybe they'll run on one of the various A80 based machines being released.

For the linux images see:

Ubuntu
                      • Initial release of Ubuntu 14. (Use Phoneixcard to create a production SD card and put in SD slot and power cycle Arches to flash kernel and roots) (date 2014-12-19)
                      • Release [Kernel (use LiveSuite or PhoenixCard), Ubuntu] (date 2014-10-08).
                      • Beta release [Kernel (use LiveSuite or PhoenixCard), Ubuntu] (date 2014-09-01).

I'm dying to see how well linux can run on the A80, and I'm especially interested in the Ubuntu 14 image. I'd test it myself, but my order for an MaxOne A80 isn't expected to be delivered for a month or so. If someone tries it out, please post something here!

Oh, and there's an active thread on a Russian board about all these A80 machines, with a great summary of where to find the available android images:

-- Con

Comment

Plex Media Server

I wonder if someone could port Plex Media Server on this box running Ubuntu. This box can make a good mini-htpc with PMS and a single stream transcoding at least.

Comment

Originally posted by cvining View Post
                          The pcDuino is a development board based on the Allwinner A80 chip.
                          Dec. 19 they've released some linux images for the board. Just maybe they'll run on one of the various A80 based machines being released.

For the linux images see:

Ubuntu
                          • Initial release of Ubuntu 14. (Use Phoneixcard to create a production SD card and put in SD slot and power cycle Arches to flash kernel and roots) (date 2014-12-19)
                          • Release [Kernel (use LiveSuite or PhoenixCard), Ubuntu] (date 2014-10-08).
                          • Beta release [Kernel (use LiveSuite or PhoenixCard), Ubuntu] (date 2014-09-01).

I'm dying to see how well linux can run on the A80, and I'm especially interested in the Ubuntu 14 image. I'd test it myself, but my order for an MaxOne A80 isn't expected to be delivered for a month or so. If someone tries it out, please post something here!

Oh, and there's an active thread on a Russian board about all these A80 machines, with a great summary of where to find the available android images:

-- Con
                          I tried a PC Duino and a Cubieboard SD-card based image a month or so ago. It loaded to the Unity desktop, with some errors, but wouldn't recognize any USB mouse or keyboard.

I also briefly looked at Trosmart's alpha release (Lubuntu) and commented on first impressions in an earlier post.

The potential is there, but until we get h/w acceleration (end of this month?), we're not going very far.

This looks like a later version of Ubuntu - may give it a spin. Update: image doesn't boot/install from SD card.
                          Last edited by Zahir; 12-22-2014, 16:37.

Comment

I tried a PC Duino and a Cubieboard SD-card based image a month or so ago. It loaded to the Unity desktop, with some errors, but wouldn't recognize any USB mouse or keyboard.

I also briefly looked at Trosmart's alpha release (Lubuntu) and commented on first impressions in an earlier post.

The potential is there, but until we get h/w acceleration (end of this month?), we're not going very far.

This looks like a later version of Ubuntu - may give it a spin. Update: image doesn't boot/install from SD card.
                            Thx for trying! Did you try this on a pcDuino8, or one of the other A80 boards?

-- Cronin

Comment

I tried it on the Tronsmart AW80 (Draco). I remain hopeful that we'll see a breakthrough with Tronsmart's end-December release of Lubuntu.

Comment

I tried it on the Tronsmart AW80 (Draco). I remain hopeful that we'll see a breakthrough with Tronsmart's end-December release of Lubuntu.
                                Me too! My device seems to be shipping by slow boat and isn't supposed to be here for weeks. I'm hoping for sooner, of course. And by then maybe Lubuntu will work!

-- Cronin

Comment

Working...
                                X