This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK so I just tested something. I have a Logiteck K400 keyboard. When I hit the power button on it, it does shut off the box (sleep). USB hub is still powered. Hit the power again on the keyboard and it wont wake up. BUT the IR remote did wake it up.

This is not a deep sleep issue! This is either a keycode issue or while in sleep, the box is not listening to USB input.

Deep Sleep is a lower voltage mode and I am pretty sure it is NOT going into that.

Bob
    In fact I BET the reason Minix did this was so any USB hard drives would spin down on sleep. Can anyone with a USB hard drive tell me if that is the case?

Seems there is more here than meets the eye! I am sure that if I keep USB alive in sleep it will F-up something else.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Minix's response was that the USB ports no longer supply enough power to the USB dongle to reawaken it. So if 0.25w is not enough, then increase the voltage ! I think even with 0.25w is enough to light up the LED in the USB hub, but not enough to make the USB dongle receive a signal.

Comment

This is not a deep sleep issue! This is either a keycode issue or while in sleep, the box is not listening to USB input.
        Deep Sleep is a lower voltage mode and I am pretty sure it is NOT going into that.

Bob
        Minix did mention long time ago that the power consumption did go down in deep sleep. I forgot what it was, but it wasn't much lower than when on. Yes, the USB thing is to power down hard drives. Ken has mentioned it many times on the defunct Minix forum.

Comment

In fact I BET the reason Minix did this was so any USB hard drives would spin down on sleep. Can anyone with a USB hard drive tell me if that is the case?

Seems there is more here than meets the eye! I am sure that if I keep USB alive in sleep it will F-up something else.

Bob
          I believe this is in fact the case. I remember reading a while back that the suggestion was to use a powered hub if you wanted it differently

Comment

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
            I believe this is in fact the case. I remember reading a while back that the suggestion was to use a powered hub if you wanted it differently
            Even with a powered hub now it doesn't solve this issue like I once thought.
            Minix's solution to use their IR remote is flawed on many fronts and does not hold any water:

1. Why sell their A2 remote if it can't even do a simple thing like turn their own device ON ?
            2. What happens if you locate your X8/-X8-H in the back your HDTV or inside a cabinet ?

Comment

Originally posted by EdT View Post
              Even with a powered hub now it doesn't solve this issue like I once thought.
              Minix's solution to use their IR remote is flawed on many fronts and does not hold any water:

1. Why sell their A2 remote if it can't even do a simple thing like turn their own device ON ?
              2. What happens if you locate your X8/-X8-H in the back your HDTV or inside a cabinet ?
              I don't think your getting it...
              You cannot have everything over USB. People want their hard drives to spin down in power off mode! I saw this reported early on and I am pretty sure this was implemented by AML NOT Minix!
              If it was me, I would want that over pressing a button and getting off my ass instead of using the remote. Sorry dudes but fact... I don't want my hard drives spinning away all night!

So I see the catch 22 here... You cannot get both! So for you all that want the remote and DON'T use hard drives, then maybe I can make a patch....

Personally, I think this issue is over rated!

Bob

Comment

So for you all that want the remote and DON'T use hard drives, then maybe I can make a patch....

Please!

My storage is a NAS, no need for me to use ext HDD's

Comment

Can someone give me a link or name of the EXACT Minix ROM that the USB remotes would wake up. I have all the Minix older ROMs but I do not know which is the exact one that works.

I prefer the newest ROM that this worked on not some really old one.

Bob

Comment

Can someone give me a link or name of the EXACT Minix ROM that the USB remotes would wake up. I have all the Minix older ROMs but I do not know which is the exact one that works.

I prefer the newest ROM that this worked on not some really old one.

Bob
                    I believe it would be the first beta ROM - http://minix.com.hk/firmware/X8_X8H_002BETA.rar (6/13/2014)

Beta 2 has deep sleep enabled.

Comment

I don't think your getting it...
                      You cannot have everything over USB. People want their hard drives to spin down in power off mode! I saw this reported early on and I am pretty sure this was implemented by AML NOT Minix!
                      If it was me, I would want that over pressing a button and getting off my ass instead of using the remote. Sorry dudes but fact... I don't want my hard drives spinning away all night!

So I see the catch 22 here... You cannot get both! So for you all that want the remote and DON'T use hard drives, then maybe I can make a patch....

Personally, I think this issue is over rated!

Bob
                      I get it, but no one ask for HDD to spin down, this is like not able to start your car with your key so you can listen to the radio. It is another Minix excuse to cover up their design flaws. Until then it is not your problem, but I have an axe to grind with Minix after spending thousands of dollars supporting and recommending their products to my customers. This is why Minix products will never make it main$tream and stay with the tinkering community. There are many X8/X8-H owners on the Minix's forum complaining about the same issue !

This is the link to the v001 20140529 that I know works for sure:
                      http://minix.com.hk/firmware/x8h_MP2.rar

Comment

I get it, but no one ask for HDD to spin down, this is like not able to start your car with your key so you can listen to the radio.
                        I cannot help, but say that you do come up with weird analogies

Comment

lol
                          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

... but no one ask for HDD to spin down ...
                            HA HA HA, so many asked for it and that's why minix done so !!!
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I get it, but no one ask for HDD to spin down, this is like not able to start your car with your key so you can listen to the radio. It is another Minix excuse to cover up their design flaws. Until then it is not your problem, but I have an axe to grind with Minix after spending thousands of dollars supporting and recommending their products to my customers. This is why Minix products will never make it main$tream and stay with the tinkering community. There are many X8/X8-H owners on the Minix's forum complaining about the same issue !

This is the link to the v001 20140529 that I know works for sure:
                              http://minix.com.hk/firmware/x8h_MP2.rar
                              http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/..._X8H_STOCK.rar
                              Dude... it is clear your in "a business" and personally I don't give a crap! You should know what your products can and can't do before you RE-SELL to your customers!!
                              In fact to be honest I don't even want to hear anymore of your rants here now that we know your reasons.

I really do hope your NOT USING a FreakTab Dev ROM on anything you provide to your customers! Have you donated? Did you ASK PERMISSION TO USE IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES?
                              I bet not!

PLEASE go place your rants about Minix somewhere else buddy...... You clearly are not a user!

My forum is for users NOT profit makers!
                              If your not getting what you want and promised your customers something else.... YOUR THE DUMB ASS! Sheesh man..... I have worked with MANY resellers and it seems you DON'T GET IT!

I almost want to ban your ass just because your really asking for it! What a f-tard........ Alas I do not run this place that way but dude..... Seriously..... your personal issue with Minix I could give a rats ass.... Your business issue.... well.... YOU F-ed up if you did not know what your selling and promised something to YOUR customers you could not deliver!!!..... I have to ask? How old are you? I bet your from the "give me" generation that expects a lot for nothing....

Please,,,,,, piss me off again! Give me a reason..... Take your BS somewhere else please. I want to hear from users not people making a profit from REALLY doing nothing other than re-marketing and selling people something YOU have NO control over!

Sorry RANT OVER but what a F-tard!

Sorry to stereo type... But I bet you are from Toronto? And I bet I guessed right?

Bottom line I don't care where your from. My forum is not here for a profit seller BITCH session!
                              GO AWAY....

Bob
                              Last edited by Finless; 12-02-2014, 08:00.

Comment

Bob maybe he has gone into deep sleep mode him self 2.33am over there.

go back to a working firmware if you have issues edt simple problem solved.

this is the thanks you get bob from some. never seen you spin a drive like this before
                                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                                X