NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nandocuri View Post
    Thank you, with that version I have 720p working but not 1080p. From what I read it's possible that google it's making this on purpose to benefit Chromecast .
    This is strange because I solved the issue with that version on my mk908ii.

Comment

Great rom!

I used the update.zip from http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ps-mk808b-plus for wifi and this rom works a lot better than stock!

Idk if anyone else has had the netflix issues, but with the stock rom, I was unable to update my netflix without it getting completely hosed and either corrupted or disappearing the first time I rebooted. No more stuttering, no more sync errors, everything plays smooth, and netflix can be updated to latest version without issue.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi!

Please help, I can not find answers anywhere. This ROM (Finless 1.1 for MK808b Plus) supports touch screen? I have a touch screen (LG 23ET83V), and an MK808b Plus. The touch control possible?
        Thanks!

Comment

Help please! During install I get messages: E: read-only mount...sd card failed (no such file or directory)

Files are copied on sd card.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much for your custom ROM v1.1. It has made my MK808B Plus remarkably stable. This is an especially big achievement given that the stock firmware causes so many glitches as to make the device basically unusable. So your ROM has been a life-saver for me and would be perfect for my needs except for one small thing - There is a checkbox option to 'Disable usb-audio OUTPUT' in the stock firmware, under 'SETTINGS' -> 'Advanced'. This option doesn't however seem to exist in your custom ROM. Is there any particular reason for this? Would it be possible to reissue your ROM v1.1 with this setting made available within it?

The reason that I need this is that at the moment I lose all sound whenever I connect any air mouse with audio features via a usb dongle. For example, I wish to use my Minix A2 air mouse as a controller. The A2 has inbuilt audio functions (microphone and speaker). I realise that the audio features won't work with the MK808B Plus and I'm fine with that. The problem however, is that the receiver dongle for the A2 must be presenting as both a controller and audio device. This results in Audio being disabled from HDMI output whenever the dongle is plugged in. The stock firmware remedies this when 'Disable usb-audio OUTPUT' is selected. Audio then reroutes back through HDMI and ignores the USB dongle's audio properties, whilst the controller functions of the air mouse continue to work.

Would it be possible to therefore have this option made available also in your Custom ROM please?

Thanks,

Joel.

Comment

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...106_100831.jpg
              http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...106_100438.jpg
              hi guys first of all its my first time posting here so my appologies if i have missed any protocol. ok i have the above mk808b plus with the ap6210 chip and m805 cpu
              i managed to flash it with the new rom using method 1 as it was my first time flashing so wanted to use the easyist method. all went well so i thort but i now have
              a flashing screen at random times but very often? this stick used to work well and its around 1.5 years old ish but the heatsink on the cpu well erm at least they didnt leave it naked
              but i will need to invent a new one. any help on this will be much appreciated many thanks. regards Ed1808

Comment

Hi
                I finally made it and the box works fine with finless rom 1.1 (thanks Bob) except the on-off button of the tronsmart air mouse.
                Before it used to work ok but now it shuts but won΄t start the box. Then i have to get it off the power and put it on again to start.
                i flashed the 109k4 to use the finless
                Do yo think that i can reflash the 111k4 or 112k4 and then flash the finless 1.1? Will it work?
                Pls any help would be appreciated
                Last edited by chrisagr; 02-12-2016, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by motrac View Post

thank you, one more question, just to be safe:
                  "Extract to where"?
                  Extract it to "Current path"

thanks inforiculturist for your tutoriel for the wifi issue works fine for me and i hope that Finless add the packkage to the rom:

1) Installed Finless ROM 1.1
                  2) Installed ES File Explorer
                  3) Downloaded Cristobal's file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...108/system.rar , unrar it, and then rezip the files you need to copy into system (since ES Explorer uses zip or 7z files)
                  4) Open ES File Explorer, in Tools, set Root Explorer to ON (and then grant permissions in SuperSU), Then choose Mount R/W (if already ON, just click on Root Explorer text to open the mounting options) and then mount both / and /system R/W.
                  4) Copy the Cristobal system.zip file into the / directory, then Select the file and uncompress it using the More menu to "Current path".
                  5) Turn off Root Explorer is ES File Explorer
                  6) Reboot the stick using the Reboot app

And thanks mowgli for your sollution to watch youtube video by 720p

Just search on google an older version like "youtube-10.39.54-107954130" and you should be good. And, of course, disable auto updates in Play Market.
                  Last edited by slayem131; 04-20-2016, 12:01.

Comment

Does anyone have a USB HDD attached to their MK808b plus? I obviously have a clone MK808b as the wifi didn't work (mentioned above), for some reason my 1TB HDD doesn't mount properly, It's really random as sometimes it does work... I initially thought it was the HDD formatting it etc but I tried it on another stock MK808b plus and it works perfectly without any fault. Ideas? I am tempted to go back to stock or try another rom...

Comment

can anyone reup the update to fix wifi issue? all links are dead...

Comment

Here is the system 114k Wifi update as previously described....you will have to install these files per instructions in this thread. -info
                        Attached Files
                        MK808B+ (4) | Tronsmart MK908 (2) | Unbranded MK908
                        Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Asus TF300T (2) | LG Spectrum (2) | Archos A5H | Archos 43

"Never try to teach a pig to sing;
                        it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
                        – P. G. Wodehouse, Robert Heinlein, Mark Twain

Comment

it's working perfectly, thanks a lot mate

Comment

I am unable to get IR remote working. Does this ROM support this?

Comment

I get an error
                              Verifying update package...
                              E:footer is wrong
                              E:signature verification failed
                              Installation aborted

Comment

Hello Finless,
                                First of all thx and grat for this great ROM. I use this since you released. But i need a small assistance. I want to use an Edimax wifi dongle with it. Can you please tell me how can i install a driver for that? EW-7811Un RTL8188CUS chipset

Comment

Working...
                                X