UG802 Finless ROM 1.6 "custom" JellyBean - Made from MK802-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my WIFI =(.

Running the stock ROM I was getting ample WIFI signal in my TV room. I could stream 720p no issues.

I then flashed 1.4a and was getting NO reception at all (even sitting 1mtrs from my modem). I reflashed the stock rom again and I was getting about 50% signal sitting 1mtr from my modem and NONE in my TV room (15mtrs away).

I've now flashed 1.6 while I love the environment I'm getting the same deal. Even with the antenna hanging out of the case the best I can get is one bar and that barely loads web pages let alone streams media.

Any idea how I could have gone from 60-70% signal with the stock rom to irreparably ruining my signal by flashing 1.4a? This is killing me.

Comment

Did you peel off the silver-foil of you antenna ? You must not do that. I did so, because i thought it was only to fix it in the case, but i was wrong and had very poor connection. After i patched a new foil to the antenna i got a Signal better than ever before.

The foil i patched to the Antenna is 25mm X 25mm (i think it will be the original dimensions) and patched to the side where the grey wire is connected.

Comment

Nope. The case is off, the antenna is dangling but the foil is in tact. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm sitting here right now after a fresh boot with the device literally 3ft from my modem and it wont even connect now. It's showing one bar of reception in the wifi settings and it's just sitting there "connecting" but never doing it. And if I "forget the connection" it jumps up to 3 bars.

Comment

Originally posted by taboo_ View Post
          Nope. The case is off, the antenna is dangling but the foil is in tact. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm sitting here right now after a fresh boot with the device literally 3ft from my modem and it wont even connect now. It's showing one bar of reception in the wifi settings and it's just sitting there "connecting" but never doing it. And before someone asks the solder for the antenna is in tact.
          I have the same problem, but i haven't modified the ug802. The wifi see my router but always seen "connecting..." but don't connect. I put my wifi without security but doesn't connect. Always flashin "Coneccting.../Saved" ¿any help?

I do not know where you enter data gateway, fixed IP, etc ...

Comment

Ethernet Adapter

Originally posted by gurper707 View Post
            I had an ethernet usb thing working with it once I do believe, I will find it when I'm home and test it again and if it works I'll let y'all know what model it is.

Edit: Yes I have a Pluggable USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter (link: http://goo.gl/oMHxY)
            Hi, thanks for the info - so USB to Ethernet is working in this ROM. Unfortunatley this adapter is not available in the UK (it's also quite expensive) - does anyone have any other ones that work?

Thanks,
            herges

Comment

Ok, it seems it doesn't like Wireless N. I changed my modem to wireless G and it will now connect but it does nothing to fix my signal strength issue.

Either way silva, try seeing if your modem is Wireless N and change it to something else.

Comment

ug802 hdmi output unstable

hi

i have the ug802 for 3 weeks now
                bob, great rom by the way...

im having a hdmi lose for a cople of seconds every couple of minutes.
                the screen goes black (the tv shows no signal message) and then the screens cone back to life again.
                in sone cases i git loss of hdmi signal and had to restart rhe ug802 to get it back

the ug802 is powered by a 2.1A power adaptor (its from apple so i belive it doing the job)
                anyone else having this kind of behavior?

frogger

Comment

Thats is strange, i removed the folie and put the antenna back inside, then i had 3 bar wifi, with folie only 1 bar
                  Originally posted by froen0815 View Post
                  Did you peel off the silver-foil of you antenna ? You must not do that. I did so, because i thought it was only to fix it in the case, but i was wrong and had very poor connection. After i patched a new foil to the antenna i got a Signal better than ever before.

The foil i patched to the Antenna is 25mm X 25mm (i think it will be the original dimensions) and patched to the side where the grey wire is connected.

Comment

Flash black video

Flash plugin do not work fine with my ug802, I can listen to the voice but video is black
                    Does flash works for you?

Comment

help, my 2nd ug802 flash to the end ,gave me a fail message. I off and on the device ,it stuck at the boot.

Luckily I manage to get it back to flash again by shorting the pad on the chip.
                      Yes it done.
                      Last edited by Runner68; 11-09-2012, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by herges View Post
                        Hi, thanks for the info - so USB to Ethernet is working in this ROM. Unfortunatley this adapter is not available in the UK (it's also quite expensive) - does anyone have any other ones that work?
                        I have this USB Hub with Ethernet port (http://www.alza.cz/EN/asus-usb-hub-a...bo-d348551.htm) and it works very well...

Comment

USB Ethernet

Oh hey sorry that was the wrong link/device, here is the real one from two vendors:

Hopefully this one is available, its a bit cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by herges View Post

Thanks,
                            herges
                            I am using this USB/Ethernet adapter and it works perfectly with UG802 and Finless ROM 1.6:

Comment

Originally posted by doba View Post
                              I am using this USB/Ethernet adapter and it works perfectly with UG802 and Finless ROM 1.6:

Thanks everyone for the info on these adapters - I'll pick the one above as it is in the UK.

herges

Comment

Hey I found my WiFi connection problem was down to the charger that came with my device. I used a different one and now it connects. Weird

Comment

Working...
                                X