Comment

Originally posted by haytapot View Post
        I am very happy with 1.6

just MX player is not compatible.

and how about with BT Dongle?
        Try mVideoPlayer

Comment

hey bob,

want to thank you a lot for this new rom. i ordered my ug802 three weeks ago soon after i found out about it. while i was waiting, i was digging deeper and was unsure if the device is what i want due to the often mentioned problems (wifi, audio/video sync problems). so, my device came yesterday, i tested youtube = not sync. saw that a new rom is out, installed it (the hard way isn't btw that hard if you follow your instructions) (little tipp for the google searchers: if you get the error message 'flash mode failed' then just reformat your sd on the device in the ug802 settings - that worked for me) and see there, everything worked like a charme! even 720p streaming over wifi from my NAS is a dream.

thank you very much, you made this product a good one already (even if there are some small bugs like some apps dont work properly ex. rayman jungle run) keep it up!!

Comment

It's not a bug. They are not compatible with JB yet.
            Originally posted by frafa View Post
            1.6 works very well.

Bob recognition.
            A small bug in some application writes to the Google Play: not compatible apk.
            For example: Total Commander.
            (The restored using "Titanium Backup" works fine points leads.)

All previous 1.4a application retored for Titanium Backup. All OK.

WIFI: OK
            Application: OK
            Speed: OK
            Boot time: Fast
            A/V syncron: OK
            500MB ---> 1GB : OK

THX. Readme first file!!!

frafa from HUNGARY

Comment

next step(s)

Sorry, this is addressed to bob

been up for 2 1/2 days now and garnering much praise, can't say I can identify any consistent failings from posts.

so am wondering what if anything you intend to do with it next and if you have identified any further improvements when you're likely to implement?

only asking because i'm a noob and being extremely cautious only want to do this flashing thingy once

ta anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ergotype View Post
                MX player works 100%
                Glad it is for you, MXPlayer is nothing but greif on mine with 1.6

Using mVideoPlayer until I can figure it out

Comment

Windows 8 no flash mode prob

after two days of no flash mode
                  i did this steps buy the user "sunday"

and it worked like a charm
                  thank you "Sunday" for the info
                  thankyou bob for a hell of a good work

Comment

erhternet probleme

check you router as i had this problem and it was because or the auto speed sets it to only 10 meg
                    and can find a way to set it to 100

my only way wround is was to use a wifi N ap next to ug802

Originally posted by tuavitxinh View Post
                    Hi, with this firmware, i can't play full hd movie smoothly (about 10 GB) on LAN. The display is extreme lagging . So does anyone know what is the problem?
                    Thanks for answering

PS: i'm using JP1082 usb ethernet

Comment

I have loaded this with no problems during installation. The problems i am having though is that the wifi drops after a minute or two of being connected, i Have tried 3 wireless connections and it is the same for all. The wifi on the ug802 dies and turns it self off....the only way to get it back is to reboot the unit and then it will die soon after stablishing connection.

I would like to get your input in this and also could you please fix the usb ethernet adapter bug? I prefer to be hard wired, the bug consist on the unit freezing up when connected becoming useless.

Other than that i cant say much bc i need internet connection to do anything.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hayabusa View Post
                        I am looking for update.img not .zip because my micro usb port is broken :/

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
                        Believe me, you're not the first and won't be the last. This device (UG802) has the micro usb (power) port poorly soldered. I figured out and bought a USB male to USB male cable and got it booting. I use a small and grey in color GE usb 2 port hub which allows the power from the female ports go through the male one into the UG802, and from the remainder port I run a powered USB hub with all my goodies.

Been running for a couple of months without issues or reboots.

Comment

Same problem here

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
                          Believe me, you're not the first and won't be the last. This device (UG802) has the micro usb (power) port poorly soldered. I figured out and bought a USB male to USB male cable and got it booting. I use a small and grey in color GE usb 2 port hub which allows the power from the female ports go through the male one into the UG802, and from the remainder port I run a powered USB hub with all my goodies.

Been running for a couple of months without issues or reboots.
                          Have you successfully flashed your unit using this method? I mean USB hub with male to male cable connection to the unit? How did you connect to the pc?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert336 View Post
                            I have loaded this with no problems during installation. The problems i am having though is that the wifi drops after a minute or two of being connected, i Have tried 3 wireless connections and it is the same for all. The wifi on the ug802 dies and turns it self off....the only way to get it back is to reboot the unit and then it will die soon after stablishing connection.
                            I reported wifi problems a couple days ago and I thought I was alone there but it seems I'm not.

Did you have that kind of wifi problems with the stock ROM or the 1.4 ROM?

Comment

so this is probably a stupid question, but i've never flashed a tv stick...
                              what cable do i use to connect it to the pc? the micro usb or the full size usb?

Comment

motorola lapdock

hey

thanks to bob for a great rom
                                video is smoother overall
                                no sync problems youtube and mxplayer work great
                                got it working with a motorola lapdock tonite
                                while android is not exactly a desktop os
                                it runs very fast for web browsing etc.
                                60 bucks for ug802 + 40 bucks for lapdock = $100 laptop ftw

thanks bob

Comment

Working...
                                X