Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniglar View Post
    1000 words as requested

It ain't pretty but it worked for me....good luck!
    1000000000 Thank You !

Comment

Great thread!
      My Micro-USB port has broken down as well.

I've got a question/idea though, is it not possible to power the device using the normal USB port?
      If so, can one not just use a powered USB hub? or would that stop other devices connected to that Hub from being recognized?

Comment

Originally posted by Varno View Post
        Great thread!
        My Micro-USB port has broken down as well.

I've got a question/idea though, is it not possible to power the device using the normal USB port?
        If so, can one not just use a powered USB hub? or would that stop other devices connected to that Hub from being recognized?
        You can use a powered Usb-Hub To connect your device but you'll not be able To flash your device.

Comment

Originally posted by froen0815 View Post
          You can use a powered Usb-Hub To connect your device but you'll not be able To flash your device.
          One can still flash with an update.img on an SD-Card or am I wrong?

Comment

Yes you can still use SD-Card and Update.img, but the most Roms discussed here require to flash the hard way (via PC) and this is not possible using the full sized USB-Port on this device.

Comment

Since I'm not qualified to re-solder it myself and have yet to find someone who can, I tried to run the UG802+ another way.
              I've bought an Powered USB Hub (which I needed anyways), I also bought a normal USB Male-to-Male cable to connect the UG802+ to the USB hub.

Now the device powers on but non of the other devices I connect to the USB hub are recognized by the UG802+..
              Does anyone have any idea why?

Comment

Crap, mine finally broke too. The connector did not come off but the pin pads to the board traces did... VERY WEAK connector design if you ask me.

I personally think this is going to be a problem with all micro USB board connectors that are soldered to the board. The connector pins can move in the connector case and in doing so they pull off the solder pads on the board. So it's not the connector breaking off the board completely although that can happen, the pin pads lift the traces off the board!!!! Shitty design but we cant blame Ugoos excpet for deciding to use them. This is probably why other TV devices like MK808 use mini connectors instead of micro connecotrs. Thet are proven and more robust / solid.

I honestly see no way a board maker could solve this. They can't really made the solder pads larger to compensate as there is no room to do so. Ugoos did not design and make these connectors. They are off the self. Maybe there are better ones available?

Bottom line I was able to fix my connector by soldering small wire wrap wires back on the original connector pins and then running those wires to the places on the board shown here in this post. So at least my micro usb connector is there and works again and I can put it back in the case.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Perhaps the mk808 is the only model with Mini USB.
                  Will the Micro USB break in other models?
                  The UG802 is the only with report of Micro USB broken.

Comment

My MX1 OTG port I had to fix already too. I got to it before it broke

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

secure

I had my my micro usb also break and had the wire soldered direct as instructed but am wondering what type of glue or epoxy to use to secure the wire so it doesnt easily get pulled out.

any thoughts?

Comment

double crap, mine has broken now

I am intending to go for the option of re-soldering the usb connector, I can do the connector pins, and the 'wings' either side, but am unsure about that 'goldy' coloured pad underneath at the edge of the board. Does anybody know/can tell me what this is and if its important in re-connecting the connector?

Also, I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall, either on this site or another one, some kind of reference to some solder type glues, (or am I going of my head), any help would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130129_110948.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	429707

Comment

fixed

Used supermarket super glue, solder on both tabs, and pins 1 and 5, ignored data pins.

Did wifi mod as well, but still only getting 50 PC, same as before, though never had a problem with WiFi.

Gonna wait for the picuntu windows image flasher, then flash with bob's 1.7 next

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Crap, mine finally broke too. The connector did not come off but the pin pads to the board traces did... VERY WEAK connector design if you ask me.

I personally think this is going to be a problem with all micro USB board connectors that are soldered to the board. The connector pins can move in the connector case and in doing so they pull off the solder pads on the board. So it's not the connector breaking off the board completely although that can happen, the pin pads lift the traces off the board!!!! Shitty design but we cant blame Ugoos excpet for deciding to use them. This is probably why other TV devices like MK808 use mini connectors instead of micro connecotrs. Thet are proven and more robust / solid.

I honestly see no way a board maker could solve this. They can't really made the solder pads larger to compensate as there is no room to do so. Ugoos did not design and make these connectors. They are off the self. Maybe there are better ones available?

Bottom line I was able to fix my connector by soldering small wire wrap wires back on the original connector pins and then running those wires to the places on the board shown here in this post. So at least my micro usb connector is there and works again and I can put it back in the case.

Bob
                            i had the same problem. is the first image on how to solder the cables on the pcb ok? are the color ok on the photo?

im asking due i saw people invert the order of the white and the green cable.

Comment

this hasn't happened to mine yet.....

do you think it would be worth securing the connection with epoxy resin, to try and prevent damaging it?

The case has been removed before as I did my own wi-fi antennae mod, so will pop-off easily now.

Comment

Originally posted by jimac View Post
                                do you think it would be worth securing the connection with epoxy resin, to try and prevent damaging it?

The case has been removed before as I did my own wi-fi antennae mod, so will pop-off easily now.

Definitely using the epoxy gun to secure the cables its highly recommended

Comment

Working...
                                X