This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockko View Post
    Which FW version are you on? I'm on v1.0.4 and "Stay Awake" is not present under "Developer Options".
    This firmware v. 03

But, I'm on a Ugoos UT2. Apparently similar, but not the same. I really like this FW but I've had a few little issues with it on this box I just had to give up. This morning I put wassers 1.04 on it. So I'll just get out of your hair and quit taking up your time and space and settle for what I have. Thanks very much for the invite to try it. I enjoyed it.
    FLHT = Harley
    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Why you use the Wasser Firmware? Is the original Freakbox Firmware not good enough for you? What can we make better?

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        Why you use the Wasser Firmware? Is the original Freakbox Firmware not good enough for you?
        I think he has the Wasser FW because het doesn't have a Freakbox.

What can we make better?
        You could start with releasing the update that was supposed to be released a few weeks ago.
        The screen time-out is very annoying and I would like some sliders to adjust screen brightness and contrast. Why? Because the Freakbox video level output is a bit too low, resulting in dark videos with a lot of details lost. And no, it's not my TV. I have a Chromecast on the same HDMI port and that picture is OK.
        Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6
        Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Stock (rooted)
        Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Nolekat 2.2 custom ROM
        Asus TF300T Cyanogenmod 11 Snapshot M12
        Archos 35 Home Connect Stock 2.3.4

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
          Stay Awake is enable by default.
          I think he's are talking about this thread
          Yep, my mistake. I was talking about the stock Freaktab FW, not CM. But flhthemi is on a UT2, so maybe that discussion should be continued in the UT2 thread instead of Freakbox thread.
          Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6

Comment

Originally posted by Rockko;285933
            Yep, my mistake. I was talking about the stock Freaktab FW, not CM. But flhthemi is on a UT2, so maybe that discussion should be continued in the UT2 thread instead of Freakbox thread.

The new Freakbox Firmware has come today or at least tomorrow.
            I do the last Tweaks no. You will like it.
            No Screen Look no Flicker and so on.

Neomode

Comment

The new Freakbox Firmware has come today or at least tomorrow.
              I do the last Tweaks no. You will like it.
              No Screen Look no Flicker and so on.

Neomode
              That's great!
              Yesterday I installed TWRP 2.8.5.0 using Abdul_pt script. Can I use TWRP to flash the new FW or do I still have to use the Rockchip tool?
              Freakbox V1 F/W 1.0.6

Comment

Yes, it must be Installed with RockChip Tools.
                But you can Backup your Apps with the Recovery.

Neomode

Comment

Why you use the Wasser Firmware? Is the original Freakbox Firmware not good enough for you? What can we make better?
                  I'm a bit confused...

Originally posted by Rockko View Post
                  I thought this thread was about the CM Firmware. That is the FW I was using. THIS is why I'm posting about the FW in this thread. Abdul_pt, invited me here from the UT2 thread. I have NOT tried the "original freakbox firmware" because I don't know where to get it.

Using Wasser's X7 FW because it works, not completely but it works. CM left me no way to power off the unit other than using the remote power button. Reboot from that menu would cause the unit to remain on (RED LED lit) but no reboot, or at least no video signal.

Willing to give anything a shot, no one's doing a damn thing with UT2 FW right now.
                  FLHT = Harley
                  Cause I've been asked.

Comment

WiFi chip ?

Hi,

Could you please tell me whether it will work with Wifi chip AP6210 ?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                      I'm a bit confused...

I thought this thread was about the CM Firmware. That is the FW I was using. THIS is why I'm posting about the FW in this thread. Abdul_pt, invited me here from the UT2 thread. I have NOT tried the "original freakbox firmware" because I don't know where to get it.

Using Wasser's X7 FW because it works, not completely but it works. CM left me no way to power off the unit other than using the remote power button. Reboot from that menu would cause the unit to remain on (RED LED lit) but no reboot, or at least no video signal.

Willing to give anything a shot, no one's doing a damn thing with UT2 FW right now.
                      FT to my knowledge is a free place, you can post where ever you want. Everyone is invited to try this image although it's main target is the FreakBox.

I told you to try this FW because i believe the FreakBox is a re branded UT2, and because you have a T chip. You are welcome to try whatever you want.

It looks like there are more differences than i thought between the 2 box's. Every Power option works the correct way on my side.
                      You can use the power button on the device or install a reboot apk from the play store also.
                      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
                        Hi,

Could you please tell me whether it will work with Wifi chip AP6210 ?

Thank you!
                        This thread is still short in size. Please read it.
                        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

This thread is still short in size. Please read it.
                          I did read it before I posted a question. And, found your post "This, with the appropriate kernel, should work on any rk31 box with a ap6xxx chip.
                          You can test drive this one."
                          This is what confused me. It wasn't clear whether I need a third-party kernel or use the one in the bundle.

Comment

FT to my knowledge is a free place, you can post where ever you want. Everyone is invited to try this image although it's main target is the FreakBox.

I told you to try this FW because i believe the FreakBox is a re branded UT2, and because you have a T chip. You are welcome to try whatever you want.

It looks like there are more differences than i thought between the 2 box's. Every Power option works the correct way on my side.
                            You can use the power button on the device or install a reboot apk from the play store also.
                            I agree. They are so similar in appearance but I guess they aren't the same, otherwise it should have worked. Don't get me wrong, not complaining a bit about CM. We just thought it would work. I like it a lot....still thinking maybe I should flash it again using UPDATE as I used the recover option before. So maybe it was a bad flash.

Is this freakbox v1.04 fw available anywhere for download? I could give it a shot.
                            FLHT = Harley
                            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

[BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 FreakBox

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
                              I did read it before I posted a question. And, found your post "This, with the appropriate kernel, should work on any rk31 box with a ap6xxx chip.
                              You can test drive this one."
                              This is what confused me. It wasn't clear whether I need a third-party kernel or use the one in the bundle.
                              The FreakBox is a ap6330 device, like the X7, that was the base of that response.

You can flash this image and check if you have connectivity, if you don't have just flash your kernel that it should solve the problem.

Tapatalked

Comment

[BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 FreakBox

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                                I agree. They are so similar in appearance but I guess they aren't the same, otherwise it should have worked. Don't get me wrong, not complaining a bit about CM. We just thought it would work. I like it a lot....still thinking maybe I should flash it again using UPDATE as I used the recover option before. So maybe it was a bad flash.

Is this freakbox v1.04 fw available anywhere for download? I could give it a shot.
                                I think Neomode is finishing the last goodies on it.
                                I'm not aware of any download link to it.

Tapatalked

Comment

Working...
                                X