This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
    JM. Kudos, once again. Had no problems installing this to replace Port 1.5 v2. I do not want to boot into Kodi all the time, so I installed Nova launcher from within Kodi and changed launcher settings there. Again, no issues. SD card write is working well. The remote zip fixed the buttons as expected. Your boot screen is crisp and clean. Restored Kodi from a backup and was operational withing an hour of the install.

I am having a some issues with dragging widgets to the desktop. Some do, some don't. Also additional wallpaper apps do not launch. ES Explorer does and allows .jpg use. I know that this release is a media version and meant to boot into Kodi, so these are very minor.

A beer is coming your way as soon as I run some other apps... cj
    that's why I doing one for 1.5v3. carries on from the 1.5v2 latest sdk sources due out later today.

Originally posted by localpcfix View Post
    OK here goes, I have put the firmware on to my M8N, then updated with the new (square remote) all OK.

so now I have the two options to either go to Kodi Launcher or SPMC.

I would like to put Kodi 14.1 however I cannot get to the android apps menu as you normally would when pressing the home button. My Home button does work correctly since the new remote update but when pressing that from being inside SPMC it only returns to the Select Home App screen where you have the option again to go into the launcher or SPMC.

What I need to do is get to a web browser on it and then the download section which I cannot work out how to do?

please any help would be very appreciated?

many thanks

Glenn.
    goto and click on Programs in xbmc ----> then Android apps ---> select your app you want to use to backback out use the back button an dyou are back in xbmc again
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

many thanks! all working on the M8N perfectly! only thing now is ......

I'm trying to do the same thing on my M8 and I cant even get it to get the firmware on there, I have tried the reset button inside the MIC/JACK port and the box just keeps booting up and not jumping into the firmware update like the M8N did, so I thought I'd try the OTA Update app on it and all went well, it gave me the warnings that it will wipe box etc and then proceeds to reboot. and thats it it just reboots and comes straight back up into Android menu....

any advice is appreciated...

many thanks and kind regards

Glenn

Comment

I'm trying to do the same thing on my M8 and I cant even get it to get the firmware on there, I have tried the reset button inside the MIC/JACK port and the box just keeps booting up and not jumping into the firmware update like the M8N did, so I thought I'd try the OTA Update app on it and all went well, it gave me the warnings that it will wipe box etc and then proceeds to reboot. and thats it it just reboots and comes straight back up into Android menu....

any advice is appreciated...

many thanks and kind regards

Glenn
        does it flash and give you complete with 0- 10000dec or do you get error at the end of the flash.

I hav etested this on m8n and m8 both working and virtually same box with some cosmetic changes and remote, can you take picture and post at the end of the flash black screen

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
          does it flash and give you complete with 0- 10000dec or do you get error at the end of the flash.

I hav etested this on m8n and m8 both working and virtually same box with some cosmetic changes and remote, can you take picture and post at the end of the flash black screen

It doesn't even enter the flashing screen, you get the Mali 450 Logo, then straight after it comes up with the gif MBOX - Make Your Life Color

No errors no nothing, its just I have rebooted the box??

Comment

It doesn't even enter the flashing screen, you get the Mali 450 Logo, then straight after it comes up with the gif MBOX - Make Your Life Color

No errors no nothing, its just I have rebooted the box??
            you are extracting the zip file once and placing onto usb or sdcard right?

put recovery.img on root of usb stick and do the toothpick

JustMe

Comment

put recovery.img on root of usb stick and do the toothpick

OK i'll do that now, just got to find recovery.img lol, I'm fairly new to this sorry

Comment

OK i'll do that now, just got to find recovery.img lol, I'm fairly new to this sorry
                can i ask did you extract the downloaded zip file and stick all files on sd card or usb?

also visual guide and instructions http://justmeroms.com/support-page/

JustMe

Comment

can i ask did you extract the downloaded zip file and stick all files on sd card or usb?

also visual guide and instructions http://justmeroms.com/support-page/
                  SDCARD, I have extracted the recovery.img and done the toothpick,

little green man with a spinning heart now..... ill report back on what happens.....

Comment

1.6c released now to public for members 1.5v3 due out in 24 to 48 hrs sorry for delay final fixes

Thank you looking forward to the update

Comment

JustMe:
                      Did you remove the FrequencySwitcher? Why is that?

I also have a problem with downloading from Google Play, it just say downloading and nothing happens.

any tip?

Comment

Originally posted by eikum View Post
                        JustMe:
                        Did you remove the FrequencySwitcher? Why is that?

I also have a problem with downloading from Google Play, it just say downloading and nothing happens.

any tip?
                        Well I wanted to see what was better frequency switcher or the spmc as i had some request for spmc so i added it.

also google playstore maybe try this method posted by another member

JustMe

Comment

has the wake up issue been sorted with this version, or do i have to run wakeme scottie every time

Comment

Originally posted by okey View Post
                            has the wake up issue been sorted with this version, or do i have to run wakeme scottie every time
                            wake up issue hasn't been present since 1.5v2 port, so no you do not have to use wakeme scottie

JustMe

Comment

SDCARD, I have extracted the recovery.img and done the toothpick,

little green man with a spinning heart now..... ill report back on what happens.....

Every time someone says they will "report back", they never actually do.

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
                                JM. Kudos, once again. Had no problems installing this to replace Port 1.5 v2. I do not want to boot into Kodi all the time, so I installed Nova launcher from within Kodi and changed launcher settings there. Again, no issues. SD card write is working well. The remote zip fixed the buttons as expected. Your boot screen is crisp and clean. Restored Kodi from a backup and was operational withing an hour of the install.

I am having a some issues with dragging widgets to the desktop. Some do, some don't. Also additional wallpaper apps do not launch. ES Explorer does and allows .jpg use. I know that this release is a media version and meant to boot into Kodi, so these are very minor.

A beer is coming your way as soon as I run some other apps... cj
                                Hi, how did you manage to install a launcher from within Kodi? I'm trying everything here..It always boots me into Kodi and I can't seem to get out and get to the main screen with the apps and all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X