No announcement yet.

HDMI and RJ45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In another thread user oversx is suggesting to put the ConnectionType in "100Base-TX Full_Duplex" mode:

Will try

Comment

Originally posted by virusX View Post
      In another thread user oversx is suggesting to put the ConnectionType in "100Base-TX Full_Duplex" mode:

Will try
      Thanks will try when I come home. And report back.

Comment

This is working. I can unplug anything, can switch my vpn on/off.
        I will report after a longer use.

Comment

Unfortunately it's not working for me... Is your Pipo running idle?

Comment

No I never go Idle, I setup everything to not to in the power management (never sleep, never screen off or screensaver, never shutdown HDD etc...). Even with no ethernet active transfer it's still up
            It still act weird, sometimes, when I disable Wifi manually or if I unplug both RJ45 and HDMI, things I won't be doing everyday. So it's 90% more stable that way.
            Also try to reboot twice, it helped me... once

Comment

Problem solved by using an hdmi hub, unpowered! HDMI cable goes to hub and from hub another HDMI cable to TV, that keeps etherent alive with TV off - no other changes made.

i used a cheap hdmi hub from ****, 4-5$.

thank you for support.

ps. problem then is on hdmi current along with usb ethernet hw.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation iusefree, I'll check if the others things I've done is modifying somehow the behavior of the ethernet connection.

Comment

Simpler solution

Originally posted by iusefree View Post
                  Problem solved by using an hdmi hub, unpowered! HDMI cable goes to hub and from hub another HDMI cable to TV, that keeps etherent alive with TV off - no other changes made.

i used a cheap hdmi hub from ****, 4-5$.

thank you for support.

ps. problem then is on hdmi current along with usb ethernet hw.
                  The simplest solution is to configure Windows to switch to another display when the main display is not available (even when there is no other display available).

This is done as follows:

1. Attach a monitor to the device, right-click on the Desktop and then
                  choose "Screen Resolution".

2. Click Detect and then click on "Another display not detected".

3. Under "Multiple displays", select "Try to connect anyway on: VGA".

4. Then click Apply.

When you then unplug the HDMI monitor from the device (or power it off), the system will switch to that non-existent VGA display and continue running normally with all Network interfaces active. Of course, to prevent Connected Standby mode from being entered, the registry variable HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnab led must previously have been set to 0 and the machine rebooted.
                  Last edited by darfnix; 03-27-2015, 21:41. Reason: Minor corrections

Comment

Originally posted by darfnix View Post
                    Simpler solution

The simplest solution is to configure Windows to switch to another display when the main display is not available (even when there is no other display available).

This is done as follows:

1. Attach a monitor to the device, right-click on the Desktop and then
                    choose "Screen Resolution".

2. Click Detect and then click on "Another display not detected".

3. Under "Multiple displays", select "Try to connect anyway on: VGA".

4. Then click Apply.

When you then unplug the HDMI monitor from the device (or power it off), the system will switch to that non-existent VGA display and continue running normally with all Network interfaces active. Of course, to prevent Connected Standby mode from being entered, the registry variable HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnab led must previously have been set to 0 and the machine rebooted.

It works!!!! I can now switch off my TV or even remove my hdmi cable and pipo remains connected... Thanks a lot.

Comment

I did this change, adding a secondary monitor set to Try to connect on VGA anyway and did the registry change. It has been working fine for 2 weeks without a monitor connected to HDMI. Then all of a sudden, the ethernet stopped. When I looked I could see the orange LED flashing dimly but all ethernet activity had stopped. I couldn't VNC into the machine.

When I connected a HDMI cable to it and to a monitor, the ethernet came back to life. I can tell by my logs that besides the LAN everything else was working ok, all usb adapters/etc.

There is nothing obvious in the windows event log.
                      Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

In fact, I have now found this error in the Windows System Event Log about the same time:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
                        {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
                        and APPID
                        {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
                        to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Tracing the CLSID, this is the RuntimeBroker? Weird - not sure if cause or effect.

Comment

what's about something like this https://www.headlessghost.com/
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                            what's about something like this https://www.headlessghost.com/
                            Nice find. Thanks for sharing. I'll look into it.

Comment

So I have been using a USB Dongle that's USB 3.0 and gigabit connection and a HDMI device someone else mentioned on here that tricks the system to think a display is connected. I also turned off the CS state thing and everything seems to be working fine. I think the thread is a bit hard to follow though with everything. Is this type of setup not working for others?

Comment

Originally posted by kenman345 View Post
                                So I have been using a USB Dongle that's USB 3.0 and gigabit connection and a HDMI device someone else mentioned on here that tricks the system to think a display is connected. I also turned off the CS state thing and everything seems to be working fine. I think the thread is a bit hard to follow though with everything. Is this type of setup not working for others?
                                I am using the onboard ethernet and have done the CS state thing and setup a dummy secondary monitor. This was working fine without a monitor for a couple of weeks but just had the instance mentioned above, where ethernet went down until I connected a monitor. I may opt for this headless ghost adapter.
                                And I also unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option on the onboard ethernet adapter.
                                Last edited by johnnygal; 04-16-2015, 18:49. Reason: Added detail about power management on ethernet adapter

Comment

Working...
                                X