Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s'pht View Post
    Just noticed last night that the update to hangouts and a bunch of other apps are complaining that the device doesn't support Google play services. I haven't updated to the new rom yet, does it have play services integrated?
    So, I decided to play with this for a bit and THEN decided to update to hangouts with the default 0.40 install. I just installed Hangouts without any issues.

What other apps are you having problems with? Would like to try installing...
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

hangouts *installed* fine but wouldn't run on the previous version since it didn't have Google Play Services

Comment

hangouts *installed* fine but wouldn't run on the previous version since it didn't have Google Play Services
        What do you mean 'previous version'? Are you talking about 0.31? I'm really confused now what you're talking about. Are you saying things that didn't install on 0.31 install on 0.40??

Comment

is this rom going to be fixed? been waiting on this thread to see where it was going

Comment

Not sure what you mean? As I previously stated, hangouts installed fine on my device with this ROM

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
              Interesting. Ok, I'll grab these two files and incorporate them....
              this is what I was talking about

Comment

Originally posted by ftajones View Post
                this is what I was talking about
                I said that without testing it myself at the time. When I tested the ROM and found out that Google Hangouts installs perfectly, I decided against changing anything-if it ain't broke don't fix it. I haven't heard from the guy who posted that-whether reflashing his ROM worked so I'm assuming it was his device until I hear otherwise.

Comment

tried to upgrade, but was unable to get into fel mode, any suggestions??? it is a ptab7xc with the Elektricity ROM ICS .31
                  Last edited by ftajones; 09-17-2013, 02:09. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                    I said that without testing it myself at the time. When I tested the ROM and found out that Google Hangouts installs perfectly, I decided against changing anything-if it ain't broke don't fix it. I haven't heard from the guy who posted that-whether reflashing his ROM worked so I'm assuming it was his device until I hear otherwise.
                    I just tried installing 0.40 on a 701c today (this was a different 701c, I used to have 3 but I only have 2 now - one was replaced by a 704):
                    • installed firmware with format option
                    • added wifi credentials
                    • added google account
                    • went to play store and updated the stuff that was there
                    • installed hangouts
                    • loaded it:
                      • "Google Play Services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance."
                    • rebooted the device
                    • same error on launching hangouts
                    • Installed Google Play services_3.2.25 (761454-36)
                    • Install of play store 4.3.11 fails: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES] (I expect this means the play store in the ROM isn't signed with the official keys so it can't be updated in-place)
                    • Used TiBu to remove Play Store 3.5.16 (8011016)
                    • Same error installing play store 4.3.11, must need a reboot
                    • rebooted device
                    • Installed Play Store 4.3.11 (8023011) yay!
                    • Hangouts works fine, logs in and I can send/receive messages.
                    • EDIT: and don't forget to move both to /system using TiBu or you'll get force closes with Play Store all the time.
                    Last edited by s'pht; 09-19-2013, 19:55.

Comment

I just tried installing 0.40 on a 701c today (this was a different 701c, I used to have 3 but I only have 2 now - one was replaced by a 704):
                      • installed firmware with format option
                      • added wifi credentials
                      • added google account
                      • went to play store and updated the stuff that was there
                      • installed hangouts
                      • loaded it:
                        • "Google Play Services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance."

• rebooted the device
                      • Installed Google Play services_3.2.25 (761454-36)
                      • Install of play store 4.3.11 fails: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES] (I expect this means the play store in the ROM isn't signed with the official keys so it can't be updated in-place)
                      • Used TiBu to remove Play Store 3.5.16 (8011016)
                      • Same error installing play store 4.3.11, must need a reboot
                      • rebooted device
                      • Installed Play Store 4.3.11 (8023011) yay!
                      • Hangouts works fine, logs in and I can send/receive messages.
                      • EDIT: and don't forget to move both to /system using TiBu or you'll get force closes with Play Store all the time.
                      Wow, that's bizarre-I won't pretend to have tried all that, but what I did tried worked flawlessly. I'll try your list of tests though.

Comment

Version 0.41 release for PMID 703C

So, I gotta say, I was a little disappointed with this release. Was hoping to get a speed bump like I did with the 701C but didn't really notice much of a difference. YMMV. Either way, Apex Launcher and BusyBox have been updated.

Enjoy!

Comment

I must say I have been wanting this Rom for a long time now and was never able to because Livesuite would not work on my Windows 8 so I finally came across PhoenixSuit and it worked. Nice ROM!!! Now my daughter can actually use her tablet!!! Looking forward to some more.Maybe a JB Rom. Nice job, elektrik!!!

Comment

Thanks man! JB may be a bit of a stretch, because of time restraints in my schedule (I usually take the stock Polaroid ROM and beef it up & I haven't seen a JB ROM for this tab). Glad you like it though

Comment

For those how have a PTAB7XC, i installed the 703C_elektricity_rom_v_031-STABLE on it for testing

Thats make 4 days now, and i seen 0 issues, everything works (google play...3rd party apps...wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by PTAB7X View Post
                                For those how have a PTAB7XC, i installed the 703C_elektricity_rom_v_031-STABLE on it for testing

Thats make 4 days now, and i seen 0 issues, everything works (google play...3rd party apps...wifi)
                                Curious...how come you didn't install the .041 ROM?

Comment

Working...
                                X