Voyo mini pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
    windows update failed t install the vast majority of them, but i have scouted about the net for the ones that i could identify and managed to get it down to three missing. Hopefully some kind soul will make a back up of their drivers for me. i am not actually sure what it is thats missing but though as its all unknown device. I will contact the seller.
    Mine will be here tomorrow or Monday.. Monday most likely. I Can then help you figure out what is what with a few screen shots of Device manager.
    Also there could be a DRIVER Directory on the Hidden/ Restore partition. I KNOW HP Does this.

What is most likely missing could be acpi stuff Try to remove it reboot then see if windows will try to pick them up again..Also remember sometimes to install drivers you must go into ufi bios and turn unknown driver signing protection off..

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
      Mine will be here tomorrow or Monday.. Monday most likely. I Can then help you figure out what is what with a few screen shots of Device manager.
      Also there could be a DRIVER Directory on the Hidden/ Restore partition. I KNOW HP Does this.

What is most likely missing could be acpi stuff Try to remove it reboot then see if windows will try to pick them up again..Also remember sometimes to install drivers you must go into ufi bios and turn unknown driver signing protection off..
      Never thought of the bios must give that a shot. Got the wireless back and most other things, just those three unknow, which windows detect but does not find.

Comment

Never thought of the bios must give that a shot. Got the wireless back and most other things, just those three unknow, which windows detect but does not find.
        Incidentally it seems much quicker than it was when i got it. There was a recovery partition but i deleted it when doing the install. Silly me.

Comment

Incidentally it seems much quicker than it was when i got it. There was a recovery partition but i deleted it when doing the install. Silly me.
          It will be faster because you installed a Fresh Version of windows without the Manufacture bloat crap..

One of the reasons i am following you so Closely .When i get a new pc or laptop First thing i do is back it up.Get COA KEYS . Wipe and install a OEM Version of windows that matches the key.

Comment

It will be faster because you installed a Fresh Version of windows without the Manufacture bloat crap..

One of the reasons i am following you so Closely .When i get a new pc or laptop First thing i do is back it up.Get COA KEYS . Wipe and install a OEM Version of windows that matches the key.
            Had a poke about the bios and changed a few things. Now i have no display aaaaaarrrrrgggh. Give me back android any day this is driving me mad. Enable fast boot and secure boot as they were enabled by default. What have a i done?

wonder if letting the battery discharge will have a similar effect to clearing cmos? That what i will try.

Comment

Had a poke about the bios and changed a few things. Now i have no display aaaaaarrrrrgggh. Give me back android any day this is driving me mad. Enable fast boot and secure boot as they were enabled by default. What have a i done?

I Think you messed with the wrong bios.. There should be a reset pin or button to fix that .
              Modern computers have two bios so to speak. the ufi bios is a Graphic interface you should be able to get there from f9 or a key combination at Boot up. even if you have no display keep pressing different combinations..

In that bios screen you go to from memory Trouble shooting . then advanced settings then restart in advanced startup options .

there are all kinds of sites that tell you exact instructions..

Comment

I Think you messed with the wrong bios.. There should be a reset pin or button to fix that .
                Modern computers have two bios so to speak. the ufi bios is a Graphic interface you should be able to get there from f9 or a key combination at Boot up. even if you have no display keep pressing different combinations..

In that bios screen you go to from memory Trouble shooting . then advanced settings then restart in advanced startup options .

there are all kinds of sites that tell you exact instructions..
                Nothing seemsto be working with it. There is no reset button. Tried all sorts of button combos but nothing coming from it. My tv detects the connection but it doesn't start. Any thanks for all your patience. I am going to let the battery discharge see if that clears it.

Comment

Nothing seemsto be working with it. There is no reset button. Tried all sorts of button combos but nothing coming from it. My tv detects the connection but it doesn't start. Any thanks for all your patience. I am going to let the battery discharge see if that clears it.
                  Battery discharge will NOT Do it. bios settings are written in firmware.
                  Some things that may reset bios.
                  Gently take a toothpick.
                  1.Stick it inside the Audio Jack and see if it pushes a reset pin..
                  2. Unplug the unit . Holding down the power button and Plugging back in while still holding power button down.
                  3. unplug and plug back in the unit.... Then push and hold power button down for 30 seconds to a minute.
                  The above are ways some device manufactures use to access and reset bios.
                  Also holding down del key on a WIRED Plugged in keyboard
                  as well as f key combos.. Remember those will usually not work with a wireless keyboard unless its a wireless keyboard that comes with its own dongle. NOT BLUETOOTH ...

Comment

Battery discharge will NOT Do it. bios settings are written in firmware.
                    Some things that may reset bios.
                    Gently take a toothpick.
                    1.Stick it inside the Audio Jack and see if it pushes a reset pin..
                    2. Unplug the unit . Holding down the power button and Plugging back in while still holding power button down.
                    3. unplug and plug back in the unit.... Then push and hold power button down for 30 seconds to a minute.
                    The above are ways some device manufactures use to access and reset bios.
                    Also holding down del key on a WIRED Plugged in keyboard
                    as well as f key combos.. Remember those will usually not work with a wireless keyboard unless its a wireless keyboard that comes with its own dongle. NOT BLUETOOTH ...

Tried all that without success. No idea how to reset it, seriously thinking of using it as a doorstop. My patience has just about gone with it. It was a good box as well before this stuff happened. But i have seriously taken a disliking to it now. lol

Comment

Tried all that without success. No idea how to reset it, seriously thinking of using it as a doorstop. My patience has just about gone with it. It was a good box as well before this stuff happened. But i have seriously taken a disliking to it now. lol

ROFLOL.. GOOD thing you are not a IT Tech....

There is a way.. I seen on a you-tube tear down on the back side of the main board looks like a a small set of micro switches.Thou the video is a bit out of Focus and cant tell for sure...
                      I THINK This device is made by wintel...I know yoyo is a 3rd party seller..

Do not break it .
                      I will figure it out when i get mine... If there is a Solution.

Comment

ROFLOL.. GOOD thing you are not a IT Tech....

There is a way.. I seen on a you-tube tear down on the back side of the main board looks like a a small set of micro switches.Thou the video is a bit out of Focus and cant tell for sure...
                        I THINK This device is made by wintel...I know yoyo is a 3rd party seller..

Do not break it .
                        I will figure it out when i get mine... If there is a Solution.
                        Thanks for your help, for now i am going to leave it in case i deliberately damage it.

Comment

Thanks for your help, for now i am going to leave it in case i deliberately damage it.
                          Just got text message from DHL. Saying it will be Delivered Tomorrow... Whooweee Been without Kodi for two weeks now. Hooking My note tablet up to the tv is a butt pain ..

Comment

wonder if letting the battery discharge will have a similar effect to clearing cmos? That what i will try.
                            You should know better...

Comment

Just got text message from DHL. Saying it will be Delivered Tomorrow... Whooweee Been without Kodi for two weeks now. Hooking My note tablet up to the tv is a butt pain ..
                              Superb really pleased for you. Go and play with and honestly don't worry about trying to help me I will work it out somehow. Thanks again

Comment

hi thanks for your help in the matter, reading those threads it sounds like a programmer is needed which is well above my knowledge and abilities. I suppose I can always use it as a nice paperweight lol

Comment

Working...
                                X