Voyo mini pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor/ tv resolution

Reading thru the PIPO Thread i found where someone was having a similar issue with NO Video OUTPUT .
    Seems not all tv support the resolution required in the bios.

It might be worth it to you to try a Computer monitor or other hdmi tv and see if yo can get video...
    I know you said you give up. But i refuse to think these things can be bricked without a Hardware failure...

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Too small to be a door stop, but as a featured tile in a bathroom might be the go
      Brilliant lol

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
        Reading thru the PIPO Thread i found where someone was having a similar issue with NO Video OUTPUT .
        Seems not all tv support the resolution required in the bios.

It might be worth it to you to try a Computer monitor or other hdmi tv and see if yo can get video...
        I know you said you give up. But i refuse to think these things can be bricked without a Hardware failure...
        I will give that a go thanks

Comment

Originally posted by robertnik View Post
          It's such a time that the bios should be safe, and if problems arise reboot to the default settings.
          It's a big minus, you can permanently ruin the device.
          Software issues, as usual, I'll get the users themselves.
          As soon as the device gets to me I share a copy of the system and try to make a fully functional wimboot. Sorry Geekbuing no hurry to shipping ...
          these have been out less than a year.. so I'd imagine that they'd be under some kind of warranty
          at a minimum you must be able to get back to the bios, even if it means a wipe of all data on the emmc card.. anything short of that failsafe is a design/QC flaw.

Comment

Need your help!!!

Hi all. I am the owner of Voyo mini PC. After experimenting with the BIOS settings usb keyboard is not initialized in BIOS. Windows boot normally. After many days and nights, found a solution, but need your help.
            Summary: This device does not CMOS in the old sense, so all settings are stored on a single-chip non-volatile. In order to reset the bios I need to rewrite the nvram region. The problem is that I made a copy of the BIOS after disabling usb.
            My BIOS copy is broken. I can not use it to rewrite nvram, nvram remains unchanged.
            So I have a huge request to send me the BIOS, so I was able to record the default region nvram in my bios.
            Dump the BIOS can be made with the program AFUWINGUI.EXE.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

How to step by step?
              GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

Originally posted by _NiK View Post
                Hi all. I am the owner of Voyo mini PC. After experimenting with the BIOS settings usb keyboard is not initialized in BIOS. Windows boot normally. After many days and nights, found a solution, but need your help.
                Summary: This device does not CMOS in the old sense, so all settings are stored on a single-chip non-volatile. In order to reset the bios I need to rewrite the nvram region. The problem is that I made a copy of the BIOS after disabling usb.
                My BIOS copy is broken. I can not use it to rewrite nvram, nvram remains unchanged.
                So I have a huge request to send me the BIOS, so I was able to record the default region nvram in my bios.
                Dump the BIOS can be made with the program AFUWINGUI.EXE.

Thanks in advance.
                Sounds very interesting and maybe a bit of a break through. I have just bought a powered usb hub but think I may have done the same as yourself except mines doesn't not display at all. I doubt you would want a copy me my BIOS is it's present state but if I can get in tomorrow I will let you know

Comment

How to step by step?
                  1. Downloading the program. https://www.wimsbios.com/files/flash...in-5.05.04.zip
                  2. Open as administrator Afuwingui.exe \afuwin\32\AfuWin32\Afuwingui.exe.
                  3. Press SAVE, give a name and select where to save the file.
                  After recovery bios, in any case, I will describe in detail the procedure.
                  Thanks in advance.

Comment

You wrote about the NVRAM and there is an option, not selected by default.
                    Nothing select only click Save?
                    GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

You wrote about the NVRAM and there is an option, not selected by default.
                      Nothing select only click Save?
                      Yes, nothing select only click Save.

Comment

Please.
                        Voyo_mini_PC_Bios_Backup_25.03.2015.rom
                        GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your help.
                          It is not recommended to spread the BIOS to share.
                          There stored individual information such as activation key windows.
                          I promise that the individual information I will not use.
                          The report will be tomorrow.

Comment

OEM Key All of Voyo mini PC are the same. Than use it on another device, Windows will not activate. (I checked)

EDIT
                            Look for tablet manufacturers. Everyone (except Chinese) provide bios.
                            GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

1. I don't think, if I'm not wrong, this backup/dump includes the key
                              2. also I don't think this backup/dump will help you, because, also if I'm not wrong, it only contains the binary excepting any settings...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Progress report

As I was expecting, overwriting nvram cleared "CMOS".
                                I advise everyone to make a copy of a working BIOS.
                                If you disable usb in the BIOS, only overwriting nvram can reset bios settings.
                                Also, a copy of the BIOS you may need to flash through the SPI programmer.

All the following are you doing at your own risk.

For flashing nvram:

1. Download the program. https://www.wimsbios.com/files/flash...in-5.05.04.zip
                                It is better to move it to the disk C.
                                2. Open as administrator Afuwingui.exe \afuwin\32\AfuWin32\Afuwingui.exe.
                                3. Open original backuped bios. Check only NVRAM box. Press Flash.
                                And best of all, start a command prompt as administrator and type, for example:
                                C:\AfuWin32\afuwin.exe BIOS.rom /N

After go into the BIOS and reset settings to default.

Thanks.

PS: After flashing nvram, Wndows activation key remain original.
                                Apparently, the key information is contained in another region of the BIOS.

Comment

Working...
                                X