No announcement yet.

Voyo mini pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been almost two months since I ordered a PiPo X7 and I am still waiting for it to arrive. After I receive it and play with it for a week, I plan to heavily modify the cooling system, and probably brick it intentionally and create an extensive yet easy enough to follow unbricking guide. If you are not up to it, you may find a friend who is willing to do this procedure for you.

Comment

Request for help sent to manufacture today MYVOYO.COM

For what its worth I sent a request for me information about this device and Bios Recovery procedure as well as information about the STRANGE BATTERY SETUP...

MY Voyo came in today

My thoughts
      1. There is a Battery and the device will run on it (do not know how long)
      This internal battery is more like a ups device as it does not show inside windows/ windows device manager no place is it listed inside windows knowing it has a battery.
      However . there is a Folder on c: that has test utilities that will test the battery and give you some what i indication its charging..

2. Bios / Device reset.. Nothing that i have find . (NOT Taken it apart) to reset this.
      Maybe they will Answer me....
      3. Ask them for Drivers or a list of the exact hardware used to get ref drivers

This device is Running a STRIPPED DOWN Version of Windows 8.1 with Bing. NO OTHER SOFTWARE . NO SPAM OR FREEWARE.. Totally clean install. Which is a great thing..
      The box gets warm but runs fun so far AND Watching as i type this full 1080 hd movie streaming with kodi 14.1 ..
      More to come as i dig deeper into its Hardware and hopefully hear back from VOYO.
      Erica Renee

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
        It has been almost two months since I ordered a PiPo X7 and I am still waiting for it to arrive. After I receive it and play with it for a week, I plan to heavily modify the cooling system, and probably brick it intentionally and create an extensive yet easy enough to follow unbricking guide. If you are not up to it, you may find a friend who is willing to do this procedure for you.
        You are mad my friend. I have ended up having to learn everything about this device because it went on a bendy one all on it's own. I will eventually sort it out. If I get time. If you really crave broken devices I have a bundle I can send you. Pm me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
          For what its worth I sent a request for me information about this device and Bios Recovery procedure as well as information about the STRANGE BATTERY SETUP...

MY Voyo came in today

My thoughts
          1. There is a Battery and the device will run on it (do not know how long)
          This internal battery is more like a ups device as it does not show inside windows/ windows device manager no place is it listed inside windows knowing it has a battery.
          However . there is a Folder on c: that has test utilities that will test the battery and give you some what i indication its charging..

2. Bios / Device reset.. Nothing that i have find . (NOT Taken it apart) to reset this.
          Maybe they will Answer me....
          3. Ask them for Drivers or a list of the exact hardware used to get ref drivers

This device is Running a STRIPPED DOWN Version of Windows 8.1 with Bing. NO OTHER SOFTWARE . NO SPAM OR FREEWARE.. Totally clean install. Which is a great thing..
          The box gets warm but runs fun so far AND Watching as i type this full 1080 hd movie streaming with kodi 14.1 ..
          More to come as i dig deeper into its Hardware and hopefully hear back from VOYO.
          Erica Renee
          Hi sounds like you really know your stuff. I assume you do this type of work from what you say. I have come to the conclusion that there is no BIOS reset for the device. I think it will need re programmed. I think this is shocking particularly as there site has no recovery disc. I for one won't be recommending them to anyone. It's true what they say you get what you pay for.

Comment

My son has a bios flash device but not sure he has a header that will Fit this chip as i have not taken this apart. I really think people should NOT Have to take apart and tinker with Brand new Devices.
            I seen a few tear down videos on this device from geek buying and a Tear Down of there winpad a1 xxx The MAIN BOARD Is the exact same. This box we have even has the Connectors and SOFTWARE in there to run a Touch screen.. So what i am thinking you done in the bios was switched the video to the Touch screen.
            I may Take mine apart at some time and check out the connectors.

As far as the Device performance.. This blows away every android box i have used for KODI and Just sent back a Quad core amlogic box because of reboots. Yesterday evening we watched movies FOR hours while Windows updates were running in the background and Installing other software onto the box. NOT ONE Studder and no Major buffering issue. The box Does get very hot but raising it about a inch off the tv stand helps. I am going to add some legs under it for better heat dissipation. Ohh and I am using it with a Cheap 4.00 usb to ethernet cable as our wifi router is kinda old tech

I did used to work in the pc business my Spouse and i OWNED A Small retail/Networking Business. We sold it in late 90s

Comment

It's such a time that the bios should be safe, and if problems arise reboot to the default settings.
              It's a big minus, you can permanently ruin the device.
              Software issues, as usual, I'll get the users themselves.
              As soon as the device gets to me I share a copy of the system and try to make a fully functional wimboot. Sorry Geekbuing no hurry to shipping ...
              GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

Originally posted by robertnik View Post
                :
                As soon as the device gets to me I share a copy of the system and try to make a fully functional wimboot. Sorry Geekbuing no hurry to shipping ...
                NO, you don't
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-MS-licensing!
                Because MS normally doesn't allow to share "w8.1 with bing" OEM media... that's why the recovery partition exists...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by erica-renee View Post
                  My son has a bios flash device but not sure he has a header that will Fit this chip as i have not taken this apart. I really think people should NOT Have to take apart and tinker with Brand new Devices.
                  I seen a few tear down videos on this device from geek buying and a Tear Down of there winpad a1 xxx The MAIN BOARD Is the exact same. This box we have even has the Connectors and SOFTWARE in there to run a Touch screen.. So what i am thinking you done in the bios was switched the video to the Touch screen.
                  I may Take mine apart at some time and check out the connectors.

As far as the Device performance.. This blows away every android box i have used for KODI and Just sent back a Quad core amlogic box because of reboots. Yesterday evening we watched movies FOR hours while Windows updates were running in the background and Installing other software onto the box. NOT ONE Studder and no Major buffering issue. The box Does get very hot but raising it about a inch off the tv stand helps. I am going to add some legs under it for better heat dissipation. Ohh and I am using it with a Cheap 4.00 usb to ethernet cable as our wifi router is kinda old tech

I did used to work in the pc business my Spouse and i OWNED A Small retail/Networking Business. We sold it in late 90s
                  I agree the device is useless and totally unsupported by the manufacturer, hindsight tells me never to buy a Chinese windows box ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    NO, you don't
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-MS-licensing!
                    Because MS normally doesn't allow to share "w8.1 with bing" OEM media... that's why the recovery partition exists...
                    I have many things I do not know. My wimboot to tablets formed from the original, pre-installed on your Windows system. There are pirated.
                    Please tell me where Microsoft prohibits Wimboot share, or a copy of the disk partition or recovery key?
                    Such modification will fit only one model of the device are not universal. There is no question of computer piracy.
                    Please show where prohibited by Microsoft. He had never met with such a ban, and if there is, I would like to know about him.
                    Thank you.
                    GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

Originally posted by robertnik View Post
                      I have many things I do not know. My wimboot to tablets formed from the original, pre-installed on your Windows system. There are pirated.
                      Please tell me where Microsoft prohibits Wimboot share, or a copy of the disk partition or recovery key?
                      Such modification will fit only one model of the device are not universal. There is no question of computer piracy.
                      Please show where prohibited by Microsoft. He had never met with such a ban, and if there is, I would like to know about him.
                      Thank you.
                      I don't really see how this is relevant to my problem. Unless it's possible to flash my box it's a brick from what I understand. I am planning on trying it as a Frisbee now. I get a new android box during the week so back to kodi. I have to say even before this occurred I was rather underwhelmed with it's performance. That's coming from a minix neo x h plus. just seemed sluggish and video wasn't great either and the heat was unbelievable. The plus side was that it recognised my denon avr and the sound was crystal. Can't quite believe that there is BIOS and you can monkey it up and no reset function. That is beggars belief and in my eyes cheap Chinese crap.

Comment

Originally posted by desmondo View Post
                        I don't really see how this is relevant to my problem.
                        Bios is stitched to the Windows key.
                        If the license is prohibited, it can not be made available to you, even by the manufacturer.
                        Nonsense.
                        GK525 My mod rom.

Comment

I don't really see how this is relevant to my problem. Unless it's possible to flash my box it's a brick from what I understand. I am planning on trying it as a Frisbee now. I get a new android box during the week so back to kodi. I have to say even before this occurred I was rather underwhelmed with it's performance. That's coming from a minix neo x h plus. just seemed sluggish and video wasn't great either and the heat was unbelievable. The plus side was that it recognised my denon avr and the sound was crystal. Can't quite believe that there is BIOS and you can monkey it up and no reset function. That is beggars belief and in my eyes cheap Chinese crap.
                          If you do decide to stick with Android, let me know if you want to sell on your Voyo, as I'm looking to ditch Android in favour of Windows.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                            If you do decide to stick with Android, let me know if you want to sell on your Voyo, as I'm looking to ditch Android in favour of Windows.
                            Hi do you understand that the device is not working?

Comment

Hi do you understand that the device is not working?
                              Yes.

I just fancy some tinkering and if it remains a door stop then it would be a colourful one.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Too small to be a door stop, but as a featured tile in a bathroom might be the go
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X