This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r45robb View Post
    @stewartie4 I was returning my T01 because it was missing that power feature (why does it not have it by default!?!!) then I was linked to this page! all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    I don't know what the world is coming to but this thread has 900 views, God knows how many people you have helped and NOT ONE person has thanked you yet! People have complained about viruses and asked for more help and said this that and the other should be included, but no-one has actually said "I realize you did not have to share this with us... but you did anyway"
    So on behalf of everyone who hasn't said.... THANK YOU!!!!!
    You're very welcome!
    I understand your frustration - it really is a logical feature that should be there from the get-go but meegopad like their money too much haha. As for the lack of thanks, that is to be expected in forums we all do it all the time without realizing it's no big deal to me

Originally posted by sirov View Post
    Can someone tell me if you can start the logo "Meegopad" remove at Meegopad
    Yes you can change the windows boot logo with something like this http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...-logo-changer/
    My stick came with no meegopad branding except the boot logo which is now intel branded XD

Comment

Thank you for sharing with us. If I unplug and plug the PSU while Windows is running (to simulate power loss), would T01 boot up after plugging in?

Anat
      Last edited by aruangra; 03-12-2015, 04:33.

Comment

Originally posted by aruangra View Post
        Thank you for sharing with us. If I unplug and plug the PSU while Windows is running (to simulate power loss), would T01 boot up after plugging in?

Anat
        You're welcome. Yes the power button never needs to be used again.

Comment

Hi, does anybody know if i can use this bios with 'autoboot' on my

Orbsmart AW-01

Hardware Specifications are the same i would say.

I would really like to use the autoboot 'feature'.
          Thanks for help!

Comment

please help!

hi,
            i have a meego too and i flash this bios.My stick now has auto power on but i can not use f7 key to enter in my stick bios.i try to reflash the bios but i can not.Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!
            i can not boot from usb stick.My stick run only in windows 8.1.if the windows brocken in the future what can i do?
            if you know how can i disable my bios protection and use again f7 key to enter in my bios pls tell me
            sorry for my bad english,hope you understand my problem
            have a nice day
            Last edited by marinica1967; 03-16-2015, 15:30. Reason: delete

Comment

Originally posted by Stuckmojo667 View Post
              Hi, does anybody know if i can use this bios with 'autoboot' on my

Orbsmart AW-01

Hardware Specifications are the same i would say.

I would really like to use the autoboot 'feature'.
              Thanks for help!
              There are a lot of rebadged T01's going around and that is one of them IF it has the same BIOS as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpnStV-nx_E then you are good to go, if not (because some sticks have a different bios) then i don't think this will work and will possibly brick your stick.

Comment

Question is there a tool for linux that does the same as fptw.
                It doesn't need to have the same file format, but I should be able
                to make a back up and a restore.

Thanks in advanced.

DB,

Comment

First of all thanks to stewartie4 for posting this. it is working well on my MythTV MeegoPad.

Thaks again.

Originally posted by dirtyballs View Post
                  Question is there a tool for linux that does the same as fptw.
                  It doesn't need to have the same file format, but I should be able
                  to make a back up and a restore.

DB,
                  Yes there is. The one I use is called Flashrom. It can be found at http://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom .

You will need the latest Flashrom build (0.9.8).

A example backup command:
                  flashrom --programmer internal -c "W25Q64.W" -r backup_meegopad-W25Q64.W.bin

A example write command:
                  flashrom --programmer internal -c "W25Q64.W" -w meegopad_pack/EMBEDDED_OEM_BIOS_DUMP.bin

Hope it helps.

Comment

tried it but get the following error

flashrom v0.9.8-r1888 on Linux 3.16.0-23-generic (x86_64)
                    flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
                    No DMI table found.
                    Found chipset "Intel Bay Trail".
                    Enabling flash write... OK.
                    No EEPROM/flash device found.
                    Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

DB

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyballs View Post
                      tried it but get the following error

Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.

DB

Sorry RTFM.

Comment

if I understand it correctly I need to start using
                        -l, --layout <file>

Because the meego is not a predefine in flashrom.

DB

Comment

All needed info to run Flashrom can be found by reading http://flashrom.org/Board_Testing_HOWTO

Hint: run " sudo ./flashrom --programmer internal "
                          To see what to fill in for "W25Q64.W" in my examples.

Your meego may have a different flashchip.

Example from my meego: sudo ./flashrom --programmer internal
                          Returns:
                          flashrom v0.9.8-r1888 on Linux 3.16.0-31-generic (x86_64)
                          flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
                          No DMI table found.
                          Found chipset "Intel Bay Trail".
                          Enabling flash write... OK.
                          Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q64.W" (8192 kB, SPI) mapped at physical address 0x00000000ff800000.
                          No operations were specified.

Comment

thanks kjen

Got it working and the file that is created or written is compatible with fptw
                            Now I can update the bios and write my image in one go to the Meego, and that
                            fixes the boot problems that I had with all other methods

DB

Comment

Originally posted by stewartie4 View Post
                              I have direct clarification on why power on after G3 doesn't work - it is by design. MeegoPad specifically addressed this in an email reply they send me when I first got my 2 sticks and wondered what the issue was. They specifically disabled this feature so they could justify charging more to people who will be using the stick in embedded applications such as in billboards or Kiosks. They told me that the only way to get a stick that auto powers on is to buy in bulk.
                              Good research and thanks for the uploads! This really makes the stick function conveniently like it's supposed to.

I've got this running on Windows 10. For anyone who upgrades and doesn't have the base drivers, here are the essentials (credits to semjase from XDAForums):

I'm curious, is anyone also running this off a TV usb port? I have this setup so that when my TV powers on, the MeeGo stick also boots up. However, I've found that the power draw is slightly too high (at high CPU loads) for a single port.

I'm going to do some testing running with a Y-cable, but for reference does anyone know of any TVs with 2.1A output on at least 1 usb port?

Thanks!

Comment

Just a heads up to everyone to be careful when flashing the bios!

I just had a power failure while flashing and now my t01 is bricked...It just sits there blinking that blue led.
                                I'll have to dig out my chip programmer/clip set in order to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X