[WIP] yet another m7pro ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

find kernel 1.34.14 in this page
    freaktab.com/forum/tablet-support-android/pipo-tablets/development-projects/19533-pipo-project-m7pro-kernel/page30?18885-Pipo-Project-M7Pro-kernel=&p=243385
    then flash it

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
      find kernel 1.34.14 in this page
      freaktab.com/forum/tablet-support-android/pipo-tablets/development-projects/19533-pipo-project-m7pro-kernel/page30?18885-Pipo-Project-M7Pro-kernel=&p=243385
      then flash it
      Million thanks again, raxy. Any chance I can get 3g version of this rom?
      I'll try the kernel from your link tomorrow. Funny to say, but I have to use my co-worker PC since I don't have any pre win8.1 system available (I couldn't manage to install driver at win8.1 or 10 boxes)

Comment

we have the source codes but I still have to figure out how to generate binaries for the 3g version of the m7 pro and I will not be able to test the result anyway.

those kernel links are a bit dated, next week I llbe able to upload my kernel for you if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtul View Post
          Million thanks again, raxy. Any chance I can get 3g version of this rom?
          I'll try the kernel from your link tomorrow. Funny to say, but I have to use my co-worker PC since I don't have any pre win8.1 system available (I couldn't manage to install driver at win8.1 or 10 boxes)

This kernel supports 3g already.
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post

This kernel supports 3g already.
            Hi d33, thanks for your hard work on these kernels. I've installed v17 version (since v14 link is broken) and it doesn't support 3G, at least corresponding options are missing (whole mobile data section)

Comment

Originally posted by Virtul View Post

Hi d33, thanks for your hard work on these kernels. I've installed v17 version (since v14 link is broken) and it doesn't support 3G, at least corresponding options are missing (whole mobile data section)
              Ahhh ... the kernel has it compiled in but maybe the ROM doesn't support? Or maybe it has the wrong GPIOs compiled in.
              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

I suggest you take a Riley Rom know to run 3G correctly then flash v17 on top of it, then we'll know better where your problem come from

Comment

Hi,
                  I have been following the posts about M7Pro rrileyroms for quite some time here on freaktab. Even if I have not yet tried any custom rom, I believe all of your work is fantastic.

For a newbie like me, one thing that is hard to keep track about are the fixes and regression in each version of rileyrom : the best kernel seems to be the one from 2.7, but there have been many versions since then. Raxy's rom and d33's kernel look more straightforward to me and they make me feel interested to give a try.

About raxy's rom, I'm wondering where the latest versions could be downloaded (the ones with the fix for power drain 05-27, rotated camera) ? Also the link in 1st post for the version of 27th march is broken.
                  Has there been progress since then ? And on the kernel since V17 (the last changes on git being from june) ?

Comment

Welcome Sassa ! good to see you decided to post your very 1st comment in my thread.
                    M7Pro rrileyroms being based on chinese developpers giving no release notes, you have to discover what works and what does not by yourself, alas.

Comment

new link for 27th march zip file :
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

link for may07th version :
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Great ! Thanks a lot Raxy, it's downloading. I'll have to take the time to try it.

Comment

Is the 3G still not functional within this ROM?

Comment

I'd like to try this rom, any instruction to flash procedure? Thanks

Comment

the roms hosted on mega are to be flashed using the uf option of upgrade_tool from command line prompt under Linux or windows.
                                -find and install upgrade_tool as said in link in post #1,
                                -extract IMG file from my zip file,
                                -type (Linux) :
                                sudo upgrade_tool uf /path/to/img-file

Comment

Working...
                                X