NEW - U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.1 BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.1 BETA

I've just uploaded a BETA ROM for the U30GT H 1.09, it's BETA as the USB is broken on my tab.

This should be a full 900supersport 1.1 with all the usual fixes etc. Cube have updated the boot loader so I expect we may need to do a little work to get the kernel working in the ROM kit. As such in this ROM kit I've included three different Kernels (1.6 kernel as used in my earlier ROMs and both the stand alone and kernel embedded in boot.img) and the 1.1 and 1.2 boot loaders.

So if you are up for a challenge and want to help make this a full ROM kit rather than a BETA please download.

Instructions
    I assume that you already have experience with flashing your cube or else you would not be flashing a BETA. There is always the chance of bricking your tab and screwdrivers may be required to fix.
    • Download and unzip
    • start the flash tool
    • check bootloader and click on the small bot over to the right to allow you to navigate to the 900SupersportROM folder, and select the 1.20 bootloader
    • put your cube into flashmode and connect
    • erase idb
    • flash
    Hopefully the cube will now boot to recovery, select reboot and if it starts and you have a good rooted ROM. Please post confirmation of success failure and in the event of failure then give details of what happened (did any boot screen display, if so what, did recovery start...)

If it does not boot at all then put the tab into flash mode and try flashing just the kernel but select the alternate kernel kernel_b.img. Again please post with success/failure.

If it does not boot at all then put the tab into flash mode and try flashing just the kernel but select the alternate kernel kernel_1.6.img. Again please post with success/failure.

If it does not boot at all then put the tab into flash mode and try selecting and flashing boot loader 1.1. Again please post with success/failure.

Last attempt erase IDB and full flash selecting the 1.6 kernel and 1.1 boot loader. if this fails revert to my earlier ROM kit.

Based on the feedback received I will respond and update the ROM kit as required until we have a full ROM kit.

Link removed until I have a tester to work with.
    Last edited by 900supersport; 11-27-2012, 21:35. Reason: Link removed
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Hi there,

Tried all the steps...

Each time a black screen and nothing else

It looks like it keeps booting into flash recovery...as after it has finished flashing, the flash tool keeps finding the RKAndroid USB device.

Do I have to give my tablet ages before anything appears on the screen after flashing?

J.

Comment

Boot should not take long.

The image from kernel should display, maybe for a minute or so first time then recovery should come up.

Immediate options are to either flash my earlier rom or the stock 1.09. If you want to try the stock 1.09 either download from cube or I can get it uploaded tomorrow.

Thanks for trying this I've had my cube apart trying to fix the usb so I can flash it, not doing well at present
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

OK

I've attempted a repair on my CUBE but no luck. If we are to progress this thing I'll need a tester.

I have a few ideas to progress this, starting with flashing the stock 1.09 from cube, and progressing from there.

Anyone up for a challenge?
        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
          OK

I've attempted a repair on my CUBE but no luck. If we are to progress this thing I'll need a tester.

I have a few ideas to progress this, starting with flashing the stock 1.09 from cube, and progressing from there.

Anyone up for a challenge?
          Why not? :-) Got a quite new CUBE U30GT-H and am familiar with ROM flashing, CWM and stuff. Would like to get CWM with a 1.09 (stock) kernel working. So count me in.

Comment

Re: NEW - U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.1 BETA

Are you already on 1.09? If su can you describe the boot process, what images, animations do you see?
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Are you already on 1.09.
              Yes, I am. I'm using the rooted custom rom from Arctablet: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...21123/#/p15067 at this moment.

Comment

Are you already on 1.09? If su can you describe the boot process, what images, animations do you see?
                I'm not at home right now, from the Netherlands and at work at the moment. Will be at home in about 7 hours and will let you know what I see when booting the Cube then. Do know that the boot animation is the Cube one with red/blue/green Chinese text which repeatedly "lights up" from left to right. Followed by the home screen. Not sure about the boot animation, a green one as far as I remember.

If you want me to use the original 1.09 from Cube for ths process, that can be done. I can flash it quite easily as I hadn't really started with customizing/using the tablet.

Comment

Re: NEW - U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.1 BETA

That's great I'm in the UK.

Does the arctab Rom use the rkandroid tool with separate images for kernel, boot, recovery and system?

If so can you open the parameters file (its plain text) and post the contents, also the size in mb if the kernel, boot and recovery Images.

Thanks
                  Last edited by 900supersport; 11-28-2012, 18:38.
                  900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

That's great I'm in the UK.

Does the arctab Rom use the rkandroid tool with separate images for kernel, boot, recovery and system?

If so can you open the parameters file (its plain text) and post the contents, also the size in mb if the kernel, boot and recovery Images.

Thanks
                    Boot process: first a boot animation (two green dragons turning away from each other with the letters XX and some Chinese signs). Then followed by a black screen with red, blue, yellow Chinese signs with underneath that "www.51cube.com" then some more Chinese signs and the bottom part says "No Cube no fun". And while booting there is a white light scrolling over the text from left to right repeatedly. And then it gets to the home screen (of the launcher).

The Artctab rom is an update.img file. So no seperate images but just one file.

Comment

Thanks, I could do with knowing the parameters settings. Do you use linux?
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Here's my first attempt at a ROM kit, please download and extract but DO NOT FLASH it will not work. unzip and navigate to the 900SupersportROM folder. Rename boot.img and recovery.img to .imgold.

I'll upload the stock boot and recovery shortly.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks, I could do with knowing the parameters settings. Do you use linux?
                          No, only Windows. Can't help you with that I guess.

Comment

Hi guys,

I can try and help.... but my time is really limited.

J.

Comment

Download this, extract and place in the 900supersportROM folder with the other images

This should give us a rom with stock recovery and boot but my system.img. Please try eraseIDB and then flash kernel, boot, misc, recovery, parameters and system.

I think this will boot as it will use the kernels in recovery and boot, if so it tells me what I need to tackle so we can get CWM and updated boot.

Thanks

PS Jay good to have you on board if you would like to join in.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                              X