iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anhell28 View Post
    my mx2 works with my logitech wireless keyboard and touchpad,so maybe it will work with all logitech products....just a guess.
    Are you using the Logitech keyboard and mouse that rely on the Logitech Unifying Receiver?

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by Byte_Me View Post
      I wish I could get it working, I would love to use my ipad as a remote. I'd even buy an android tablet as a remote if i was sure it would work, but I have the feeling I would run into the same problem.
      It works fine on the Nov and later roms with the free android app.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by anhell28 View Post
        questions....i have my imito mx2 on 11/29/2012 kernel,does this kernel even support 1080p as i can't get it to booit on my 1080p vizio unless i set the mx2 on 720p 60hz?

should i root with 1080p finless 1.5 for mx1/mx2 so i can set resolution to 1080p on my imito?

waiting on response.....
        Yes the December firmware on the finless 1.5 rom definitely supports full 1020p. It comes in two versions, 1020p and 720p. Worth a try I think!

Comment

Originally posted by cfdenice View Post
          Are you using the Logitech keyboard and mouse that rely on the Logitech Unifying Receiver?
          im using a logitech k400 wireless touch keyboard,and it works flawlessly.
          it cost $29.99 but well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by fr0d0 View Post
            Yes the December firmware on the finless 1.5 rom definitely supports full 1020p. It comes in two versions, 1020p and 720p. Worth a try I think!
            thanks for your reply

i will try that and hope for the best.

Comment

Repackage ROM to install from CWM-based Recovery for Rockchip devices?

Firstly, thanks to everyone (in particular Bob) for all the assistance that this forum has provided me in getting the most out of my Imito MX1.

This morning I managed to succesfully install the following Clockworkmod Recovery Image (custom recovery) onto my device.

Credit where credit is due, it was created by "fun" who posted his work up over on the ArmTVTech fourm. From my limited use it seems to be working fine so far. I installed it as an update.zip from the android OS, as you would do a firmware update img. I have managed to make a backup of my present firmware and I can boot into CWM recovery directly from Titanium Backup.

I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to repackage Bob's ROM to try and install it from CWM? Any pointers folks can provide me would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                If you install a CLockwork Mod then reboot recovery will give you CWM. I have a CWM available but I have not tested it on the MX1/2

Bob
                Just to update ...
                used Bob's instructions and CWM image from this guy ( MX1 specific)

Works great
                Just wondering Bob, do I need to every time to flash the misc.img or only the recovery img would be OK ?

Thanks

Comment

Touch screen

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Hello again folks!
                  I am back with a new ROM for the iMito MX1. FInless 1.5

Special Notes

1080P LCD resolution:
                  In the Imito stock 1080P ROM Imito edited build.prop and changes LCD Density to 240.
                  This is so the icons and fonts are not so small on 1080.
                  I have edited this BACK to 160. Why?
                  1) Many apps may not work at 240 density!
                  2) If you flash the 720 kernel things will be all messed up at 240 density! It must be 160 for 720P.
                  If you want the larger icons and text AND your using the 1080 kernel you can easily edit this back to 240.
                  Since you are rooted you can edit /system/build.prop and change this.
                  I have commented all my tweaks in build.prop file so you can easily find these.
                  I commented out the 240 line and added a 160 line
                  ro.sf.lcd_density=160
                  #ro.sf.lcd_density=240
                  To change it, go get ES File Explorer from Google Play.
                  Make sure to enable root explorer in ES File manager settings first!
                  Go into the system folder and open the build.prop file using ES file editor.
                  Remove the # in front of the 240 line and add a # in fron of the 160 line.
                  save the file
                  reboot.
                  You will now have 240 LCD density.

USB OTG port boot up:
                  Anytime the MX1 is booted AND the OTG port is plugged into a PC, it will boot with USB storage turned on!
                  What this means is on boot up you will not be able to see the internal SDcard or the External SDcard from within Android.
                  On your PC you see the removable drives because on boot they are mounted to the PC not Android.
                  Now you can this OFF once booted. Go into settings and USB. You will see PC connection is grayed out.
                  1) Click it and it will then put the check box in "conneted". Odd it is OFF by defualt even though it is really connected to the PC.
                  2) Now turn it off and it will unmount the SDcards from your PC and you can now see them in Android.
                  HOWEVER... Realize next reboot, it will be on again.
                  In my opinion this should not work this way but at least you can turn it off once booted.
                  The other work around is to always hook up the USB cable to the back micro USB port not the OTG port.
                  The back port ONLY powers the unit. There is no data connection on this port for PC.
                  This solves that issue. But remember the back port will NEVER connect to a PC or allow ROM flashes.
                  Only the OTG port allows that.

This ROM has several options for you to choose from so please read carefully how to change these flash options.

1) I have provided the 1080P 12/12 kernel called kernel1080 This is set in the flash tool as default.
                  2) I have provided the 11/29 720P kernel called kernel720. If you want 720 insterad of 1080 you will need to choose this.
                  3) Depending on which kernel you choose I also am providing boot720 and boot1080. They are basically the same
                  except the boot screen is made for 720 or 1080. If you shoose the wrong boot with kernel, it will still work
                  but the initial boot screen will be messed up. boot1080 is set as default in the flash tool.
                  4) I have provided 4 parameter files. These will increase APP sapce and decrease internal sdcard space.
                  1GB APP space (this is Stock Imito).
                  2GB APP space. This is set as the default in the flash tool. YOu must change it in the flash tool to use the others.
                  4GB APP space.
                  6GB APP space! This is the max! This leave only 400MB of space for the internal SDcard.

Features in 1.5 ROM:

1) True 1080P using the Imito 12/12 kernel. You also have a choise to use 720 if you like.
                  2) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SUperUser.apk
                  3) FULL Goole Play store! This enables full market! For instance, onlive APP should now show in Google Play!
                  4) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store and GMS Core.
                  5) Cleaned up the file system so it is not fragmented! Basicly I used linux tune2fs when making the images.
                  6) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!

7) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
                  Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
                  If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.

8) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module to support Xbox controllers XML file tweaks to support other game controllers
                  9) I added Tun.ko module
                  10) CIFs and MD4 is already in this kernel.
                  11) I added SPanish keyboard KCM and KL file by request.

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Go Here to download the ROM from the FreakTab ROM download area.

LINK -> iMito MX1/2 Finless 1.5 ROM Download area

Enjoy,
                  Bob

First, Thanks for your great work.

I got an issue here, I want to use the imitio with 7 inch touch screen LCD, it seems that there is already an integrated driver in the system since i can use touch screen, the bug is that axis are inverted... x scroll in y and vice-versa. Also is there a way to add or modify hdmi resolution since my lcd has native 800x480?

Thanks.

Comment

XBMC

Originally posted by MrJiM View Post
                    Love you for the rom and the time you spend to make it. But hate you for making 1.5 2 days after I flashed 1.4.

Seriously.. Big thanks for your work.
                    does also support full-featured XBMC ?

Comment

just got the new build of xbmc for my imito mx2 but i could not get the scripts to download video info,covers etc to work....it always fails.anybody have a solution to fix this particular problem?

Comment

Hey Bob,

Great rom, just trying it out. Everything seems smooth and working good. I nailed down 6gigs for the app storage and hooked up a 750 gig USB HD formatted in NTFS. I am using an app called NtfsSd from the market to force the drive as the SDCARD. This is working great so far, but I have one issue, so far, and a few questions that you may have an answer to.

One it Webkey app has a built in terminal. On the official rom it works but on your it complains about libncurses.so no being in /system/xbin/bash not sure what all that is about but can you look into it as bash is a file and when opened it is full of code.

The other is on Linux you can assign a USB device to a certain device name. Ie I would like the USB HD to always use sdx. In Linux you can use udev but that doesn't exist in Android. Do you have any thoughts on this? Anything would be great as after a reboot the USB harddrives I have attached(one 1Tb drive and 1 750G) swap around the device ID's and it is really screwing with apps that are moved to the SDCARD and extra data the apps download. Again any help would be great!

Thanks for the killer rom it is stupid fast and rock solid!!!

Comment

I just looked at the stock ROM my 1.5 was built from and there is no libncurses.so in that ROM either. I also do not find it in /bin or /etc/lib. So I do not know what to tell you there?

As for the other part sorry I have no clue. I have not messed with anything like this.

Maybe try to install the latest busybox kit from Google Play? Just an idea.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

That is really odd. I am going to email the dev of the app and see what he says. It's not a show stopper, but using the webkey terminal is a lot easier than trying to go through the screenshot interface.

Yea that is a big show stopper on that one. Every reboot requires me to go through 5 min of reorganizing and sometime re-installing apps. Once I get that nailed down I'll put it in my write up so that everyone can utilize mass storage for the SDCARD. I think that is really the way to go with these TV devices since I plan on using it as a gaming machine and media.

Comment

Hi Finless, I want to hear your opinion of my situation.

The story is....

I wanted to put Finless 1.5 in my MK802IIIs . So I did all steps (Connecting in RECOVERY mode, Installing the Drivers (rockusb) and Succesfully match "FOUND RKAndroid Rock USB")

At that point I hit the button "ERASE NAND (IDB)", and finished the proccess succesfully.

Then... I pressed the button "FLASH ROM" and at some point it gave me an ERROR: DOWNLOADING IDB FAILED"

So I disconected my MK802IIIs to start the process again and here it comes my problem.

It seems that my MK802IIIs is totally bricked. I mean....

- If I connect to TV it gives me black screen.
                              - If I connect to PC (Cable on OTG port), the PC does nothing.
                              - If I connect to PC previously pressing the internal RESET button, also, the PC does not nothing.

So, the main problem is that I can't to bring back the Mini PC into RECOVERY state (wich can be done by pressing the RESET button). If I could to enter in RECOVERY state, I could try to Re-Flash again with RKAndroidTool, or at least, try to restore the stock ROM with RKBatchTool.exe (The original one by Rikomagic). But I can't because my unit does not want to enter in RECOVERY state (Or LOADER state, whatever you call....)

I think that the NAND is fully erased (even the bootloader). I don't see any light on this. So I would like to hear your opinion about that.

Many thanks

Comment

1080p or 720p?

I discovered under settings -> about it says 1080p on "build", Im quite sure I flashed 720 boot and kernel, did I do something wrong??

thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X