Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really eager to try this out, but download link doesn't seem to work

Comment

Link is slow (.de) and sometimes takes a while to pop up with the save.

Its now mirrored on geekbuying.com

This ROM is also made by BOB, our US Partner, We and BOB put a lot of time in making the iMito MX1 and MX2 better. hope you enjoy this rom: Features in 1.5 ROM: 1) True 1080P using the Imito 12/12 kernel. You also have a choise to use 720 if you like. 2) […]

Comment

There is also a mirror from France here : http://imitomx2.wordpress.com/les-firmwares/

Comment

Link is fixed and moved to a faster server.

Please do not mirrior the firmware.

Thanks,
          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by plani View Post
            Which USB Webcam run with that Image + Skype.
            Logitech C170 and C270 work perfectly

Comment

update ROM from SD card?

Hi Bob,
              I have tried everything to get my MX1 recognsed by a PC so I can flash it. . . . no success. However it has come with a Nov 2012 standard ROM which I believe allows a ROM update from the SD card? Using the hardware button next to the HDMI port I can get it into flash mode but it is still not recognised by the PC. Is there an image available that I can put on the SD card to flash it this way? Thanks in advance.

**UPDATE**

Sorry just came across your post regarding why you have to use a PC to flash your ROM. Guess I'm stuck unless things have changed?
              Last edited by kiwilinux; 02-11-2013, 06:42. Reason: Found new info

Comment

Originally posted by kiwilinux View Post
                Thanks. Yes I have tried it with external power and without. Both plugged into a monitor and not plugged in. I've seen a few comments about the build quality for the OTG port. The weird thing is that it works to supply power and to run the receiver for the wireless keyboard so does appear to be working for everything else. Hopefully it's not a dud but not looking good.
                I had the same problem. Use the usb to pc connection ONLY. I got mine to get recognized like that. But im not sure which connection (usb or OTG). But i think only one will power the device. Make sure debugging is on and connect to pc in the settings. Give that a try.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Are you aware that VPN isn't working on this rom. More specially open VPN apps run connect but no matter what i do I can get iPlayer working. World perfectly my phone. I use hide my ass as a provider.

Apart from that its great. Thanks

Sent from my ZP900 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I am not aware as I never used that feature. But I know this is all controlled by wifi_supplicant.
                    I will look into it for my next release.

But this should also be broken in the stock ROM as well (the stock ROM I based this off of).

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by beebul View Post
                      I'm having exactly the same problem as you... tried it on 4 different PCs... 2x Win 7 (64bit) 2x Windows XP (SP3) and it just doesn't seem to mount...

Power to the OTG works fine.

Will be sooo annoyed if I can't get the ROM upgraded, but I can't believe how much time I have wasted getting the f**king drivers to install

Any ideas - I've tried everything Google throws up including installing the rubbish MoboRobo software; using the paperclip trick - EVERYTHING!

I hate to be beaten by a tiny piece of tech like this

Rant over /

Please make sure USB debugging is "OFF".

Comment

Can't mount my portable 2.5" hard disk in Imito MX1 running Finless ROM 1.5

My Imito MX1 is running Finless ROM 1.5. Whenever I plug in my portable hard disk to USB port, it always prompt "Safe to remove storage", hence there is no way to have my hard disk mounted in Explorer. Not sure if anyone come across with this issue and share the solution here.

NOTE: I have tried OTG port and powered external USB hub, it is the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwilinux View Post
                          Logitech C170 and C270 work perfectly
                          On mine video works only on the first call, then... black.

Comment

Re: Can't install drivers: at wits end!

Originally posted by beebul View Post
                            I'm having exactly the same problem as you... tried it on 4 different PCs... 2x Win 7 (64bit) 2x Windows XP (SP3) and it just doesn't seem to mount...

Power to the OTG works fine.

Will be sooo annoyed if I can't get the ROM upgraded, but I can't believe how much time I have wasted getting the f**king drivers to install

Any ideas - I've tried everything Google throws up including installing the rubbish MoboRobo software; using the paperclip trick - EVERYTHING!

I hate to be beaten by a tiny piece of tech like this

Rant over /
                            I also tried over and over again and it just wouldnt work. Do you have an Mx1 or mx2?
                            I have an mx2 that just wouldnt consistently go into flash mode and when I finally managed to get it to, the driver installation somehow got corrupted.
                            Some tips I can give are:
                            1: try a different usb port
                            2: try a different usb cable, one I had would not transfer data or full electrical current..?
                            3: try uninstalling all drivers from the device manager.
                            4: try using the switch button in rkbatch tool and restart your imito, then if it still wont show up try again after a computer reboot.
                            5: try using the button beside your hmdi connector while plugging into computer providing its there.
                            6: try both sets of drivers or different source for drivers. I believe the tutorial that mentions moborobo has drivers included with there download package.

I'm not sure what step worked for me but thats what I did. And after a solid 3 hours of fiddling with it and hauling my 50 inch up to my computer room, it finally worked :/

I could get the rom flash tool to pick up it was in flash mode but it would never let me install the drivers, I had to end up uninstalling them about 3 times because it wouldnt show "Rock loader device found."
                            I'm convinced there is some kind of bug with new imito devices, it was like there was two flash modes and one was WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by Spheeler View Post
                              I also tried over and over again and it just wouldnt work. Do you have an Mx1 or mx2?
                              I have an mx2 that just wouldnt consistently go into flash mode and when I finally managed to get it to, the driver installation somehow got corrupted.
                              Some tips I can give are:
                              1: try a different usb port
                              2: try a different usb cable, one I had would not transfer data or full electrical current..?
                              3: try uninstalling all drivers from the device manager.
                              4: try using the switch button in rkbatch tool and restart your imito, then if it still wont show up try again after a computer reboot.
                              5: try using the button beside your hmdi connector while plugging into computer providing its there.
                              6: try both sets of drivers or different source for drivers. I believe the tutorial that mentions moborobo has drivers included with there download package.

I'm not sure what step worked for me but thats what I did. And after a solid 3 hours of fiddling with it and hauling my 50 inch up to my computer room, it finally worked :/

I could get the rom flash tool to pick up it was in flash mode but it would never let me install the drivers, I had to end up uninstalling them about 3 times because it wouldnt show "Rock loader device found."
                              I'm convinced there is some kind of bug with new imito devices, it was like there was two flash modes and one was WRONG!
                              I have the MX2..

OK cheers for all the advice.. to be honest I have left it for a while as when I spent hours trying to get it into flash mode I was so frustrated I gave up..

I'm in the middle of emigrating to the other side of the world at the moment as well so I've been busy with other stuff, but it's on my list of things to do

At least the community here is very friendly/helpful and Bob rocks for making such a great effort

Comment

Just to say that OpenVPN not working is very strange. It seems like some things are working and some are not.
                                For example go into chrome and it reports a UK ip address (I live in Spain)but googles online (webbased) store reports I am not in the Uk and so i cant access iplayer. Go into Play store and i cant access any uk specific apps such as iPlayer bbc media player etc and i have Spanish content. However once installed from Blackmart these apps work and play content.

All very odd. Using exactly the same config and setup I have none of these issue on my chinese android phone (Zopo ZP900).

I can work arround these issues but its dissapointing cos have the reason to get a MX2 was to use it instead of the RaspberryPi for iplayer however even though it now works there are issues.

On a side note after having many issues with my MX2 getting wifi from the router on the floor above (13Mbps max) I cut of an an ariel from an old router and soldered it on to replace the exhisting one and now get between 54 and 135 Mbps (usually over 100) which streams HD from upstairs where my NAS and router are perfectly. I will up load pictures asap. But a very cheap mod which has transformed the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X