No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashed with 1080p but have only option of 720p - how do I solve this ?

Hi all,
    I flashed the ROM (default 1080p) on MX2 and I can confirm that Bluetooth work fine – got mouse and keyboard connected, the ROM is stable, However:

In Android -> Settings -> Screen -> HDMI Mode I have only 1280x720p-60 !!!

I want 1920x1080p-60 resolution !
    ( i got it from **** – ” iMito MX2 Bluetooth Dual Core RK3066 CortexA9 1.6G Android4.1 Mini PC TV Box 8GB ” – and there attached a screen-shot where is is clearly shown that the device has a 1920x1080p-60 resolution )

Please help
    Is there a way to hardcore the 1920x1080p-60 resolution in hardware settings ?
    BR
    Eli M.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

My Logitech C310 webcam doesnt work using Finless 1.5 when it work fine with the stock rom. Is there a driver that I can manually install to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Reaver View Post
        On mine video works only on the first call, then... black.
        Have you tried an older Skype-Version? That's what worked for me.

Comment

Device can not do Flash Mode,because of no drive.

I'm attempting to flash my new MX1 with this ROM. When I get to step 5:

5) Once it says "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" in the flash tool click the "Reboot to Flash Mode" button.

Iclick "Reboot to Flash Mode" like the directions say, but Iget a popup message that says: "Device can not do FlashMode,because of no drive."

I've triple-checked that I hadfollowed the instructions to the letter. There's no SD card. In thedeveloper options settings, USB debugging is off/unchecked. In thethree little dots in storage settings, “Mass storage” is checked.In my device's USB settings, I have checked "Connect to PC." And the flash tool definitely says "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb."

I've rebooted the device, connected it to every USB port on my computer,and rebooted the computer, each time double checking the settings in the previous paragraph. All have given the same results.

I'm new to this whole custom ROM thing, so I'm sure that there's something obvious that I'm missing but I have no idea what it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm running Windows 8, if that makes a difference.
          Last edited by jimirings; 02-17-2013, 21:55. Reason: Noticed a couple of typos

Comment

Originally posted by boardrunner View Post
            Have you tried an older Skype-Version? That's what worked for me.
            Where do you get the older skype versions?

Comment

2 Questions

Hello everyone....I'm loving my new imito MX2 and this ROM. It did take me a little bit of tinkering to get it flashed but in the end following Bob's instructions worked. Just tricky to get the device recognized in Win7. For me the key was to not use the DC power port for power and just use the micro usb connected to the PC.

Anyway here are my 2 questions....
              Is there plans for Android 4.2 to be incorporated into this or any other ROM?
              Has anyone successfully used GrooVe IP and Google Voice with this ROM? When I open GrooVe IP it immediately closes on me.
              Thanks in advance for any responses. JJ

Comment

Originally posted by lion2 View Post
                Where do you get the older skype versions?
                http://www.androiddrawer.com/6038/do.../#.UPwZmyfhKSo

Comment

Restoring the status bar after using the hide function

Bob, I really like this ROM on my MX1 thank you!

A question (for anyone) about the "hide bar" icon at the bottom, that hides the status bar. How do you turn the bar back on? The only way I was able to do this was power down the unit.

Also, is there any "WinAMP" equivalent out there, that will play winamp play lists? I've noticed that it doesn't work with this ROM. It also doesn't work on the Zealz GK802 either. What I was hoping to do was play streaming content from web sites that invoke WinAMP .pls files, the way you can with a windows PC. So far I have not been able to locate any Winamp or "media player" equivalent for android that can do this.

Sorry for such a newbie questions.

Comment

Originally posted by guydroid208 View Post
                    Bob, I really like this ROM on my MX1 thank you!

A question (for anyone) about the "hide bar" icon at the bottom, that hides the status bar. How do you turn the bar back on? The only way I was able to do this was power down the unit.

Sorry for such a newbie questions.
                    Do an upward screen swipe (starting at the very bottom of the screen) will unhide those icons.

Comment

i have just recieved my imito mx2

what are the advantages of this rom? is it better then the stock rom?

is it smoother, faster, better
                      and what are the main apps you guys have installed since using this rom?

im a newbie to android and i dont want to mess the device up... is it easy to install?
                      i do alot of streaming via xbmc that will be main usage.

thanks guys

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

At the moment xbmc isn't running that well on these sticks. Though in sure that will improve with time.

Sent from my ZP900 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

New FW

Has anyone seen or tried this new firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by cfdenice View Post
                            Has anyone seen or tried this new firmware?
                            http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...date-20130204/
                            fast, rooted, 2Gb /data but have locked 720p kernel (as in the new stock image too).

Comment

Overscan mode

Hello! I have not found an answer. I use Finless ROM 1.5 with 720P kernel. After installed this ROM, I see little black frame around the picture. Turning on overscan mode option on TV is a solution, it disappears, but is there a way to do it using Android settings? Overscan mode slightly degrades picture quality. There was no such problem with stock firmware.

By the way, I found a fix for Adobe Flash Player stability on some sites. Just clear and disable local sites cache in Flash Player settings.

Comment

Works good on MK802IIIs

Hi !

I have an MK802IIIs and nothig will work. Many reboots, youtube craches and so on.
                                I try the W2Comp umpdate (the first Update) and this will make it a litle better, but freeze an reboot ar normal here.
                                The i try NEOTV Custom Rom, same here, freezes, reboots...
                                THEN i try THIS FW and now it will run without problems !
                                I can watch youtube vids, play vids over network and the wlan will work now !!

Dont understand why only this FW works, but its realy cool !
                                Many thanks for this FW !!!

German:
                                Vorher ist der Stick abgestürzt, wenn ich unten auf die email Benachrichtgungen geklickt habe, das jedes mal. Hier wurde direkt ein Neustart gemacht. Auch YouTube Videos liefen sehr schlecht. Ich konnte wenn es gut lief ein Video ansehen, dann blieb alles stehen. Manschmal erfolgte ein reboot, manchmal musste ich den Stick ausschalten.
                                Mit dieser FW läuft alles super. Wlan ist schneller als ein 5€ LAN Adapter und abgestürzt ist er noch nie !
                                SUPER !!!

Nezteil habe ich in 5V 2A, daran kann es nicht liegen....schon merkwürdig das ganze.

Comment

Working...
                                X