No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add: my Antutu results with Finless 1.5 were with an MK809ii, not a real Imito!

Comment

HELP!

Great, I used the reboot icon in Finless 1.5 Rom to reboot, nothing happened. After waiting and waiting, I unplugged the device, now it WON'T start. I reflashed, still recognized in windows, but nothing shows up! Any idea? What is this reboot icon, is it a trap to brick devices? I can't believe this! Please help!

Comment

I finally managed to reboot the mx1 using the reset button after reflashing rom, but still, this "reboot" shortcut behaviour is suspicious... better stay away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by sympa View Post
          I also found everything a bit slower than stock. Running 1080p only so far and happy with it.

With the CPU clock set to 1008 MHz I seem to get the best Antutu score. And I use I/O scheduler NOOP and the governor on Interactive,

Maybe Antutu just gives randomish scores, but 1080 seems to give the best scores. 1600 MHz is slower with the 3D demos.

Could use some further investigation, this.
          Are you sure that you can reach 1600MHz? Kernel is locked to 1200...

Comment

From what I've read on different posts/forums, it's useless to try to reach 1.6Ghz at all costs, because often, it runs slower at 1.6Ghz than at 1.2Ghz, probably because it starts to throttle a bit to reduce heat or some other bottleneck kicks in.

Comment

XBMC is developing nicely and it seems Rockchips developers have been in touch with XBMC team to help hardware acceleration along. This could be an excellent XBMC device soon

Might be a dumb question but how can I use the init.d support to autostart XBMC as an app (preferably without the bottom bar present) ??

Comment

No UI anymore!

Hi,
                I installed the 1.5 ROM. Works good for a few days. Than I wanted to try to install the 1.7, so I first turn off the debug mode, set the usb mode to mass storage and then, by mistake, I unpluged it, shuting it off... I don't know why, but it does not entirely boot anymore. The MX2 is booting, I can see the internal SD card from my PC when the USB in connected but the screen stays black after the splash screens are gone... Only the mouse pointer is visible. Sometimes after the boot, I can see the backgroud and the buttons and icons (no status bar thought), but not at every boot. And even when I can see those, they do not respond and disappear after some time. Sometime when using keys on the keyboard, the UI come back but a popup says that the "UI system has stoped"... And then the UI goes away again. I can still install apps using the app market thouth...

So there is nothing I can do at the UI level. I never had the chance to start flashing the 1.7 since I did not had the time to put it into flash mode.

Unfortunately, ROM flash tool don'T see the MX2 at this point. Is there anything I can do to get it back on?

Please help!
                Last edited by jy_p; 03-02-2013, 03:03. Reason: Add info

Comment

Geekbuying has a stock ROM as an img file. This allows you to flash the ROM w/o a PC. You put the img file on a microSD card, insert it into the MX2 card slot, attach power.

HI Guys: After long time communication with the factory, we finally make them to release a new update for the iMito MX1/MX2. The following rom can work both on MX1 and MX2, we have tested. here is the changelog: 1 add the soft power off function, so you can power off the device without unplug […]

This would get you back to baseline from which you can install Bob's ROM.

Should work.

Bill

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                  Hi,
                  I installed the 1.5 ROM. Works good for a few days. Than I wanted to try to install the 1.7, so I first turn off the debug mode, set the usb mode to mass storage and then, by mistake, I unpluged it, shuting it off... I don't know why, but it does not entirely boot anymore. The MX2 is booting, I can see the internal SD card from my PC when the USB in connected but the screen stays black after the splash screens are gone... Only the mouse pointer is visible. Sometimes after the boot, I can see the backgroud and the buttons and icons (no status bar thought), but not at every boot. And even when I can see those, they do not respond and disappear after some time. Sometime when using keys on the keyboard, the UI come back but a popup says that the "UI system has stoped"... And then the UI goes away again. I can still install apps using the app market thouth...

So there is nothing I can do at the UI level. I never had the chance to start flashing the 1.7 since I did not had the time to put it into flash mode.

Unfortunately, ROM flash tool don'T see the MX2 at this point. Is there anything I can do to get it back on?

Please help!

Comment

Have you tried flashing using bob's tools? Put it in flash mode and flash ROM 1.5. It works, well, it did for me...

Comment

Problem fixed!

I couldn't flash it since I was not able to reboot the device in flash mode. The idea of flashing using the SD card could have been a good idea thanks for it.

But I finally save my MX2 by using the reset button! I didn't knew about this, but if you plug it in the laptop while holding the reset button, it boots in flash mode! I was then able to reflash it! I can now enjoy it again!

Thanks for your answers!

Comment

I've seen mention of the reset button but I don't know exactly where it is. That is a simpler method.
                        Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                        I couldn't flash it since I was not able to reboot the device in flash mode. The idea of flashing using the SD card could have been a good idea thanks for it.

But I finally save my MX2 by using the reset button! I didn't knew about this, but if you plug it in the laptop while holding the reset button, it boots in flash mode! I was then able to reflash it! I can now enjoy it again!

Thanks for your answers!

Comment

Oooops, my bad! I used this method and forgot to mention it to you... Yes, the reset button (little hole next to the HDMI connector) pressed while powering the device allows to flash it and/or restart it when stuck. It happened to me when I used the reboot tool included in the 1.5 Finless ROM... :-/
                          It was the same on my Arnova 8 which also uses a rockchip CPU, press reset while powering and voila! Glad you could revive your device.
                          When you think of it, it's quite logical, there's GOT to be a way of flashing a device no matter its state, otherwise, how do you do it when it comes out the production line and has no firmware in it? But surely with developer tools, you can do a lot more...

Comment

Issues with Media Players

Hi all, I successfully installed Finleys 1.5 in my UG007, everything works fine except the issues because I decided to flash this ROM

I explain better...I bought the UG007 for film playback purpose only, I attached It in my bedroom's TV and connected with wi-fi using SAMBA to my Western Digital NAS. With my SGS3 and my Asus Trannsformer Prima the playback in wi-fi works fine in this way using BS Player PRO and DICE Player.

When I bought UG007, with stock firmware, I had these issues:

- DICE Player: never started, opening It I receive immediately a message "Impossible to reproduce the file"...but which file?!? I started DICE player 20 milliseconds ago!!!

- With BS Player, after setting network buffer, HW decoding mode and other tweaks I have behaviours as...Start the film but I can hear only the audio, black screen...or I hear the audio and the image is like old vectorial Commodore 64 games ...or It not start.

After installing imito Finleys 1.5 rom the behaviors are the same, but the system is much better than stock firmware.

What do you think about this???

Comment

Try using MX Player instead? In my opinion, it's the best video player for android... Or it's a connection problem with the NAS.

Comment

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

DICE Player doesn't work On the stick. MX Player with the HW decoding option set works fine on most video files.

Comment

Working...
                                X