No announcement yet.

MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Finless and I did review your YouTube post about the antenna after.

I would be willing to give this a try but I have one problem. Unlike you, I only have one side soldered. The opposite ANT side has two posts, one ground the other ANT, that when the plastic plate is put back, presses against that second ANT pad for contact. Not sure if this make my model new or old but I got it just before Xmas.

Would you still be able to recommend disconnecting the ground on the one side?

Pics:

Thanks again Finless.

Comment

I flashed 1.6 finless with Kizs 1080p kernel, my usb 10/100 ethernet dongle did not worked. Then I tried flashing 1.6 finless as is (720p and finless kernel), this time it worked.

However, I get speeds like 2Mbit - 3Mbit in total.
      I use this device:

China-1 Stock | Buy USB1.1 (Full Speed USB 2.0) to RJ45 LAN Ethernet Network Adapter for PC Mac Android TV Box online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Any advices? Buying a new usb ethernet adapter is out of question at the moment, I don't want to wait another 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumPCI View Post
        Thanks Finless and I did review your YouTube post about the antenna after.

I would be willing to give this a try but I have one problem. Unlike you, I only have one side soldered. The opposite ANT side has two posts, one ground the other ANT, that when the plastic plate is put back, presses against that second ANT pad for contact. Not sure if this make my model new or old but I got it just before Xmas.

Would you still be able to recommend disconnecting the ground on the one side?

Pics:

Thanks again Finless.
        u dont need to do anything with the pad contacts
        just make sure the wire of second antenna is not connected to gnd
        i own same modell and got fantastic wifi after my modification

Comment

I got this message when browsing in the web. (connection problem a network error occured)

Comment

Originally posted by Greedydog View Post
            Hi,

Hope someone can help! Flashed the latest 1.6 ROM as per the instructions, all seemed to go well, erased fine, flash and check all OK but when I rebooted the stick it showed a Google TV logo, then said it was reformatting cache etc then the screen changed to a androd lying down with a red warning triangle above it. I've gone through the whole process 3 times now but no change.... any ideas?

Thanks,

GD
            I was just about to flash my new Ipegtop MK808 when I read your post...I hope you have managed to recover it.... could you let me know what ROM is running/working on yours now as, after your experience and Bob's CLONES comment, I am trying to confirm it will work.

Android 4.1.1

Kernel: 3.0.8+
            Ifwang_V_300j1#17

Build No: mk808_300j1_13-11-2012

Has anyone else had a problem flashing the Ipegtop MK808 version?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniglar View Post
              I was just about to flash my new Ipegtop MK808 when I read your post...I hope you have managed to recover it.... could you let me know what ROM is running/working on yours now as, after your experience and Bob's CLONES comment, I am trying to confirm it will work.

Android 4.1.1

Ifwang_V_300j1#17

That is not a build I recognize for the MK808. Latest I have or Armtvtech has is 10/27.
              I will see if I can find this build and see what it is. It maybe a release I am unaware of.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Sniglar View Post

Android 4.1.1

Ifwang_V_300j1#17

No where can I find any info on this build number for the MK808.

It would sure be good if someone can give a ROM dump! This might explain why some are seeing wifi with less performance on my 1.6 ROM. They may have fixed some thing in this 11/13 release. Or it maybe a clone MK808 and is a very different ROM. OR this new ROM maps to some new hardware changes they made.
                So I think it is important for everyone to maybe have this new ROM "if" it is for real mk808.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  No where can I find any info on this build number for the MK808.

It would sure be good if someone can give a ROM dump! This might explain why some are seeing wifi with less performance on my 1.6 ROM. They may have fixed some thing in this 11/13 release. Or it maybe a clone MK808 and is a very different ROM. OR this new ROM maps to some new hardware changes they made.
                  So I think it is important for everyone to maybe have this new ROM "if" it is for real mk808.

Bob
                  someone posted a link of the new official ROM on this board a few days ago. Its either on this thread or on the 1.5a thread. (I think)

Comment

Found it but I did not think it was new!

FLashing now to see what it is.

Bob

Comment

OK so it appears we have several ROMs out there now that are unknown. They are coming on devices.

I flashed the ROM that was posted a few days agao here:

Originally posted by Paus View Post
                      Hi, Finless
                      New original Firmware MK808: http://depositfiles.com/files/v9zinoe4y

Kernel Version: 3.0.8+ Ifwang_V300j1 #16
                      SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 10 09:46:48 CST 2012

Build Number
                      mk808_300j1_10-11-2012

Add new features of this in their firmware 1.6 ... 1.7
                      I flasdhed it and can confirm the above. This is what it says:
                      Android 4.1.1
                      Ifwang_V_300j1#16
                      Build No: mk808_300j1_10-11-2012

So this ROM is older than the 13-11-2012 that Sniglar posted info on.

Bob

Comment

3) Shut down soft button! USE THIS instead of unplugging and causing a BRICK of your ROM!
                        What will happen if I loose power in house, will this brick device?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          OK so it appears we have several ROMs out there now that are unknown. They are coming on devices.

I flashed the ROM that was posted a few days agao here:

I flasdhed it and can confirm the above. This is what it says:
                          Android 4.1.1
                          Ifwang_V_300j1#16
                          Build No: mk808_300j1_10-11-2012

So this ROM is older than the 13-11-2012 that Sniglar posted info on.

Bob
                          ROM dump!

Never done it, wouldn't know where to start...but happy to try if there's a beginners guide/walk through for windows xp.

Comment

Just picked up my first Android TV Player to see what it was all about (MK808). Went ahead and flashed finless 1.6. Had to use the paper clip method to get it into flash mode but everything else went smoothly. Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you put into these roms.

I have one question for those of you more experienced with the MK808. Is there any way to output AC3 or DTS bitstream so I can get true 5.1 sound out of my receiver? Right now 720p MKVs decode just fine but all audio gets down sampled to 2 channel audio. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a nice home theater setup. I have mine hooked up to a pioneer VSX-1021-k receiver. I've tried a variety of players, xbmc, and plex. Nothing seems to work. When I set xbmc to output ac3/dts over hdmi all I get is static. So I'm just wondering if it's my pioneer being picky (and I know it's a bit finicky with some sources) or the mk808 just doesn't support what I'm trying to do.

In comparison my 3rd gen wd tv live works just fine and passes through all types of audio through hdmi just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bennji View Post
                              anyone know how to do a long press on the remote, for example if you are moving apps around the home screen?
                              BUMP

We can't be the only ones who've noticed this. Mouse mode can't drag and touch mode can't tell what you're touching. SO close to useful but...

Comment

Bluetooth

Finless maybee this will help

Everything is explained into minimal detail level.

Howto configure the Linux kernel / drivers / bluetooth depends on BT Option: BT_HCIUSB Kernel Versions: 2.6.15.6 ... (on/off/module) HCI USB driver depends on USB Bluetooth HCI USB driver. This driver is required if you want to use Bluetooth devices with USB interface. Say Y here to compile support for Bluetooth USB devices into the kernel or say M to compile it as module (hci_usb). Option: BT_HCIUSB_SCO Kernel Versions: 2.6.15.6 ... (on/off) SCO (voice) support depends on BT_HCIUSB This option

That should cover it

Comment

Working...
                                X