No announcement yet.

MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or is the download link not working?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousp View Post
      Is it me or is the download link not working?
      It's not working for me either. I've tried multiple times today, with multiple browsers. Anyone know how to get the file?

Comment

After installing Chainfire the stick does not booting up!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayflowk View Post
          It's not working for me either. I've tried multiple times today, with multiple browsers. Anyone know how to get the file?

When you sign in make sure you check the "remember me" box.

Comment

Downlaod link is not working

Comment

Not Working

Download link isn't working, would you make a mirror?

I tried in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

Comment

Originally posted by welshman010 View Post
                I trying to install rkremote and xmbc but when i click on app i got 2 options cancel or install. it wont let me click install but will let me click cancel. I have checked sources etc in settings. I tried using es explorer. I also gett launcher stopped working a lot. Any ideas

Apps from Play install fine
                Not sure if this is your problem, but I couldn't install rkremote since it requires Android 2.3+

Comment

Originally posted by pockoface View Post
                  Push

Comment

Originally posted by devindudeman View Post
                    Download link isn't working, would you make a mirror?

I tried in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
                    I guess I am going to try the minix hybrid rom this cannot be downloaded...

Comment

Originally posted by buzz86us View Post
                      I guess I am going to try the minix hybrid rom this cannot be downloaded...
                      This ROM for me is much much better.

EDIT: I mean Finless

Comment

Originally posted by SuhiJr View Post
                        This ROM for me is much much better.

EDIT: I mean Finless
                        do you know where you can download it?

Comment

Originally posted by pockoface View Post
                          It is now working!

Comment

Sorry download link broke yesterday for some reason. It should be fixed now.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Did a little write up on the MK808 which references this thread quite a bit :-)
                              MK808 We recently moved so I decided to change things up a bit.  In my old house every hdtv had a pc hooked up to it.  This added a lot ...

Comment

Updates on my MK808

I originally posted here about my MK808 w/ 1.6 ROM, but have some updates.

Partially working using "RipTide" game:
                                - VERY old Microsoft joystick controller
                                - Chinese controller w/ DPad and buttons
                                - http://www.****.com/itm/Wired-12-Key...item27c843bdf3
                                - or search for Wired 12-Key USB PC Computer Video Game Controller

In both "partially working" cases, the left/right part of the controller work fine, but essentially no buttons operate at all. I have tried plugging into various USB ports on the MK808, all seem to behave the same.
                                I mapped the up and down of the keypad, using the in-game UI, to 'accelerate' and 'trick' and they work ok - but - no other buttons on either device function at all. However, the core function of the Chinese controller do work, and my son plays the game(RipTide) sitting in front of the 110 inch screen and loves it !

Not working:
                                - The RK remote control app which Bob had included in the 1.6 zip
                                - I installed it on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running CyanogenMod 10
                                - The app "runs" and I can click various buttons, but it cannot "find" my MK808 as a device
                                - Either of my aforementioned controllers in the game DeadTrigger. The character looks straight down at the ground and can move using the D-Pad, but not look up/around or shoot at anything.
                                - Either of my aforementioned controllers on most other games which my sons normally play on out 7 inch android tablet (tank hero, jetpack joyride, worm kill?)

To Do:
                                - Purchase USB OTG adapters and test them, based on online chats and youtube videos.
                                - Apparently, even though the device has an "OTG" input, there needs in some cases to be an OTG adapter installed in-line ???? I bought this, or search for the below text on ****:
                                "USB 2.0 A Female to 5-pin B Male Mini USB Cable OTG"
                                Here's one article but is S3 focused, I also bought on like she has for my S3 sice is uses Micro, not the larger B type like the MK808. http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...ndroid-device/
                                - Purchase a "PS2 controller" and a USB adapter for it to plug into my new OTG adapter, then into the OTG port of the MK808. I bought one adapter for playstation 2 to usb and it accepts 2 controllers with one usb output, triangular in shape and blue in color.
                                - Need to try to use the "fixed" youtube app which was mentioned here somewhere as well, now using only the "full desktop" version to get fullscreen.

Can anyone SIMPLY explain how OTG relates to the MK808/controllers, and if special cables are in fact required (and why..)? It seems that perhaps some simply plug in any old USB and it "works", but not me.

I'll post updates once the new adapter hardware/controller arrive.

Other than that the MK808 is working great, stable, and I love it - thanks again Bob.

- B

Comment

Working...
                                X