MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused

system.img is for sure in my ROM kit. I dstand this talk about no system.img?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks for the Rom

Hi,
      registered to say thanks,

The rom shows that its still 1.5a in the settings menu tho

Comment

AW: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by Warlord1981 View Post
        Thank you for your help man. How do i mount NFS share? I have windows 7 on my PC.
        Browsing the video files from my PC through ES File Manager and playing with MX Player is not stable either.. but i remind you playing any video file with eMediaHomeCenter is VERY stable always...
        ehome is stable? No reboot if you stop the movie? Which version you have? You can see it in es file explorer.

@finless i bought a tab (tapi md-950) for my mom with rk3066 @1600mhz, 1080p, hdmi ,wifi150 and bt and had Antutu 11500 with stock rom. Could it help to get better performance if i give you a rom dump? If yes give me a short explain how to do it.... problem is, there are very less infos about this tab on net, but performance is great.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7501 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by MystKai View Post
          Hi,
          registered to say thanks,

The rom shows that its still 1.5a in the settings menu tho
          Just edit the /system/build.prop file if you want it to say 1.6 instead of 1.5a

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk 2
          MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

External USB GPS

Hi,

Is anyone able to tell me if this firmware (or in fact the stock fw) will support the use of an external USB GPS please?

Cheers
            fS

Comment

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
              Just edit the /system/build.prop file if you want it to say 1.6 instead of 1.5a

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk 2
              Ahhh CRAP!

I work on code and improvement and sometime forget to edit the easy crap like build.prop to update my version...

Sorry... Stupid mistake...

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Ahhh CRAP!

I work on code and improvement and sometime forget to edit the easy crap like build.prop to update my version...

Sorry... Stupid mistake...

Bob
                Not a big deal, Bob. But a simple Check-list for the new ROM procedure might be a good solution.

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
                  Not a big deal, Bob. But a simple Check-list for the new ROM procedure might be a good solution.
                  I do actually have a check list! In fact most of what I do is all scripted in linux. But the script has to be edited properly every time. So I forget some things to edit in the script...

Sorry... In the end I am just a manager of a development team and really have not done this kind of work in along time. Now it's a hobby... So sorry... until I get my shit together on releases... I may miss some stupid shit...

But your right... I need to get my Dev stuff more automated!

Bob

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Don't beat yourself up. ROM is great

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Comment

Finless 1.6 for MK808 - Works Great

After using 1.5a for a long time, I flashed 1.6 to my MK808 successfully. I restored my App backups with Titanium Backup, too, and everything works great. I've changed Titanium Backup folder to an external SD card. I am also using a USB to WIFI adapter (Realtek Based 8192cu) that i've build and Wifi is great.

What I have achieved so far:

1) XBMC Android latest build with internal player, and/or MXPlayer working good
                      2) ePSXE emulator working fine, as well as SNESDroid
                      3) Two wireless 2.4G generic PC gamepads working great with Joystick Center, I configured them of course. My kid just loves to play SuperMario World and TEKKEN with his friends seating on the couch.
                      4) RKRemote worked out of the box on my HTC Android phone
                      5) Running SSHDroid to connect (SSH) to the device and do sftp as well

Overall the device is getting more and more usable with XBMC and emulators being number one for home entertainment.

And of course Bob your ROM is awesome. Thanks a lot.

P.S. Though I downloaded the ROM Finless 1.6 from your link, in the properties screen I see Bluetooth support. I remember somewhere in your post you said that bluetooth supported ROM is for MK808B. Also I have a Samsung LCD TV 37", and the 1080p was choose by default, as it was with Finless 1.5a, 1.4, and the original stock firmware. I did not see any change onscreen, and everything seems fine.

Comment

ScummVM

Hi,

Since I'm still waiting on my MK808 to arrive from Geekbuying, I was wondering if anyone got ScummVM and dosbox Turbo to work on Finless 1.6 ?
                        I usually play civilization 1 on my tablet using dosbox turbo, and I'm guessing this should be entirely possible on the mk808 ? Anyone willing to try ?

Comment

Originally posted by nasosal View Post
                          ... 3) Two wireless 2.4G generic PC gamepads working great with Joystick Center, I configured them of course ...
                          Thanks for sharing all this info. Would you please tell us what gamepads you are using? Writing down a small guide how to make it work with Joystick Center would be outstanding too!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ADD View Post
                            Thanks for sharing all this info. Would you please tell us what gamepads you are using? Writing down a small guide how to make it work with Joystick Center would be outstanding too!

Thanks

I am using two PC gamepads (DOOP). Here is the link from the local store I bought them http://www.plaisio.gr/Gaming/Control...epad-PC-WL.htm for €14,90 each.

In fact I had tested with a cabled PC gamepad before that was working great.

After I plugged one of them in the powered USB hub, I saw it was working fine. In fact i tested the D-PAD and the focus was changing in Android. I run SNESDroid and got in settings controller 1, tried to set the UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT key and those were working too.
                            After I plugged the second one, it was working as well, but both gamepads were sending the same command to android, meaning both pads were controlling the same player.

So I installed Joystick Center. Based on http://poke64738.iphpbb3.com/forum/2...ices-t475.html I needed to edit android.hardware.usb.host.xml to set permissions for USB host and add PRODUCTID and VENDORID of my gamepads to usb_device_ids.txt. After a reboot Joystick Center saw both gamedpads, as well as other USB based devices (USB->WiFi).

After that I had to configure both of them (based on a video I found in the forum
                            http://poke64738.iphpbb3.com/forum/) That was kind of tricky since I had to understand how ti configure the new controller in Joystick Center. In order to have multiplayer in the emulators, I had to configure each of the gamedpads to send different keys. For example I configured the first one's DPAD to send UP=A, DOWN=B, LEFT=C, RIGHT =D and then the second one's to send UP=0, DOWN=1, LEFT=2, RIGHT=3

Then in the emulators configured the controllers accordingly. I have successfully configured ePSXE, SNESDroid, and MAMEDroid, but I suppose since most of the emulators support controllers' configuration, this can be done for most of them.

Of course, as BOB states, since there is no touchscreen driver for MK808, Joy2touch does not work at all in order to configure the gamepads for touch only based games.

Comment

THANKS TO BOB

BOB, keep up the good work with the roms.

Can someone please tell me how to change the boot screen on the MK808?

I will share all of my creations with the forum when i have made some.

Also has anybod managed to emulate a screen touch in replacement of a mouse click?

Comment

reboot app doesn;t work

I've got yesterday my MK808 (have an 808B too) and I've flashed this ROM and all looks good except the Reboot app that doesn't work for me. I am getting "reboot has been denied superuser permissions".
                                I went to the superuser app and set to allow all requests and I've rebooted. Still doesn't work
                                Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X