• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by SuhiJr View Post
    Thanks Finless!
    This is the best ROM for MK808.

It would be nice if i can make a backup of whole ROM with all apps that i installed and settings that i changed.

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk 2
    Any suggestion how to make a ROM backup

Comment

u dont need a backup. If u fail flashing u can revert it easy ,, with booth custom and orginal os.
      Its almost impossible to brick this device.

Comment

Buy Titanium Backup - I've no experience of the demo version so I've no idea what the limits are in the freeware version.

TB will back up all your previous apps and settings (inc. icon placements on the various desktops). Make sure the backup is on the SD card in your TF slot though otherwise you'll be wiping it out with the firmware update.

Then do the latest firmware flash.

Download Titanium Backup after the firmware upgrade and restore your apps/settings to your MK808. TB might (it did for me) notice that the magic number for your MK808 has changed, but you can either restore it to the original number (which is what I did) or you can keep the new number. Certain apps that you've bought and paid for might need this original number as part of their validation.

Reboot once again and your MK808 with all the apps and settings are back as they were, but you're now running the latest firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by muguk View Post
          Buy Titanium Backup - I've no experience of the demo version so I've no idea what the limits are in the freeware version.

TB will back up all your previous apps and settings (inc. icon placements on the various desktops). Make sure the backup is on the SD card in your TF slot though otherwise you'll be wiping it out with the firmware update.

Then do the latest firmware flash.

Download Titanium Backup after the firmware upgrade and restore your apps/settings to your MK808. TB might (it did for me) notice that the magic number for your MK808 has changed, but you can either restore it to the original number (which is what I did) or you can keep the new number. Certain apps that you've bought and paid for might need this original number as part of their validation.

Reboot once again and your MK808 with all the apps and settings are back as they were, but you're now running the latest firmware.
          No no pay?? , if ur only gonna save apps and files , use airdroid instead its easy , free and done wireless

Comment

To each their own, I bought TB some 2 years ago and it's been part of my stable apps on any Android device

Comment

guyz have you found a way/app to play all movie formats without any problems (buffer times, image distortion, playback crashing etc.) ? i've used every rom and every kernel out there and video playback is very unstable. The only 100% stable app is the default eHomeMediaCenter, that doesnt have subtitle support though...

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord1981 View Post
                guyz have you found a way/app to play all movie formats without any problems (buffer times, image distortion, playback crashing etc.) ? i've used every rom and every kernel out there and video playback is very unstable. The only 100% stable app is the default eHomeMediaCenter, that doesnt have subtitle support though...
                MXplayer
                with hardware decoding.

Comment

Originally posted by lang View Post
                  MXplayer
                  with hardware decoding.
                  thats the app im using as well and unfortunately it isnt stable.. i use it with cifs manager drive mounted, i use it with xbmc, i use it with es file explorer.. i always get the same unstable result.. some times h/w+ doesnt work whereas h/w decoder does etc.. havent found a specific pattern..its like random..

Comment

OBackup 1.35 Backup your device to Cloud in one click BECAUSE OF AN ERROR WITH OUR SERVER I HAVE UNPUBLISHED THE APPLICATION FROM PLAY STORE THE ERROR IS NOW FIXED :) Application should came back on Play Store in the coming hours...

this will back it up with no clockwork installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord1981 View Post
                      thats the app im using as well and unfortunately it isnt stable.. i use it with cifs manager drive mounted, i use it with xbmc, i use it with es file explorer.. i always get the same unstable result.. some times h/w+ doesnt work whereas h/w decoder does etc.. havent found a specific pattern..its like random..
                      Sure its not the apps fault.
                      Cifs is way to slow for streaming 1080p media.

If u manage to mount NFS it will work fine its a faster network protocol then slow crap as cifs/samba.
                      If u try on a usbstick u will se its not the os or the players fault.

Comment

Originally posted by lang View Post
                        Sure its not the apps fault.
                        Cifs is way to slow for streaming 1080p media.

If u manage to mount NFS it will work fine its a faster network protocol then slow crap as cifs/samba.
                        If u try on a usbstick u will se its not the os or the players fault.
                        Thank you for your help man. How do i mount NFS share? I have windows 7 on my PC.
                        Browsing the video files from my PC through ES File Manager and playing with MX Player is not stable either.. but i remind you playing any video file with eMediaHomeCenter is VERY stable always...

Comment

I don't know if I've found a odd bug... anyway, I've not had any WiFi issues as such until I upscaled my settings to 1080p and it started to struggle to connect to Google servers but would hold a connect. I got the odd drop out which started to worry me so before I opened it and got the soldering iron out I decided to go back to last know working settings and it rectified it almost instantly. I've went back to 1080p and again struggled until I went back to 720. Maybe its just me or maybe its a power issue with my plug but I thought I'd post it just in case

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Comment

Question

Hi all,

i have a question. In this JB version isn't possible have the "switch user" like original JB version ?
                            At home we are in three that use it but for privacy rules, we have create a "fake google account" and watch mail only from browser and every time be sure to have make "logoff" from facebook ...
                            Will be a very good idea will have the possibility to make switch off ;-)

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Tr1n1ty69 View Post
                              Hi all,

i have a question. In this JB version isn't possible have the "switch user" like original JB version ?
                              At home we are in three that use it but for privacy rules, we have create a "fake google account" and watch mail only from browser and every time be sure to have make "logoff" from facebook ...
                              Will be a very good idea will have the possibility to make switch off ;-)

Thanks a lot
                              No, Finless 1.6 is based on JB 4.1.1. Multiple user support was introduced with JB 4.2.

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk HD
                              MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

I get an error (it is not MSC device).
                                I think there is a missing a Finless Rom\system.img in the download (Finless 1.6 Custom ROM)
                                Sorry for my bad english

Comment

Working...
                                X