MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for your answer.

I tried to turn me back, but with all the ROMs I use the Wifi does not work.

You know where I can find the right one.

Greetings.

Originally posted by Midniteoyl View Post
    Reflash with the correct ROM....

Comment

Originally posted by gicase View Post
      Thank you very much for your answer.

I tried to turn me back, but with all the ROMs I use the Wifi does not work.

You know where I can find the right one.

Greetings.
      You need to know which WiFi chip you have, which means opening the stick up and looking.

see : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-identify-them

Comment

MK808B "Finless 1.7 RK3066

I have tested MK808B model with RK3066 chip by flashing Finless 1.7.
        It works good & much faster. Stable WIFI and no issue so far.
        I have download ROM from this website.

Last edited by Nehal; 04-26-2013, 23:08. Reason: wrong word

Comment

MK808B "Finless 1.7c RK3066

My friends (more than 10 ppl) and I have tested MK808 model with RK3066 chip by flashing Finless 1.7c.
          It works good & much faster. Stable WIFI and no issue so far! Thanks Bob...

Comment

MK808 "Finless 1.7c RK3066 (start config network device fail)

First run of picuntu-da-server.sh on my MK808. I had my MK808 logged in as root. Went into picuntu-da-server.sh. Ran network config. Exited. Rebooted. MK808 runs startup text (five red fails). Loads to black screen, no login. The first three red fails were "start configure network device fail". The fourth red fail was "start configure virtual device fail". Then "boot system without full network configuration". Then "speed displacer disabled". Then black screen. After several minutes the monitor indicates itstill has signal, but screen is black. Power down and reboot, system comes back to same condition. Took out SD, installed good (old) SD. System boots to login. Has this problem been seen before?

Can make new SD. Need help with network config. It may have been my bad, that caused problem.

Gottfried

Comment

Timing Power RK3066

Hi Bob, I found, following your advise, your 1.6 ROM thread. But you say here that I'll risk loosing WIFI all together because it isn't for bluetooth devices. Mine "had" bluetooth. I don't think i'ill need the bluetooth though. Is the Timing Power RK3066 a MK808? How do I find stuff like that out. I'm sorry to be such a rookie in the android world.

Comment

Random Power Offs

First I want to THANK Bob for an outstanding ROM! I'm new to this thread and device but not new to hacking Android products. I installed 1.6 without any issues but lately I've been getting random power downs. I have to unplug from USB (powered from tv) then plug it back in to power back on. Has anyone experience this or may know how I can fix it.

Thanks-

Comment

Re: MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by cdsbj6508 View Post
                  First I want to THANK Bob for an outstanding ROM! I'm new to this thread and device but not new to hacking Android products. I installed 1.6 without any issues but lately I've been getting random power downs. I have to unplug from USB (powered from tv) then plug it back in to power back on. Has anyone experience this or may know how I can fix it.

Thanks-
                  Most tv usb ports don't deliver enought power to feed the sticks.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    Most tv usb ports don't deliver enought power to feed the sticks.
                    Thanks! I will try plugging it in from the wall outlet.

Comment

Over and over

Hey there, so I've tried multiple dif ver. of finless roms on my MK808. They seem to install flawlessly as far as the installer is concerned, but I get no image on the screen. It's plugged into a newer flat panel lcd that fully supports 1080P and was working on this display with the original OS.

I went to reset through factory settings and saw nothing to do so. I went the rockship setting menu and there was one. I chose it, the screen went blank and never returned. I came across this forum reading how to unbrick the MK808. I've install multiple different roms and only one has actually shcwn me anything on the screen and that was right after the installer finished and the unit rebooted by itself. It seemed it was in the root text screen of the OS. But for only about 3-4 sec. before it went blank. That was the only one that actually said an Android was plugged in to the usb on my PC (Win 7 Pro btw). Just curious if anyone might have some insight.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe is useful to take a look here : http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/index.php

Comment

Rock chip RK3066 1.6 GHz / can't play any Audio or Video files from any website or SD card.

hi guys, i have Rock chip RK3066 1.6 GHz Android mini pc, it can't play any Audio or Video files from any website or SD card. any help plz

Comment

/sigh

I have followed your guide to a T, and still I end up getting stuck...

I've tried on 3 different devices, and each time I get the black screen with the Linux Penguins up top left corner and a wall of text that doesnt all seem to make sense to me.

When it is all done loading it says that I can type in 'help' for a list of commands.. but I cant find out what I need to do with those.

Comment

new DroidTV MK809II Android 4.1 - any reason why 1.6 RM will not work?

Bob, what a comprehensive READ ME that gives so much confidence to a newbie who has never flashed this type of device before - 5 stars

Now having purchased a DroidTV MK809II RK3066 android 4.1, I need to get rid of the HDMI secondary msg from Comcast and your ROM seems to answer that problem. FYI: this current standard rom still has a problem in that bluetooth doesn't work.

My basic question is whether there is any reason why the 1.6 will not work or at worst BRICK the device?

your advice would be surely appreciated

thanks, Michael

Comment

Hi guys !

I have that JOY-IT Smart PC 2.0 and I'd like to know which firmware and kernel could be an optimal solution for me.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X