MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amassing job Bob, thank you.

Using 1080p version with latest 2dark4u 1080p kernel. No major problems.

A couple of things I've noticed:

- Antutu scores 7950 (set up on "interactive"). Selecting "performance" does not make much difference, maybe to add 200. I was hoping to be higher.

- SopCast still has noticeable audio lag.

- The RK remote client was unstable on my phone. Picked another one from PlayStore and seems OK now.

Comment

Hi Bob, do you have any Idea when the finless rom 1.7 for the mk808 could be released?

Thx for your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Sounds like you got the Sunvel clone! Try flashing that ROM and it should fix all this.

Bob
        Try to flash with yr MK808 1.6 ROM, but not success ( No responce and the heatsink get very HOT just within a minute ). Manage to open the MK808. Can tell me which MK808 it belong to ? Any chances to recover ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi ppls,
          having same Antutu issues ... i get only 5600 points and i guess its skipping the last of the grafic tests totally ...
          (Finless 1.6 & 1080p V3)

Comment

Windows 8 driver install problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	429805Hi Bob, Trying to install mk808_finless16 and I'm getting this error on my Pc and laptop when installing the driver. Both running Win 8.
            Any ideas?
            Bob B

Comment

linux instructions

Originally posted by techjohn View Post
              I second this request... I've downloaded the ROM but I find that there are no real instructions on flashing this in a linux(Ubunut) environment... I've found a couple threads related to this chipset, but nothing definitive... I guess I'm asking if Bob could walk us through how he has connected and flashed this on his system, since it seems he uses Linux as his main...?
              I am in the same boat - but I think the folks here have better things to do than help us - namely making new ROMs!

we probably shouldn't sully this thread with it, but the best link I found is:

The gist of it is find the offsets you need based on your device and then use the linux rkflashtool to write the ROM to the device...I tried it, didn't have much luck, and was too scared to mess with it. Found a windoz box, got it loaded and called it good.

if you find more info, maybe we can start another thread.

( just in case it wasn't clear - only respect and thanks for those that doing the hard work here - was not be facetious - I really do think you have better things to do! )

Comment

@rbar1000: had the same error as i tried to install drivers today at this win8pro - i didnt have that problem on my win8-previews....

But i didnt fight today - just took my old XP-netbook and installed

I really got serious problems at this win8 today - sometimes as i tried to go to flash mode all other USB-devices lost their drivers ... even mouse too ... that been lil too hard shock for further attempts...

Comment

WIN 8 Drivers

Rockchip updated the drivers since my ROM came out. Here are the latest drivers including support for Win8

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...FKa0xWRnc/edit

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by rbar1000 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1689[/ATTACH]Hi Bob, Trying to install mk808_finless16 and I'm getting this error on my Pc and laptop when installing the driver. Both running Win 8.
                    Any ideas?
                    Bob B
                    I've found that trying to recognize the mk808 using a USB 3.0 port gives me a similar error. The 2.0 port works just fine, though.
                    Edit: I'm running Windows 8 pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by marineboy668 View Post
                      Try to flash with yr MK808 1.6 ROM, but not success ( No responce and the heatsink get very HOT just within a minute ). Manage to open the MK808. Can tell me which MK808 it belong to ? Any chances to recover ?
                      I've identical hardware - bought a week ago. Came with latest mk808_300j1_10-01-2013 and run very well. I managed to switch to Finless 1.6 with no problems - much cleaner rom - great solution with hiding bar
                      I must admit that Finless 1.6 is a bit slower with Antutu: ~9900(stock) vs ~9000(Fin). I guess latest kernel makes a difference...
                      MK808 Original Gold Edition

Comment

Originally posted by rbar1000 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1689[/ATTACH]Hi Bob, Trying to install mk808_finless16 and I'm getting this error on my Pc and laptop when installing the driver. Both running Win 8.
                        Any ideas?
                        Bob B
                        1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
                        2. Click ‘More PC Settings’.
                        3. Click ‘General’.
                        4. Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
                        5. Wait a bit.
                        6. Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
                        7. Click ‘Advanced Options’
                        8. Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
                        9. Click Restart.
                        When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ from the list. You can now load your modified driver.

Comment

@Xander: But keep care that u don't use "Bootuituner" with wrong settings
                          (took me long to find the reason, why advanced startup didn't work anymore ....

Comment

Originally posted by kedat View Post
                            I've identical hardware - bought a week ago. Came with latest mk808_300j1_10-01-2013 and run very well. I managed to switch to Finless 1.6 with no problems - much cleaner rom - great solution with hiding bar
                            I must admit that Finless 1.6 is a bit slower with Antutu: ~9900(stock) vs ~9000(Fin). I guess latest kernel makes a difference...
                            Suspect recieve a faulty MK808......

Comment

Hmmm windows sees as rk30 usb device

several attempts to flash have brought me to scratching my head . not sure what to do next... starting over.

Comment

This is not for mk808-B

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                WHAT THIS IS NOT:

THIS IS NOT FOR THE MK808-B or any other OEM that has bluetooth support! If you use this ROM good chance your wifi will NOT WORK anymore! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This is not a true 1080P kernel ROM!
                                2dark4u is still working on a good 1080P kernel for you. It's not done yet and that will be in a MK808 1.7 ROM. HOWEVER, I have spent a lot of time tuning this for best look at scaled up 1080P. Trust I think you will like how it looks
                                It will also be the base for 1.7 (I hope )

In the ROM kit there is a read me! This has full instructions for how to upgrade. So PLEASE read the read me!

Here is my Finless 1.6 MK808 ROM:

ROM -> MK808 Finless 1.6 ROM (244 megs)

Enjoy,
                                Bob
                                Hi,

First of all I introduce myself. My name is Vincenzo, I'm Italian and I'm 50. I really liked your work. I've tried it but due to the fact that I've a mk808B, wifi didn't go. So I had to return to the stock kernel. My minipc had no problems with your flash and bluetooth keyboard and mouse worked out of the box. I will ask you if there is a manner to have also wifi working (recompile kernel adding the module for rk903 chip). Is it possible know where to get sources for this kernel and maybe the initial config. I'm not expert of android or arm achitecture but I would try.
                                I'll let you know that after flashing my mk808b with your tools I was able to re-flash it with another chinese-english flashing tool.

Best compliments for your work, excuse for my English

Bye

Vincenzo

Excuse me but I've found the correct version for mk808b and now everything works (wifi, bluetooth), With bluetooth I've been able to pair a logitech mx 5500 revolution keyboard and mouse , a plantronics headset and a creative earset. Would it be possible to have a link for sources? Compliments and regards.
                                I surely will visite your donate page.

Vincenzo
                                Last edited by vavoli; 02-15-2013, 14:44. Reason: I had chosen a wrong version

Comment

Working...
                                X