Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Flahing ROM

Originally posted by audiophonicz View Post
    That is refering to Settings inside your android stick.

Settings > USB > Connect to PC - uncheck

Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging - uncheck
    So I should have the stick hooked up via the HDMI port and have a keyboard/mouse attached as well? I was under the impression everything was done via the PC...
    Last edited by head_shot; 02-10-2013, 16:31. Reason: spelling and clarity

Comment

OK to answer a few questions here:

lukewarms:
      Your issues sounds exactly like you have the Sunvel MK808B clone. Especially the issue with powering only by the OTG port. Original MK808 does not have this problem! I suggest you try my new Sunvel Clone ROM. I bet you do have a MK808B Sunvel.

Head_shot. There is a mistake in my instructions. USB should be turned ON not off.!!! USB debugging should be off.

Jogg3r, this will not work on a All Winner system. Dont even try or you will brick.

stedmakr, no rockchip devices do 5.1 yet. We are hoping rockchip fixes this soon!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hm. Okay, thank you for you quick answer.
        you dont know another rom , dont you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jogg3r View Post
          Hm. Okay, thank you for you quick answer.
          you dont know another rom , dont you?
          No sorry I do not. I do know how to make All Winner ROMs but without having the unit myself it is very risky to make ROMs in the dark.

You might ask FreakTab developer Electrik if he is willing to try. He know All Winner better than I do.

Bob

Comment

NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Okay, thank you ;-)

Comment

Trouble Flashing ROM

Originally posted by head_shot View Post
              Newb here.

I'm been working on this for about a day now, and I just can't get the "Finless ROM Flash Tool" to find the device. I've installed the drivers, and it shows up under Device Manager. But when I start the Finless ROM Flash Tool it continues to say "No Found RKAndroid rock usb."

I'm at the part of the instructions where it says this:
              "4) YOu should see at the bottom it says "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage USB"
              If it does not say that go into
              settings and make sure that
              a) USB storage is turned off
              b) Under developer options, USB debugging is turned off"

Where are these "settings" located?

Thanks for any help you can offer. And thanks for giving your time to this project; I'm excited to give it a try!
              Okay, I've hooked the MK808 up to my HMDI connection on my monitor, have a mouse connected to the MK808, have a USB cable in the OTG port of the MK808 (ready to plug into laptop PC), I have a straightened paperclip, and am pushing on the reset button WHILE I insert the OTG USB into the PC. The PC recognizes the device and loads the x64 driver. I release the paperclip. Nothing happens on the HDMI monitor. I launch Finless ROM Flash Tool and it still says "No Found RKAndroid rock usb."

Am I missing something? Sorry for being such a newb.

Comment

Originally posted by head_shot View Post
                Okay, I've hooked the MK808 up to my HMDI connection on my monitor, have a mouse connected to the MK808, have a USB cable in the OTG port of the MK808 (ready to plug into laptop PC), I have a straightened paperclip, and am pushing on the reset button WHILE I insert the OTG USB into the PC. The PC recognizes the device and loads the x64 driver. I release the paperclip. Nothing happens on the HDMI monitor. I launch Finless ROM Flash Tool and it still says "No Found RKAndroid rock usb."

Am I missing something? Sorry for being such a newb.

Connect to TV or monitor, then check this is OFF
                Under developer options, USB debugging is turned off

Then remove from TV and connect to computer and flash.

Make sure the USB cable connects to the REAR USB ports NOT front or a hub.

Of course I am a newbie here but I flashed mine just fine

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  OK to answer a few questions here:

lukewarms:
                  Your issues sounds exactly like you have the Sunvel MK808B clone. Especially the issue with powering only by the OTG port. Original MK808 does not have this problem! I suggest you try my new Sunvel Clone ROM. I bet you do have a MK808B Sunvel.

Head_shot. There is a mistake in my instructions. USB should be turned ON not off.!!! USB debugging should be off.

Jogg3r, this will not work on a All Winner system. Dont even try or you will brick.

stedmakr, no rockchip devices do 5.1 yet. We are hoping rockchip fixes this soon!

Bob
                  Bob! You are correct! I must have the Sunvel MK808B clone (although there is no heatsink or any other obvious way to recognise this) because your new Sunvel Clone ROM works great! Wireless and bluetooth are back! My weekend was not a complete waste Love your work, thank you!

Beware of **** purchases for this people!

Comment

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Great job on this ROM Bob, it saved me with my MK806.

Will wait for your new releases as I'm following you now :thumbup:

Cheers,

Jorge

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks Kyle...

Originally posted by KyleK29 View Post
                      You can flash 2Dark4U's kernels onto the 1.6 base. It doesn't need to be included in a 1.7. I think Alex is still testing an ocing kernel (not yet released, last I check).

Just open up the 1.6 ROM flash tool and replace the "kernel" area with the one you get from 2dark4u's website (there's a thread here with a link).
                      I'm Ok with doing things when they are already "fully packaged", like the base 1.6 upgrade, but when I vary from the path, I may get bricked (kinda funny eh?).

SO could you lease add the link you were referring to and a teenie bit more info on what "replace the "kernel" area with the one.." really means, a.k.a. action for me to take. Thanks for your time regardless- B

Comment

Originally posted by High_Yield View Post
                        I'm Ok with doing things when they are already "fully packaged", like the base 1.6 upgrade, but when I vary from the path, I may get bricked (kinda funny eh?).

SO could you lease add the link you were referring to and a teenie bit more info on what "replace the "kernel" area with the one.." really means, a.k.a. action for me to take. Thanks for your time regardless- B
                        Check out post #575 in this thread for more help

Comment

Is there a way to edit the numbers of home screens, without installing a other launcher?

Comment

Logitech H800 Headset works!

Originally posted by japasco View Post
                            Great job on this ROM Bob, it saved me with my MK806.

Will wait for your new releases as I'm following you now :thumbup:

Cheers,

Jorge

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
                            Bob, yesterday I wanted to know if my Logitech headset H800 works with my mini PC and...it does!!! The sound goes perfect but the voice recording not so good, I will try if there is a possible configuration for the microphone.
                            Also my Logitech mouse (M305) works.

Everything was connected to a external powered Targus USB hub.

Thanks again.

Jorge

Comment

Hi Bob,
                              I just bought a MK808 from AliExpress, but the Blue LED is not ON and no display when turn on the power supply. Had changed the power supply but still the same. Is it a faulty MK808 or custom firmware problem ? Need your advise. Currently , also waiting for the reply from the supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by marineboy668 View Post
                                Hi Bob,
                                I just bought a MK808 from AliExpress, but the Blue LED is not ON and no display when turn on the power supply. Had changed the power supply but still the same. Is it a faulty MK808 or custom firmware problem ? Need your advise. Currently , also waiting for the reply from the supplier.
                                Sounds like you got the Sunvel clone! Try flashing that ROM and it should fix all this.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X