MK802 IIIs which Rom can I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipish View Post
    hi . i have the same MK802 iiiS. but all "S" versions have WIFI & BT issues and lots of drops .the link that you've given is about MK802 iii and NOT about MK802 iiiS !!!!!
    can you pls pls pls pls create a Thread especially for MK802 iiiS ?!!
    where we can inform us about ( Frimwares , Issues, Comparison, ...)
    ----------------------
    ***which one do you prefer personally ?(better)?
    -Rikomagic MK802 IIIS
    -iMito MX2
    -MK808 B
    which one has better WiFi/BT and less issues ?
    -----------------------
    I initially bought a MK802 IIIs and was incredibly disappointed. The iMito MX1/MX2 is a much better device in terms of build quality and connectivity.

Comment

I didn't like ug802 until finless Bob made 1.7 ROM and since mk802IIIS (b) just came out DEC 17th 2012 it works better than ug802 with bobs firmware so I think the last post is mistaken about version of Mk I think he ment mk802II witch was single core and yes dissapointing!
      Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
      HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
      ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by Nugmast3r View Post
        Okay, I finally installed the stock OS using the reset button technique. Back to square one. My only question now is how to I get this darn Finless rom to install!? I've tried both USB ports on my computer. Drivers are installed correctly. Using the finless rom flash tool and maintaining the stock settings. Where am I going wrong? Can't get the finless 1.5 to get past boot screen, but stock rom restores without issue. Help?

Why did you install the stock OS via the reset button? That is completely unnecessary. You need to place the Mini PC into flash mode before flashing the ROM. First time I tried to place the device into flash mode it failed. So I ended using the alternative tool to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by neodoom View Post
          I didn't like ug802 until finless Bob made 1.7 ROM and since mk802IIIS (b) just came out DEC 17th 2012 it works better than ug802 with bobs firmware so I think the last post is mistaken about version of Mk I think he ment mk802II witch was single core and yes dissapointing!

WiFi and Bluetooth support is good on the MK802 IIIS with Finless 1.5 ROM. Experienced very few WiFi drop outs. Had one strange moment with the WiFi where DNS wasn't working but fixed it by re-establishing the WiFi connection. Really like the fact that Google Now works well and some camera apps work with the webcam (Logitech C525), great job . Could never get a camera app to work and for some strange reason Google Now, and voice search wasn't available until the Finless ROM was used.
          Last edited by digiPixel; 01-22-2013, 04:04. Reason: Clarification on bluetooth and WiFi support

Comment

MK802 IIIs which Rom can I use?

There is a new firmware..

Anyone tried it out yet? What's new? Did they fix a few bugs?
            Maybe the Ethernet on off bug after reboot?

Comment

Re: Cooking MK802 III

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              See this thread

Many are using the ug802 1.7 ROM. BECAREFUL to not use a kernel overclocked past 1200 or you will cook your MK802-3

Bob
              Bob,
              I assume that if I install a suitable heatsink on my MK802 III (which I have), I can run a 1.6 Ghz kernel ?
              I have not seen any issues yet, and the processor is staying relatively cool so far.

Comment

Working...
              X