5.1 sound - not working despite trying ffmpeg and mxplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leolas and Bob, you guys are my hero if you can do it
    I will be the first one to test your rom that's for sure!

Comment

Re: 5.1 sound - not working despite trying ffmpeg and mxplayer

Hey Bob is the master, I am going to do a port of this Rom, but sure that Bob includes some nice features.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Sure, Bob is the master
        Drop me a PM if you have something to test (I have a MK808 and a MK802 iiiS)

Comment

Re: 5.1 sound - not working despite trying ffmpeg and mxplayer

Originally posted by jockyw2001 View Post
          Sure, Bob is the master
          Drop me a PM if you have something to test (I have a MK808 and a MK802 iiiS)
          Good, i have a mk 808b, once I test it in my device, you will be the next one to test it, but if 5.1 solution is in kernel like I fear, it will be very hard to port actually.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Here is a piece of bad news:

Apparently no passthrough support via hdmi, only via spdif

Comment

ok I made a port for mk808b(rk903), tested boot and works well for a beta. but i cant check hdmi passthrough, if anyone with mk808b have possibilities to check hdmi passthrough please test it. It have a new option in audio settings for it:

I ported it to mk808(rk901) too, I don't have the device so i cant check it, if anyone can check pls feedback:

Both files are cwm flashable zips. Please make a backup before flash it and wipe data/cache before install.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thank you Leolas... No joy on my mk808. I have a mpeg2 5.1 ac3 recording from my hdhomerun. When I have hardware decoding and the 5.1 audio channel selected and use 5.1 sound output in the settings it sounds like I'm speaking very slowly and my receiver shows 2.0 PCM. If select the stereo audio track it plays fine. Likewise if I select the hdmi audio output it plays fine but as 2.0 PCM again. The minix thread mentioned seems to imply that people have got dd 5.1 (bot dts) through spdif only AND no hdmi passthrough. Hopefully that will come. Anyone else have any luck/progress?
                James

Comment

Originally posted by jm_maclaren View Post
                  Thank you Leolas... No joy on my mk808. I have a mpeg2 5.1 ac3 recording from my hdhomerun. When I have hardware decoding and the 5.1 audio channel selected and use 5.1 sound output in the settings it sounds like I'm speaking very slowly and my receiver shows 2.0 PCM. If select the stereo audio track it plays fine. Likewise if I select the hdmi audio output it plays fine but as 2.0 PCM again. The minix thread mentioned seems to imply that people have got dd 5.1 (bot dts) through spdif only AND no hdmi passthrough. Hopefully that will come. Anyone else have any luck/progress?
                  James
                  Well like minix reported then no hdmi passthougt, when they released the new version i will do another port to test it, but if kernel is involved in those changes we will have problems to get it working
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Hello,

they launched a new firmware version with officialy 5.1 PCM support over HDMI.

I know - its not same like AC3/DTS passthrough, but when the video player can decode that sound softwaresided, it can be possible to get 5.1 sound over HDMI.

Can you make a new port for MK808?

Comment

You could try this: http://minixforums.com/threads/new-m...-05-2013.1468/

Comment

No progress? Is this still an uncracked nut?

Comment

Yes finally there is. Latest firmware from geek buying adds working 5.1 audio! See mk808 threads. I have run the firmware through FreakTabKitchen.py and have flashed it successfully. I have not done much more on this, but am watching recordings from
                          myhtv in 5.1 via mx player on samba share.

i tried swapping to finless 4.2.2 kernel from 2.1 but it wouldn't boot.

Comment

Working...
                          X