Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reset Button ???

Originally posted by raycar View Post
    Help! I followed all of instruction and I can’t get RK29update to even recognize my tab. I hold the reset button down and launch rk29 and nothing. It does not find my tab. All I get is “no found RKAndroid rock usb” on the bottom of the RK29 window.

Can someone break this down for me a little more?

Thanks!
    I think what you need to do is use a pin to depress the reset point on the back panel just below the serial number ... whilst you have RK29batch or update running and you are connected by usb ...
    The problem may lie in your usb drivers on your PC ... If they are correct the tablet will go into usb mode when connected to the PC's usb port ...

Comment

Nextbook 7 Premium ICS

Hi I just purchased this Nextbook 7 Premium with ICS and it has a different serial #. I am assuming it is cause this one came with ICS, I suppose this ROM is Gingerbread huh? Thank you for any help.

Comment

Yes Both of my Roms are well a hybrid really of Gingerbread and honeycomb.

Though it looks like Finless has made an ICS rom that will work with 7p's.

Comment

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for Bricked Tablets. This is known to work on tablet with SN starting with YF1011, and some YF1211.
          did this mean that i can install it on YF1011, and some YF1211
          did i understand right ?
          i have nextbook Premium 7 YF1211
          unrooted can i flash any of these roms ??
          and which android version is in this rom ??
          thanks
          Last edited by ahmadzxc; 05-21-2013, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadzxc View Post
            did this mean that i can install it on YF1011, and some YF1211
            did i understand right ?
            i have nextbook Premium 7 YF1211
            unrooted can i flash any of these roms ??
            and which android version is in this rom ??
            thanks
            it worked on mine

Comment

need storage on this thing please help =P

First want to thank Dochoppy and Bob Finless for the work you do =) My Next7P feels up to date finally =)

I started this journey with the prospect of rooting etc because of the paltry internal memory on the next7p. Even though there is almost 3gb of memory, only 256mb is utilized for app storage. It quickly became apparent to me that an app must install to this 256, or whatever you have left of it, before your even given the option to move it to "SD" . Meaning a lot of apps that are just too big, or depending on the space you have left, just won't install.

Unfortunately, this problem actually became worse after installing the cramfs3.0. I finally have Play store and my flash player miraculously updated to 11 lol, however things I had on sd card before (go launcher ex), are now part of the rom so when updating them, they take internal storage and have no option to be moved to sd.

At present time I have done nothing but update current apps installed and i'm already down to 125mb of internal storage.

At this point it becomes hard to tell old information from something usable. I wanted to root for apps2sd, I read forum posts etc that talked of dark tremors apps2sd plus an sd card formatted with an ext3 partition. Basically this or something like this would solve my problem, I have a 16gb card .

So I have a few questions to any that would oblige =)
              1. I did use the update image for cramfs3.0 not the full root, will this give me the permissions needed for apps2sd?
              2. At this point a search for apps2sd yields several results, is there one in particular I should look for? I have a linux box so making an ext3 partition should not be a problem.

I know this is an old thread, thanks to any with information =)

Comment

q

Originally posted by koolgirl View Post
                First want to thank Dochoppy and Bob Finless for the work you do =) My Next7P feels up to date finally =)

I started this journey with the prospect of rooting etc because of the paltry internal memory on the next7p. Even though there is almost 3gb of memory, only 256mb is utilized for app storage. It quickly became apparent to me that an app must install to this 256, or whatever you have left of it, before your even given the option to move it to "SD" . Meaning a lot of apps that are just too big, or depending on the space you have left, just won't install.

Unfortunately, this problem actually became worse after installing the cramfs3.0. I finally have Play store and my flash player miraculously updated to 11 lol, however things I had on sd card before (go launcher ex), are now part of the rom so when updating them, they take internal storage and have no option to be moved to sd.

At present time I have done nothing but update current apps installed and i'm already down to 125mb of internal storage.

At this point it becomes hard to tell old information from something usable. I wanted to root for apps2sd, I read forum posts etc that talked of dark tremors apps2sd plus an sd card formatted with an ext3 partition. Basically this or something like this would solve my problem, I have a 16gb card .

So I have a few questions to any that would oblige =)
                1. I did use the update image for cramfs3.0 not the full root, will this give me the permissions needed for apps2sd?
                2. At this point a search for apps2sd yields several results, is there one in particular I should look for? I have a linux box so making an ext3 partition should not be a problem.

I know this is an old thread, thanks to any with information =)
                have u checked out xda there is alot of good info there u might find the answere there im on the amlogic nextbook newer then yours im going to try out an app to do what ur talking about and if u run cydia impactor u should get full root my spelling is not good so the name of root tool probly spelled wrong good luck

Comment

Something isn't right

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  That video pop up page is the download page. Just click the link to download the file.

Bob
                  I keep getting redirected to the main page and no links work. I use Chrome and I tried Firefox. I did have Adblock on so I turned that off but it's still a no-go. It has to be right in front of me but I have been trying for 2 hours. I wouldn't post something if I wasn't about to throw this laptop out the window. I'm looking for the DocHoppyRomv_02 or the Finless version for Nextbook 7p. I just can't get my hands on anything. I hate to post somthing everyone probably knows I've used roms from here before on a Minix and never ran into this.

Comment

Originally posted by toddefarrell View Post
                    I keep getting redirected to the main page and no links work. I use Chrome and I tried Firefox. I did have Adblock on so I turned that off but it's still a no-go. It has to be right in front of me but I have been trying for 2 hours. I wouldn't post something if I wasn't about to throw this laptop out the window. I'm looking for the DocHoppyRomv_02 or the Finless version for Nextbook 7p. I just can't get my hands on anything. I hate to post somthing everyone probably knows I've used roms from here before on a Minix and never ran into this.

I'm glad it isn't just me.
                    I can't find ANY download I am looking for,all links redirect to the main page.
                    Someone please tell me how to download off this website!!!

Comment

Don't know

If my older Roms are even hosted here anymore, but if someone is looking for them let me know and I will get them to you.

Comment

Needing your older roms to fix my moms tablet

Hey Doc i cant seem to download your roms anywhere anad i am needing them to fix my moms nextbook 7p

Comment

Working...
                        X