No announcement yet.

Yuandao N101 RileyROM 1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I am having a external SDcard issue myself. Same problem.
    Insert it and I get a message "SD card removed please insert one". When I take it out I get a SD card removed unexpectedly. No matter what I do I cannot get it to read the SDcard anymore. I have even tried powering it up with the SDcard in or out. Doesnt help.

This is on my 1.8 ROM. I have not tried Randy's 1.9 yet.

I have not had time to look into why this started happening but I think it is some APP I installed or its related to Titanium backup since that is now failing as well.

I certainly hope it is not a hardware issue!

When I get some time I will try to figure out what caused it.

As for charging issues I to have started seeing a problem. Here is the scenario:

1) Tablet is fully charged and I want to take it on the road. So I unplug the charger and then power off the unit. As you know with Model 1, if the charger is hooked up the unit just reboots when you try to power it off.
    2) I get to my destination and power ther tablet on. BAM the unit tries to shut down as it reports the battery is DEAD or only about 10%.
    On reboot it has the same problem. I thought maybe my battery was bad and would no longer hold a charge.
    3) Then I found a trick that suprised me. While it is powering up and just before the boot animation is over (before the OS is up and it tries to power down due to dead battery), I hold the power button to FORCE a power off, then power it back up. Low and behold now the battery now reports good and almost fully charged!

Now I do not remember having this issue before. So again it must be something I installed (I hope). Again, when I get some time I plan to look into this problem.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

You know what, I kinda had the same problem the other day. When I booted it told me I had 1% battery. I just thought I left it on some how. So I charged it.

It took a while, but no sd card issues.

Randy
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Good job Riley !!!

Hi Riley,I'm Simone from Italia. After flashing my UG802 with Finless rom 1.8 and my MK802 with NeoTV CR 1.7, yesterday I tried your 1.9 rom on my N101 Yuandao first version (the one with 2 speakers for instance).
        I have not finished testing everything thoroughly, but I can already say that it is the best rom I've tried so far (after Vondroid 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 beta, and finally the 4.1.1 (Ported from Pipo-M3).
        I installed almost all of my favorite apps:

- Go Launcher HD
        - EsExplorer
        - Droidmote client and server
        - Vnc for Android
        - UPnP DLNA mediahouse
        - TeamViever
        - Photoshop Touch
        - SwiftKey3 Tablet
        - Over 20 games (for my son).

Everything works perfectly, no noise in the display and not on the speakers.
        The wifi is okay (as in the other versions ...the signal is very low, but it is certainly a hardware problem).
        Web browsing with the stock browser is smooth and fast, and play HD video streaming is great (according to the available bandwidth).

Unfortunately I have to stop with the tests, as I broke the original power supply ...
        I ordered one from England, because I could not find a model that would work properly.
        Two other 5v 2 amp usb chargers, they fail to quickly load the tablet (in 8 hours only 6% of the battery) ...
        Does anyone know a trick to improve the charge?.
        The original charger has any particular difference in voltage?
        As has been damaged and can not measure the output ...
        Anyway thanks for this great rom, will not fail to comment further when I have fully charged the tablet..

As always sorry for my English (translated by google) ...

Comment

Thanks for the post. I'm glad to hear that people are using my ROM.

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution to your charger problem.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Reverting to original Android theme.

I have flashed this ROM and it is very good, is there an easy or any way to remove the snakegen ui theme and revert to the original JB theme ?

Comment

I can pull the stock UI files and post them for you.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Yeah, that would be great, the snakegen ui theme is good but a little too graphical for my liking and possibly others ?

Thanks
                Kirk

Comment

Better yet, I'll just put together an alternate system.img for you to flash. Changing these files on a running tablet gets a little tricky.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

It has been a while since I released an update to this ROM, so I just went ahead and zipped the whole package I have been playing with for the last few weeks.

I kind of like the Snakegenmod version, but I received requests to post a fix to remove the UI enhancements. For those who like the modded UI, I'll leave the original release available for download.

I will call this release version 1.9a. It is rooted, with 2 gb app space, has working CWM Recovery and Init.d support. I have also included Google Play Store fix. I didn't really do much different to this ROM, compared with 1.9, but since I am still learning stuff every day, It is just a little more polished (behind the scenes, anyway).

You will notice there are 2 kernels in the package. The default is 135, which is their latest release (I prefer this kernel to the 123 kernel, but some folks run into problems with it). The other kernel is version 123, which was a custom kernel that fixed the speaker whine when you dimmed the display. If you wish to flash the older kernel, just rename the default to 135 and rename the kernel labeled 123 to kernel.img.

To download, just go to the download page link on post #1

Once I have this kit uploaded, I'll post the link to it on the download thread.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Ethernet function

Hi, I'm (Always) Simone from Italia.

Waiting to fully charge the battery, I continued to explore your rom, and with regret, I noticed the lack of a feature that I think is very important ... the ethernet lan.

After several attempts, in fact, I was able to find a usb-lan adapter that works with the rom that I had previously (4.1.1 ported from Pipo M3 not from Vondroid).

I also found that using a airmouse RC13 (with a microphone and speakers), only works as mouse, because the page does not show the voice audio peripherals ...

I hope you will be able to solve at least the question ethernet for your next rom.
                      Thank You Riley I'm waiting for version 2.0!

Comment

Originally posted by simone View Post
                        Hi, I'm (Always) Simone from Italia.

Waiting to fully charge the battery, I continued to explore your rom, and with regret, I noticed the lack of a feature that I think is very important ... the ethernet lan.

After several attempts, in fact, I was able to find a usb-lan adapter that works with the rom that I had previously (4.1.1 ported from Pipo M3 not from Vondroid).

I also found that using a airmouse RC13 (with a microphone and speakers), only works as mouse, because the page does not show the voice audio peripherals ...

I hope you will be able to solve at least the question ethernet for your next rom.
                        Thank You Riley I'm waiting for version 2.0!
                        As I mentioned, I'm still learning my way around the details and features of ROM development. I know that Finless has been working on the RC13 for his TV stick ROMs, so there is hope. He is out of pocket for several days, but when he returns I'll ask him for help on both the ethernet and the RC13 support.

Stay tuned.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

HiOTE=rrileypm;60623]It has been a while since I released an update to this ROM, so I just went ahead and zipped the whole package I have been playing with for the last few weeks.

I kind of like the Snakegenmod version, but I received requests to post a fix to remove the UI enhancements. For those who like the modded UI, I'll leave the original release available for download.

I will call this release version 1.9a. It is rooted, with 2 gb app space, has working CWM Recovery and Init.d support. I have also included Google Play Store fix. I didn't really do much different to this ROM, compared with 1.9, but since I am still learning stuff every day, It is just a little more polished (behind the scenes, anyway).

You will notice there are 2 kernels in the package. The default is 135, which is their latest release (I prefer this kernel to the 123 kernel, but some folks run into problems with it). The other kernel is version 123, which was a custom kernel that fixed the speaker whine when you dimmed the display. If you wish to flash the older kernel, just rename the default to 135 and rename the kernel labeled 123 to kernel.img.

To download, just go to the download page link on post #1

Once I have this kit uploaded, I'll post the link to it on the download thread.[/QUOTE]

Hi Randy,
                          is the huming noise from the speakers gone in kernel 135? I will update to your new ROM but I don't want the humming noise. What would you you suggest? The noise is a real a pain. What do you suggest?. Is the new fezture you mentioned the mirror rock chip been added to your updated ROM? It seems a waste not to utilize it in your ROM. Is the sleep wake up issue been fixed? How is the SD card and mounting HDD to the tablet in 1.9a?

Regards

Res
                          Last edited by Res; 04-06-2013, 21:04. Reason: fixed quotes

Comment

I happen to have the M3 ROM...in fact I have made a custom ROM for the Pipo M3...you can find under Pipo Tablets on this forum.

What I need to know is what chipset your ethernet adapter uses. Otherwise, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I haven't tried flashing the Pipo ROM (with the N101 kernel) on my N101, I have only flashed it to my M5 and it worked. I have never used one of those ethernet dongles, though.

Give me about a week or so, and we can hopefully solve your problem.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

1.9a ROM

Hi Randy, is the huming noise from the speakers gone in kernel 135? I will update to your new ROM but I don't want the humming noise. What would you you suggest? The noise is a real a pain. What do you suggest?. Is the new fezture you mentioned the mirror rock chip been added to your updated ROM? It seems a waste not to utilize it in your ROM. Is the sleep wake up issue been fixed? How is the SD card and mounting HDD to the tablet in 1.9a?

Regards

Res

Comment

Either of the two kernels in the kit will fix the hum.

Randy
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X