Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless V1.4 available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10 G2 Custom ROM by Finless V1.4 available!

OK my new 1.4 ROM is available for the Arnova 10 G2.

Discussions and support for this ROM, please post in this thread not the 1.3 thread.

Thanks!
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

SWEET!!!!! Running GREAT here. My son has yet again confiscated my Arnova.

Comment

Originally posted by WillJames View Post
      SWEET!!!!! Running GREAT here. My son has yet again confiscated my Arnova.
      Will I have just flashed tablet, installed market, Ran Titanium to restore my daughters 36 apps............

Ten Minutes, now that is speed.

Great to see your name in the Build number as well Bob
      GINGERBREAD.FreakTab.Finless-v1.4-
      Deserves to be in there!
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
        Great to see your name in the Build number as well Bob Deserves to be in there!
        I did this only because there were at least 2 people that requested I updated the build number for the ROM so they knew what version they were on. But since I had the ask, I figured I would make in mine

If someone does not like those modifications, since they are fully rooted, they can edit build.prop and do whatever they like to make that screen say whatever they want!

The thing you gotta love about a fully rooted Android device is YOU CAN MAKE IT YOURS! Freakin awesome if you ask me

Enjoy,
        Bob

Comment

Thanks everyone for the hard working on the new ROM

Downloading now and will update tonight.

Finless: Just 1 quick question, remember you helped us to create those tailor made boot screen (boot.img)? Can it still be used on the new ROM but choosing different boot.img from the flashing tool? Thanks.

Comment

Yes I can make you a new boot screen like you had before. While I would prefer you use Daman's great work. I understand if someone wants a personalized screen.

Post the picture here and I will make you a new boot.img.

FYI, I saw a post on a HK forum where you bragged about your custom boot screen
            I loved it! I no longer have your boot image but I would be happy to do it again for you as long as you do not mind having credits of the ROM on the screen?

Bob

Comment

Sure you can put the version and credit info on it. Please and thanks.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	percyphotography.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	428743

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                OK my new 1.4 ROM is available for the Arnova 10 G2.

Discussions and support for this ROM, please post in this thread not the 1.3 thread.

Thanks!
                Bob
                Awesome Bob!
                Thank you for all your hard work.

Comment

Finless,

Thanks again!

It was easy to flash - no issues at all.

I can't tell if it's faster, yet, but everything seems great

Thanks!

Comment

SD card &quot;bug&quot;

At least on the stock issue of the Philadelphia Newspapers' firmware, there was a bug in which the unit thought the sd card was pulled (temporarily), then usually remounted it. Apparently there is new firmware for the Philly Newspapers unit that solves this. The link for that new firmware is here.

I have seen the sd card issue from time to time on Finless' ROMs and just wonder whether there's anything in this new stock firmware that can be rolled into 1.5, since 1.4 is already out ---- or are people not experiencing the sd card issue?

I hope to flash this in a day or two, when I have time....unfortunately, I'm busy all weekend so my usually flash time is committed. Sounds pretty nice so far --- love the idea of reduced boot time and ext3/ext4 use.

UPDATE: Oh, to heck with it. Backup using Terminal was completely painless; used ShootMe to take pix of the home screens, I know Titanium has my wifi settings backed up, so about to pull the sdcard and away we go..... 3:22 EST.

FURTHER UPDATE: HOLY COW, BATMAN, what a flash! 3:48 p.m. EST, 15 minutes later, already finished a terminal restore, just have to restore what was on SD card, and use Titanium to copy a few settings and data files back and it's like nothing ever happened. I've flashed dozens of ROMs over the last nearly two years and this was easily the most painless, simplest flash I've ever done. (I like the animation...we should be able to do even more!).
                    Last edited by HaroldG; 02-15-2012, 20:50.
                    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

sd card issue on 9g2 is a pain

Originally posted by HaroldG View Post
                      At least on the stock issue of the Philadelphia Newspapers' firmware, there was a bug in which the unit thought the sd card was pulled (temporarily), then usually remounted it. Apparently there is new firmware for the Philly Newspapers unit that solves this. The link for that new firmware is here.

I have seen the sd card issue from time to time on Finless' ROMs and just wonder whether there's anything in this new stock firmware that can be rolled into 1.5, since 1.4 is already out ---- or are people not experiencing the sd card issue?

I hope to flash this in a day or two, when I have time....unfortunately, I'm busy all weekend so my usually flash time is committed. Sounds pretty nice so far --- love the idea of reduced boot time and ext3/ext4 use.

UPDATE: Oh, to heck with it. Backup using Terminal was completely painless; used ShootMe to take pix of the home screens, I know Titanium has my wifi settings backed up, so about to pull the sdcard and away we go..... 3:22 EST.
                      i've been suffering with this sd card problem from day 1 on my 9g2. im hoping there will be a fix soon. there doesn't seem to be any firmware updates for 9g2 so maybe we're being ignored?

Comment

Been playing with this for the last hour. Definitely faster. Boot-up is FAST. All actions are generally faster on it. Disconnecting from PC does *not* result in SD card self-removing, at least not so far.

Would like to figure out how to "run" the contacts.apk in \system\app.

BTW, the "terminal emulator backup and restore" method was absolutely amazing. I can't believe how fast I got it up and back to pre-flash. Will definitely use that next time I change ROMs on my Rezound.
                        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Download Anycut from the market. Anycut allows you to put icons on your desktop for hidden settings and things like contacts and sync that you can't normally get to from built in menus. Thats how I got to the contacts and sync settings.

Comment

Just flashed to v1.4 on last night, then spent an hour to restore all apps by Titanium Backup and do some minor settings.

Finless and Fenice57, I am so jealous on you guys, see what have you guys done!

I have totally 125 apps on the tablet and the bootup time now is 2.5 minutes (was 5 minutes in v1.3! )

I can say the Arnova 10G2 is reborn which is much much better than using with the stock firmware. I don't see why people still prefer to use iPads

Note to Finless: When I use the tool to flash the v1.4, I was replaced the boot.img with the custom image you created to me before, which is not working and after finished flashing process, the tablet just reboot and remain on the custom boot image screen for over 5 minutes, I think it's not compatbile as parameters for v1.4 may be different.

Comment

No you cant use that older boot.img. It is not compatible! I will make you one tomorrow or friday at the latest.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X