No announcement yet.

Startup loop...how to break it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the apps what are some of these(now I know where they are..Duh!)
    ie What is app with picture of cat and HD

and the Reboot app?

and the SuperSU...?

do I need to do anything to activate ...or use them first time?

see attached screenshot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gapps16feb.png
Views:	2
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	429825

Comment

Here is a screenshot with Firmware version shown!
      Thankyou...Thankyou!
      its only been 6 months since my friend has had tablet ..to me finally getting this done!
      fingers crossed it has all worked correctly!

Click image for larger version

Name:	firmware16feb.png
Views:	2
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	429826

Comment

Re: Startup loop...how to break it

The cat is one of the Chinese apps I forgot to remove. Superuser is part of the root process. It manages which apps you allow to have root access. Reboot can be used to reboot to boot loader (for flashing), recovery. Firs time you use it a dialog should appear asking for authorisation for root access., this is superuser doing it's stuff.

Enjoy the ROM.
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
          The cat is one of the Chinese apps I forgot to remove. Superuser is part of the root process. It manages which apps you allow to have root access. Reboot can be used to reboot to boot loader (for flashing), recovery. Firs time you use it a dialog should appear asking for authorisation for root access., this is superuser doing it's stuff.

Enjoy the ROM.
          Thanks
          for the info on these...I assume I can find out more info on Superuser and Reboot elsewhere

>>and...to remove the chinese app..
          I would need to activate Superuser(ie to gain adminstrator rights)???

Comment

The reboot app is by Petrus from this site. Just press it to explore.

No activation required of superuser. just use the tab and anything that requires root will request it via superuser. From the dialogue you can either allow or dissallow

To remove that app first install esfileexplorer from google play. start esfileexplorer and go to settings scroll down to the root options and check them all. You should now be able browse to /system/app and track down the app you want to remove, long press it and select delete from the menu.
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
              The reboot app is by Petrus from this site. Just press it to explore.

No activation required of superuser. just use the tab and anything that requires root will request it via superuser. From the dialogue you can either allow or dissallow

To remove that app first install esfileexplorer from google play. start esfileexplorer and go to settings scroll down to the root options and check them all. You should now be able browse to /system/app and track down the app you want to remove, long press it and select delete from the menu.
              Thanks! understood...
              especially how to remove the Chinese orphan app

Comment

Working...
              X