Nextbook 7 Premium #1011 Custom ROM with Market3.4.4 By Finless Version 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McMick View Post
    I don't suppose you'd feel brave enough to examine the .jar file? Maybe after it's unpacked it's just a matter of changing a single line in some text file. At least, in my optimistic fantasy imagination of custom ROM building, it is.
    We have actually been through all that already

About page 3 I think in that post.

I have taken apart all these and tried all kinds of changes including installing SQLite and editing the DB. To no freakin avail!!!! I do not know enough about how this works (yet) to fix it. I know it can be fixed but where?

Again read that post. There are good discussions in it about trying to get network location services working fully (for all apps not just google apps).

I almost believe it has somehting to do with our tablets ro.fingerprint, and other market related files. But not sure.

Someone helps me figure this out and I will buy you a beer and dinner! Hell I will even put credits on the next versions boot screen for you!

Sooooo many people want this working on our neutered China tablets!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by lisraelson View Post
      You might be in luck, this apk wasn't sourced from my tab, I downloaded it with a group of other gapps and that happened to work on this tablet so I'm hoping it works for you as well.

lisraelson

[ATTACH]167[/ATTACH]

Just a note, I had to change permissions once I dropped it into the system/app folder to allow read/write/execute across the board
      I tried ths and it works ok for me on Bob's 1.4 #1211 rom.

Sent from my NXM726HN using Tapatalk

Comment

It will work for me on Google apps only. Same with my stock Arnova networklocation.apk. However it will not work for non-gapps like acuweather. A lot of us early on fought with this issue for a while with no luck.

Bob

Comment

Just a note on an unrelated subject. Box online cloud storage is giving 50 gigs of storage for life if you sign up for there free service before the 23 of March. It's legit,I signed up. Just look up "box"on the market. (if this is too off topic feel free to trash can it )

Sent from my NXM726HN using Tapatalk

Comment

File does not exist please contact the systems administrator

Tried to download the ROM but got this error "File does not exist please contact the systems administrator". So where can I download it then?

Comment

Originally posted by foorub View Post
              Tried to download the ROM but got this error "File does not exist please contact the systems administrator". So where can I download it then?

Oooops sorry... I moved some files around and forgot to fix this link. It is fixed now. Sorry about that.

Bob

Comment

YF1011 Hangs on Power off

Has anyone had their Nextbook 7 hang on powering off on this rom?

Comment

WiFI issues on YF1011

Just had 1.4 installed. Was able to connect initially. On next reboots Wifi shows error.

Comment

WiFI issues on YF1011 no longer a problem

Originally posted by mansaywise View Post
                    Just had 1.4 installed. Was able to connect initially. On next reboots Wifi shows error.
                    Tried again and connects without any problem. Battery level was perhaps a bit low at time I had connection issues.

Comment

WIFI Issue on YF1011

I get error when trying to turn on wifi. Tried reboot, no good.

Is it normal for the hard keys not to work? ie, home, search, etc...
                      Last edited by k33vn; 04-11-2012, 05:06.

Comment

just wanted to let you know i just flashed a friends 0911 next7p and this rom worked, it even updated the market to google play and allowed me to download Angry birds Space and play it thanks for the good work, also was able to use the soft buttons and wifi

Comment

Another 0911

This ROM works for me as well (running a 0911.188). Took a few minutes to get Google Play to acknowledge the change, but now all apps are up and running (even the ones that the stock image couldn't handle) and the connection is blazing fast. Thank You!

Comment

Many Kudos to Finless Bob

I read carefully Finless's instructions for flashing my new Nextbook 7 Premium and gathered all the software he recommended. Then after taking a deep breath I proceeded with his instructions, step-by-step. In less than ten minutes I was done. Guess what it worked like a charm.

I have flashed many products using instructions fro various people on the net - some worked, some did not.

I can not say enough good things about the remarkable work that Finless Bob did for the benefit of those of us too unskilled to do such on our own.

Congratulations and many thanks to you, young sir, for a job WELL DONE!

May the wind be always at your back and may sunshine fill your life.
                            Phillip

Comment

I know the last thread has been about a year old, but has there been any updates for the Nextbook 7P12-8G for this year?, or do I still follow a year old instructions?.

Well, I guess after unzipping the file and following the instructions, my nextbook 7P12-8G does not show up in the device manager as a rock device, but instead shows as:-

Linux File-Store Gadget USB Device.

And RK29 update doesn't find a rock chip.

Which says, the Nextbook 7P12-8G can not be rooted.

EDIT:
                              I managed to gain root access using Impactor for windows, and guess what?, rooting does nothing for added features, or allowing rooted apps, etc etc, wanna know why?

When my nextbook wasn't rooted, I could download apps from aptoide with no problems at all, but, since I rooted it, every app I try to download from aptoide, I get "Aptoide: Do you want to install Bug Village?", amongst many other apps that want to download, I can't even download titanium backup pro from aptoide, or setcpu from aptoide without getting the want to download apps box, forget google play, they're all pay apps.

Sooo, IMO, rooting does absolutely NOTHING! in regards to added features, etc etc, except to screw it up, so, I'm restoring my nextbook back to factory default (NO ROOT!!!).

Sorry, but I find absolutely no reason to root an android device.
                              Last edited by usalabs; 08-22-2013, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by usalabs View Post
                                I know the last thread has been about a year old, but has there been any updates for the Nextbook 7P12-8G for this year?, or do I still follow a year old instructions?.

Well, I guess after unzipping the file and following the instructions, my nextbook 7P12-8G does not show up in the device manager as a rock device, but instead shows as:-

Linux File-Store Gadget USB Device.

And RK29 update doesn't find a rock chip.

Which says, the Nextbook 7P12-8G can not be rooted.

EDIT:
                                I managed to gain root access using Impactor for windows, and guess what?, rooting does nothing for added features, or allowing rooted apps, etc etc, wanna know why?

When my nextbook wasn't rooted, I could download apps from aptoide with no problems at all, but, since I rooted it, every app I try to download from aptoide, I get "Aptoide: Do you want to install Bug Village?", amongst many other apps that want to download, I can't even download titanium backup pro from aptoide, or setcpu from aptoide without getting the want to download apps box, forget google play, they're all pay apps.

Sooo, IMO, rooting does absolutely NOTHING! in regards to added features, etc etc, except to screw it up, so, I'm restoring my nextbook back to factory default (NO ROOT!!!).

Sorry, but I find absolutely no reason to root an android device.
                                The rom in this thread was for an older model Next7P... The newer Next7P12-8G uses an Amlogic chip instead of a RockChip. I will be releasing some files for the newer Next7P12-8G soon.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X