Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.2.2 for the MK808 & MK808B Development thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wont be able to port it using a 3.0.8+ kernel. I have tried. Not going to work. They changed how the screen and drivers work. But yes if you want top try go ahead!

As for help on how to do it, this thread here explains:

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      You wont be able to port it using a 3.0.8+ kernel. I have tried. Not going to work. They changed how the screen and drivers work. But yes if you want top try go ahead!

As for help on how to do it, this thread here explains:

Bob
      Thank you very much, if you didn't succeed on porting the rom i really have no chances to do it. :P
      I know that thread, i read it when i tried to compile a kernel myself for the mk802iiis.

regards
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

OK so things have changed a lot in 4.2.2

I tried to use the code I made from 1.7 to enable lockscreen in 4.2.2. It simi works but now it seems they have made changes elsewhere. I can get the lockscreen up but it will not come up after waking from sleep.

Multi-user has been neutered by Rikomagic! If you even try to setup another user, it crashes!
        FYI this is on the MK808B. I have not tried on the MK808. Which let me tell you ARE 2 different builds not just a different kernel!!!!!

Rikomagic did somemore work on the MK808B they did not do on the MK808. I will try and see if multi-iuser work on the MK808. But on the B, it crashes when you try to setup another account.

Needless to say, this is like starting over
        All the work I did before is different and will take some time to get these features working again!

Bob

Comment

Multi-user has been neutered by Rikomagic! If you even try to setup another user, it crashes!
          FYI this is on the MK808B. I have not tried on the MK808. Which let me tell you ARE 2 different builds not just a different kernel!!!!!

Rikomagic did somemore work on the MK808B they did not do on the MK808. I will try and see if multi-iuser work on the MK808. But on the B, it crashes when you try to setup another account.
          It "crashes" on MK808 too. But it's strange crash, after very quick self-reboot (about 5-10 sec) lock screen with two or more users shows up. I can switch users, i can see i.e. different wallpaper for every user on lock screen. I can unlock MK808 but i don't know how to bring lock screen back. Lockscreen widgets doesn't work for me.

Comment

Re: 4.2.2 for the MK808 & MK808B Development thread !!!

OK so things have changed a lot in 4.2.2

I tried to use the code I made from 1.7 to enable lockscreen in 4.2.2. It simi works but now it seems they have made changes elsewhere. I can get the lockscreen up but it will not come up after waking from sleep.

Needless to say, this is like starting over
            All the work I did before is different and will take some time to get these features working again!

Bob
            Yes, i tested mk808 4.2.2 Rom, and I feel decepcion, otherwise mk808b 4.2.2. I feel diferent sensation, smoother, more well done rom. I suggest you take the mk808b version to start point.
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by tomek View Post
              It "crashes" on MK808 too. But it's strange crash, after very quick self-reboot (about 5-10 sec) lock screen with two or more users shows up. I can switch users, i can see i.e. different wallpaper for every user on lock screen. I can unlock MK808 but i don't know how to bring lock screen back. Lockscreen widgets doesn't work for me.
              Interesting. On the B ROM after the reboot lockscreen does not come up.
              So I will look at MK808 ROM and see whats different here. After I made code changes I can get lockscreen to come up using a lock widget. But it wont come up on a reboot. It also wont come up after waking from sleep.

Bob

Comment

Nope... same for me on the non-B ROM. After the crash and reboot I do not get the lock screen. Not stock anyway. I will try to implement my code on this and see what happens but it appears the functionality is neutered in the same way between the 2 ROMs.

I think I am going to find a generic 4.2.2 ROM from a tablet and try to learn the changes. Trying to go through this neutered ROM with NO COMMENTS in the code would be futile! I need a generic ROM to look at to see how it is "suppose" to work. If anyone has a suggestions of a good 4.2.2 ROM to work with let me know.

Bob

Comment

Nope... same for me on the non-B ROM. After the crash and reboot I do not get the lock screen. Not stock anyway.
                  OK, figured it out.

1. Add new user, MK will reboot
                  2. Go to Settings -> Users -> click new user from list (not add user button)
                  3. On popup window click -> Set up now (or sth)
                  4. Lock screen will pop up.

Comment

OK I will check that out in a bit.

But maybe it MUST work that way. To add a user it needs to reboot and set itself up for multi user!

Again working on somehting else right now so I will check out your scenario. THANKS!

Bob

Comment

Looking for source

Hi everyone. Sorry for bothering. I currently use MK808B with Finless 1.6a (unfortunately never ones do not support my TV's HDMI mode/resolution) and would like to experiment with some external USB devices I have around. Obviously I would need to build kernel modules for them. So could anybody point me to kernel sources/patches/.config for kernel used in that ROM?

Comment

Working...
                      X