Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY? HOW? should I get XBMC on my MK808 & MK808B

What is XBMC?
    XBMC Media Center is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons. The XBMC project is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation, and developed by volunteers located around the world. Since its creation in 2003 more than 60 software developers have contributed to XBMC, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 40 languages.

What can XBMC do?

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback, so you can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available. Use your media as-is: XBMC can play CDs and DVDs directly from the disk or image file, almost all popular archive formats from your hard drive. XBMC will scan all of your media and create a personalized library complete with boxcovers, descriptions, and fanart. There are playlist and slideshow functions, a weather forecast feature and many audio visualizations. Once installed, your computer will become a fully functional multimedia jukebox.

Can XBMC get me nice chicks?

Definitely NOT!

Further reading here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_FAQ

Recent polls shows 75% people want XBMC on their MK808, polls conducted by minitvstick.com http://www.minitvstick.com/blog/xbmc-whats-that/

How to get XBMC?
    Superman Bob already included libstagefright.so in 1.7 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3857-NEW-MK808-quot-all-models-quot-Finless-1-7 so you do not have reflash it. Just download the Hardware acceleration built of 19-Feb. and get into the world of "Couch Potatoes", its an apk file so just install through explorer. Here is the link,
    http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/ after installing XBMC watch below videos to add addons

How to install addons?

Here are the most popular Add-on's d/l links:
    1) NAVI-X http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/download/13/
    2) 1CHANNEL http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/download/4/
    3) ICE FILMS http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/download/3/

NAVI-X

IceFilms and 1Channel

Have fun!
    Last edited by dark_angel; 03-28-2013, 22:50.

Re: Got MK808, Got Finless 1.7 on it, Now what? Get XBMC! What the hack is that??

excellent post. also you have added the best pluggins.

what i can add if some one is interested is how to use mx player as a default video player if you dont have a mk808 finless 1.7 rom installed.

also we can add the un official repository of pluggins http://fusion.xbmchub.com”

Sent from my MOMO11 四核 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Got MK808, Got Finless 1.7 on it, Now what? Get XBMC! What the hack is that??

here are some steps for guys that don't have that version. or interested in having the plugin repository. note you can install the oficial version or this other. you need to play and select the one you are interested.

article
      For those of you who don’t yet know what the MK802 is, get ready for a treat. The MK802 is an Android TV stick that resembles a USB Memory Stick, but instead of having a USB output at the end, it had an HDMI output. You basically just plug it into its Micro USB power source (identical to a BlackBerry charger) then plug it directly into one of the HDMI inputs located on the side (or back using an HDMI extender cable) of your television afterwards.

Voila, you’ll have the whole Android operating system on your television, meaning you’ll be able to watch XBMC as easy as that. There is no remote control sold with most MK802 devices, so you can either plug a USB mouse or keyboard into it, or even a wireless mouse with a USB transceiver dongle, which is what we used. Before we get started, we’d like to note that the final way of installing XBMC in the future will be much easier, this is simply an interim solution until the XBMC foundation releases their official hardware decoding.

HOW TO INSTALL XBMC NIGHTLY WITH EXTERNAL PLAYER ON THE MK802 STICK OR OTHER ANDROID TV DEVICES

Step 1: Plug your new MK802 device into the Micro USB Wall Charger power supply, along with mouse or USB transceiver dongle, and then plug it into the side HDMI input on your television.

Step 2 : Once booted, click on the small white rectangle made up of six squares in the top right corner of the screen, this will open the “Applications” menu on your Android device.

Step 3: Open the “Settings” icon.

Step 4: Scroll down the left side menu until you’ve reached “Date & time” under the “SYSTEM” menu tab, and set the “Select time zone” field to “GMT -05:00 Eastern Standard Time” for those in the New York time zone.

Step 5: Optionally, under “Developer options” on the left side menu, check “Don’t keep activities” to enable that. It will help optimize your device’s performance.

Step 6: Scroll back up the left side menu until you’ve reached the “Wi-Fi” tab under the “WIRELESS & NETWORKS” then flick the switch on the top right corner to “ON” and after a few seconds choose your wireless network, enter the security key, and wait for the device to connect to your home network.

Step 7: Return to the “Applications” menu by clicking the right button on your remote a few times, or click the back arrow at the bottom of your screen until brought back to where we started.

Step 8: Launch the “Play Store” application icon, then login to your Google (or gmail) account or create a new one if you don’t already have one.

Step 9: Press the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner of the Play Store to initiate the search function.

Step 10: Search for an application called “File Manager HD” and install it to your device.

Step 11: Go back and search for an application called “MX Player” and install that to your device as well.

Step 12: Launch the “MX Player” application, go to the “Settings” menu in the top right corner of the window, and under the “Decoder” menu, disable hardware plus (HW+) decoding for each of the available options, and disable software (SW) decoding all around as well.

Step 13: Go back to the “Applications” menu, open the “Web Browser” and navigate to “www.xbmcandroid.com” (without quotations obvioulsy) from the address bar of the web browser. You’ll then want to click on the “Downloads” link at the top.

Step 14: Choose the latest XAF Touch APK “xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2012-12-23-full-neon-xaf-set_top-6b685740e102bf267c540cae21d54bb2dbf17ec1.apk” link from the front page “Featured” listing, and then click it again on the next page to download. Wait a few minutes for it to prompt you that download is complete.

Step 15: Go back to the Downloads listing page, choose the “playercorefactory.xml” file and download it as well. Wait a few seconds for it to prompt you that download is complete.

Step 16: Return to the main “Applications” menu, and choose the “Downloads” folder icon, then click on the “xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2012-12-23-full-neon-xaf-set_top-6b685740e102bf267c540cae21d54bb2dbf17ec1.apk” file and choose to “Install” it to your device.

Step 17: Once install is complete, choose “Open” at the prompt to launch XBMC on your Android device for the first time.

Step 18: Exit XBMC by clicking on the square button similar to a power button at the lower left of the screen then choose the “Exit” option when prompted to return to the main menu.

Step 19: Launch the “File Manager HD” application from the “Applications” menu.

Step 20: On the right side of the application window, open the “Downloads” folder, then click and hold the “playercorefactory.xml” file until a popup menu is displayed.

Step 21: Choose the “Copy” option from the popup prompt.

Step 22: Press on the “Back” button at the top right of the application window.

Step 23: Open the “Android” folder, followed by the “data” folder on the next page.

Step 24: Next, go into the “org.xbmc.xbmc” folder, followed by the “files” folder, then the “.xbmc” folder, and finally the “userdata” folder.

Step 25: Click on the “Paste” button at the top right of the application window, then scroll down to make sure that the “playercorefactory.xml” file is now located in that folder.

Step 26: Go back to the main “Applications” menu, and launch “XBMC” again.

Step 27: Navigate to the “File Manager” menu under the “SETTINGS” tab.

Step 28: Double click on the “Add source” option on the Left Side of the screen.

Step 29: Click on the text box that says to open up the keyboard.

Step 30: Type “http://fusion.xbmchub.com” (without quotations) on the keyboard and then choose the “Done” button on the left side of the keyboard.

Step 31: You’ll now see the site address that you just typed at the top is listed, next click the empty text box at the bottom under “Enter a name for this media Source.”

Step 32: You’ll now have a keyboard pop up, type “fusion” (without quotations) then press the “Done” button again.

Step 33: Press the “OK” button at the bottom in order to save the new file source.

Step 34:
      You can now return to the Main Menu by pressing the back button at the bottom of the screen.

Step 35: From the Main Menu, choose “Settings” under the “SYSTEM” menu listing.

Step 36: Choose the “Add-ons” menu from the left side of the window.

Step 37: Select the “Install from zip file” option from the list.

Step 38: Choose the “fusion” folder listed on the right side of the popup.

Step 39: Within Fusion, navigate to the “video” folder, followed by the “repositories” subfolder.

Step 40: Click each of the XBMC addon repositories you wish to install, such as “1channel-repository.bstrdsmkr-0.0.3.zip,” “repository.xbmchub-1.0.0.zip,” and the “Navi-X_v37_6.zip” compressed files. You’ll have to repeat this step only from the beginning for each repository you install from ZIP file.

Step 41: Select the “Get Add-ons” option now.

Step 42: Open “Bstrdsmkr’s Repository” followed by “Video Add-ons” and then “Install” the “1Channel Plugin” video addon. For the 1Channel addon specifically, you’ll might want to click the “Configure” button, uncheck “Use meta data” then press the “Ok” button.

Step 43: Go back two levels and do the same with the “XBMCHUB.com Addon Repository” and the “XBMC.org Add-ons” as you desire.

Step 44: Once you’ve enabled all your chosen addons, wait about five minutes for the whole XBMC system to update itself and its components.

Step 45: Go back one menu level to the “Settings” main menu under the “SYSTEM” tab.

Step 46: Scroll down to the “SYSTEM” submenu on the left side and then choose the “Audio output” tab. Change the “Audio output” option from “Analog” to “Optical/Coax” instead.

Step 47: Exit XBMC once again, and after a few seconds relaunch the “XBMC” application.

Step 48: Go to the “Add-ons” tab under the “VIDEOS” menu.

Step 49: Open the “1Channel” video addon.

Step 50: Use it as you wish, remember that the best sources are always PutLocker, SockShare, MovPod, VideoWeed, GorillaVid, FileNuke and FileBox. Sometimes certain sources won’t work, that’s normal, just choose another.

Step 51: Jump with Joy, XBMC is Configured. If you have problems when video is playing, click the window while it’s playing to pause and make sure that it says “H/W” in the top right corner of the display, not “S/W” and if it does you can just click it to change it, then click in the middle of the screen to replay the video.

Congratulations! Now your MK802 or other Android device can spend some time out of its box in your drawer. Hope you enjoy this workaround to use hardware decoding with XBMC until it’s officially launched. We suggest visit our forums and our friends at XBMC HUB for more XBMC related help and information.

source http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2012/12/1...id-tv-devices/

Last edited by tatubias; 03-25-2013, 20:25.

Comment

in this page are tons of non oficial repositories.

Comment

this 2 repositories are excellent

tvalacarta has tons of tv channels
          Para ver la televisión por Internet, a la carta y desde tu media center. Andalucía, TVE, Barcelona, Antena 3, Extremadura, TV3, TVG, Canal Plus TV, Mallorca TV, RTVV, ETB.

pelisalacarta has tons of streaming movies and series
          Un plugin para ver online peliculas, documentales, series y anime desde tu media center favorito. Compatible con XBMC, Plex, Boxee, WiiMC y Dreambox.

Comment

XBMC youtube "url not found" or "plugin youtube failed" HELP Please

Great thread, I love XBMC but have been struggling with youtube. Hoping you can help solve this youtube issue. I expect others are having the same issue because my current install is pretty much default expect for the playcorefactory which I believe effects only the video players not youtube.I have been playing with many of the XBMC builds for my mk808 and have yet to get any to run youtube within XBMC using the video add-on. Every time I get the "url not found" error. Currently I am using a XAF set top build and Bob's new 4.2.2 - 2.0 ROM for the mk808. This build runs really well and rarely crashes. The problem is that with so much youtube content not having a working youtube video player limits a lot of use. I have installed a custom playcorefactory.xml that effectively calls my archos video player that can use hardware decoding and plays HW+ content well. So I can play most movies and TED, channel 1, playfreeTV, Ice but if a content opens the youtube player window and I continue I receive the "url not found" error. I am able to use the stand alone youtube player I downloaded from the play store, version 4.3.9. I just tried again to use the xbmc youtube add-on and now it won't run and gives "plugin youtube failed error". Has anyone got the xbmc youtube add-on to work? Could there be a mismatch in the version xbmc is trying to call and the one we download from the playstore? When I use my text editor to open xbmc configuration files for youtube I see reference to old version numbers and I don't know enough to know if this is the problem. Also from the XAF forum I know to enable debug logging to log the errors to submit for support but when I do the new debugging info shown at the top of the display seems to indicate the location of the log file but I can't find it on my mk808. I have tried to add the directory and folders displayed but no log files end up there? Is there a way to change the destination of the log file. Yes I have enabled view hidden files. Thanks again for starting a thread for our XBMC users specific to our Freektab use. Cheers, Joe

Comment

Originally posted by showkit View Post
              Great thread, I love XBMC but have been struggling with youtube. Hoping you can help solve this youtube issue. I expect others are having the same issue because my current install is pretty much default expect for the playcorefactory which I believe effects only the video players not youtube.I have been playing with many of the XBMC builds for my mk808 and have yet to get any to run youtube within XBMC using the video add-on. Every time I get the "url not found" error. Currently I am using a XAF set top build and Bob's new 4.2.2 - 2.0 ROM for the mk808. This build runs really well and rarely crashes. The problem is that with so much youtube content not having a working youtube video player limits a lot of use. I have installed a custom playcorefactory.xml that effectively calls my archos video player that can use hardware decoding and plays HW+ content well. So I can play most movies and TED, channel 1, playfreeTV, Ice but if a content opens the youtube player window and I continue I receive the "url not found" error. I am able to use the stand alone youtube player I downloaded from the play store, version 4.3.9. I just tried again to use the xbmc youtube add-on and now it won't run and gives "plugin youtube failed error". Has anyone got the xbmc youtube add-on to work? Could there be a mismatch in the version xbmc is trying to call and the one we download from the playstore? When I use my text editor to open xbmc configuration files for youtube I see reference to old version numbers and I don't know enough to know if this is the problem. Also from the XAF forum I know to enable debug logging to log the errors to submit for support but when I do the new debugging info shown at the top of the display seems to indicate the location of the log file but I can't find it on my mk808. I have tried to add the directory and folders displayed but no log files end up there? Is there a way to change the destination of the log file. Yes I have enabled view hidden files. Thanks again for starting a thread for our XBMC users specific to our Freektab use. Cheers, Joe

GUI Settings most common method
              in Settings -> System -> Debugging toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

log path -> The first folder might be different on various devices: <data/sdcard/Android>/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log

more info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

Comment

FOund It!

tatubias, I found I also needed to check all the Root Settings in ES explorer. I had already enabled show hidden files but for some reason I needed to enable up to root and Mount File SYstem. Maybe ES explorer was saying to allow all file root access I needed to check the box up to root (prior I was just accessing root via Favorites?) Now I can copy the log and submit to XAF. Have you experienced this issue? Thanks, Joe
                Originally posted by tatubias View Post
                GUI Settings most common method
                in Settings -> System -> Debugging toggle the Enable debug logging setting.

log path -> The first folder might be different on various devices: <data/sdcard/Android>/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log

more info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

Comment

Originally posted by showkit View Post
                  tatubias, I found I also needed to check all the Root Settings in ES explorer. I had already enabled show hidden files but for some reason I needed to enable up to root and Mount File SYstem. Maybe ES explorer was saying to allow all file root access I needed to check the box up to root (prior I was just accessing root via Favorites?) Now I can copy the log and submit to XAF. Have you experienced this issue? Thanks, Joe
                  check for a "log Sender" pluggin. it automaticaly sends your log thought email.

es explorer its not bad at all but im more confident with Root Explorer.

Comment

4 Easy ways to get and post the log file

4.1 Debug log add-on

You can use the XBMC Log Uploaderto make the process of getting your debug log easier.

BTW: IT WORKS I HAVE ALLREADY USED IT

5.1 Layout

Each event is logged to one line of the XBMC log file which is formatted as follows...

[TIMESTAMP] T:[THREADID] M:[FREEMEM] [LEVEL]: [MESSAGE]
                    • TIMESTAMP - The wall time at which the event occurred.
                    • THREADID - The thread identification number of the thread in which the event occurred.
                    • FREEMEM - The amount of memory (in bytes) free at the time of the event.
                    • LEVEL - The severity of the event.
                    • MESSAGE - A brief description and/or important information about the event.

5.2 Log levels

There are two different types levels when talking about the XBMC log. The first is the severity of event that has occurred. The second controls which severity levels are actually printed out to the log.
                    Severity levels In order from least to most severe...
                    • DEBUG - In depth information about the status of XBMC. This information can pretty much only be deciphered by a developer or long time XBMC power user.
                    • INFO - Something has happened. It's not a problem, we just thought you might want to know. Fairly excessive output that most people won't care about.
                    • NOTICE - Similar to INFO but the average Joe might want to know about these events. This level and above are logged by default.
                    • WARNING - Something potentially bad has happened. If XBMC did something you didn't expect, this is probably why. Watch for errors to follow.
                    • ERROR - This event is bad. Something has failed. You likely noticed problems with the application be it skin artifacts, failure of playback a crash, etc.
                    • FATAL - We're screwed. XBMC is about to crash.

Log file control levels In order from least to most information provided...
                    • None - No logging will occur. xbmc.log will likely be created but should remain empty.
                    • Normal - The default loglevel. Events with a severity of NOTICE or greater will be logged.
                    • Debug - All events are logged. This level (or higher) is all that you should bother someone else with.
                    • Debug w/ Visuals - Same printed log as Debug, but free memory and CPU usage are rendered on the screen as well.
                    • SMB Debug - Same as Debug w/ Visuals with the addition of ridiculous amounts of Samba debugging info. Use this only if asked.

Comment

Keep in mind that i has been relaeased a new updated version of xbmc

Current Stable Release: 12.1 “Frodo”

Android download: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/and...rmeabi-v7a.apk

How to install xbmc: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...MC_for_Android

Release notes:
                      About a month and a half after the release of XBMC 12.0, we are happy to announce XBMC 12.1 with substantial fixes for 12.0 across all platforms. Fixes include:
                      • XBMC now supports using OSX’s default output device for audio as well as hardware decoding with Intel GPUs in OSX
                      • XBMC no longer hogs audio for Linux and on resume audio will continue to work in Linux
                      • Full iPhone 5 resolution is now enabled
                      • Volume buttons on Android devices now control Android volume, rather than XBMC volume
                      • Volume buttons on OSX devices once again control OSX volume, rather than XBMC volume
                      • Player optimization on the Raspberry Pi, including more efficient playback, better subtitle support, and many crash fixes
                      • iOS 6 support on the AppleTV 2.
                      • XBMC does not crash when listed on the AppleTV top shelf
                      • Added support for additional Xbox 360 controller types
                      • Broader and more intelligent support for CEC devices
                      • Fixed problems with several addons due to broken binary read/write in our python interface
                      • Language fixes, including 7 new languages: Albanian, Burmese, Malay, Persian (Iran), Tamil (India), Uzbek, Vietnamese
                      • AirPlay fixes, including making discovery of XBMC more reliable on OSX
                      • Numerous crashing and stability fixes across all platforms

For all users interested in maximum stability, we highly recommend that you update from 12.0 to 12.1. This is the XBMC you were looking for.

Comment

Hardware acceleration?

Does the new stable release (12.1 “Frodo”) support hardware acceleration/libstagefright? If not, what is the latest version that does?

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayhome View Post
                          Does the new stable release (12.1 “Frodo”) support hardware acceleration/libstagefright? If not, what is the latest version that does?

Thanks for all the info!
                          i have tested it seams that it does not have the libstagefright patsch.

i have allready ask into xbmc for a version compiled with listagefright included

Comment

here you have version 12 that supports libstagefright

Comment

Originally posted by Wayhome View Post

Thanks for all the info!
                              XBMC release note does not say anything about it http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/03/18/xbmc-12-1-now-even-better/
                              However the most stable XBMC HW Accl built I found is mentioned in OP (first post), download link is also available in OP.

GL

D_A

Comment

Working...
                              X