No announcement yet.

Better WiFi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the available driver sources only let you connect using -Dwext so I have done some rewrighting on the source so now we can connect using -Dnl81211 which means we do not have to eddit boot.img. The file below is the compiled driver rtl8192su.ko is built for kernels 3.0.36+

Comment

Re: Better WiFi!

Originally posted by sam321 View Post
      the available driver sources only let you connect using -Dwext so I have done some rewrighting on the source so now we can connect using -Dnl81211 which means we do not have to eddit boot.img. The file below is the compiled driver rtl8192su.ko is built for kernels 3.0.36+
      http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NTA1Nw/
      Good work sam321, thanks a lot.

leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by sam321 View Post
        http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NTA1Nw/
        will this driver work with latest 4.2.2 rom for rikomagik MK802IIIS 8GBBT ?
        I need to know because I use an external usb wifi dongle based on 8192su , to make bt and wifi work together and to improve wifi reception.

I'm actually using Neomode 1.7 rom for my MK802IIIS dongle and the 8172.ko module and the external wifi dongle works flawlessly

Thanks

Comment

if everything is ok now I do not see any reason to switch your driver, the driver above will work on any rk3188 based sticks, but will probably work on rk3066 based sticks as long as the kernel is 3.0.36+. If anybody wants the driver source just pm me as I am still working on getting the best performance out of it as I did have to change quite a bit of code to get it working

Comment

I asked the question, because the 1.7 Neomode rom is based on android 4.1.1

So do you think the driver , I'm currently using will work on 4.2.2 rikomagic stock firmware ?

Comment

I tried the module I used on neomode 1.7 (android 4.1.1) 8712u.ko for my wifi usb dongle with insmod on new rikomagik MK802IIIS stock 4.2.2 firmware and I doesn't work insmod says exec format error, tha same error I get for virtual_touchscreen.ntts.ko (useful to make touch profile with sixaxis controller app) , can someone compile these drivers for 4.2.2 and tell me how to make them start on booting cause 4.2.2 stock rikomagic firmware don't seem to support init.d

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Black View Post
                I tried the module I used on neomode 1.7 (android 4.1.1) 8712u.ko for my wifi usb dongle with insmod on new rikomagik MK802IIIS stock 4.2.2 firmware and I doesn't work insmod says exec format error, tha same error I get for virtual_touchscreen.ntts.ko (useful to make touch profile with sixaxis controller app) , can someone compile these drivers for 4.2.2 and tell me how to make them start on booting cause 4.2.2 stock rikomagic firmware don't seem to support init.d

thanks
                what is the kernel 3.0.36? or 3.0.8? the module that sam321 get compiled is for 3.0.36 kernels.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)
                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

the driver from sam don't give errors with insmod , but don't work reading dmesg log , there some error about insufficent privileges and link not ready , if i can , I'll post the log

Comment

Re: Better WiFi!

Originally posted by Lucky Black View Post
                    the driver from sam don't give errors with insmod , but don't work reading dmesg log , there some error about insufficent privileges and link not ready , if i can , I'll post the log
                    Yes pls, the log will help.

leolas
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

Here il my dmsg log after the insmod of the driver

dmesg.txt

Comment

so I had just about finished optimizing the driver and I was going through the config of the kernel, and I cannot believe it, the drivers are included in the kernel source it just needs enabling, It does not work as well as mine though, in my opinion. But effectively I have wasted about two days

Comment

Hey guys, I have a Rk3066 rockchip based mini pc.

I broke the wifi antena while trying to improve it, like many others.

edit: I read this thread one more time and found I need 3.0.36 kernel. I also read there is a work in progress for some drivers.

Will these drivers work with any wifi usb adapter? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X