Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBMC - Hardware Accelerated Decoding - What works and what doesn't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxhenri View Post
    Has anyone gotten XMBC working with HW acceleration when it comes to addons? The stagefright builds doesn't do the job for me since 720p streams are stuttering which must mean it's not using the GPU, and the builds using external players are not viable for addons since not all will let you select an external player.
    Are you using the advancedsettings.xml? One of the advantage of using the internal player is that is should work much better with plugins compared to external players.
    You can also check by pressing O during playback if your cache/buffer stays filled and it's not a connection problem. Sometimes it looks the same.
    - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
    - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
    - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Abducted View Post
      Are you using the advancedsettings.xml? One of the advantage of using the internal player is that is should work much better with plugins compared to external players.
      You can also check by pressing O during playback if your cache/buffer stays filled and it's not a connection problem. Sometimes it looks the same.
      I haven't tried advancedsettings.xml. Reason is that I tried earlier builds of stagefright, before the XMBC guys build in the restrictions that advancedsettings.xml will lift. And with the earlier builds I was having trouble playing anything at all, especially SD quality would just be lines of differeing colour.
      So I figured advancedsettings.xml would give me the same problems?

Comment

Did try advancedsettings.xml with no change. When streaming the video I am testing and pressing O, it tells me that it's 1920x800 and both CPU's are running at 0% so maybe it is using the GPU. But still the FPS I'm getting is moving all the time between 15-25 FPS

Comment

Did try advancedsettings.xml with no change. When streaming the video I am testing and pressing O, it tells me that it's 1920x800 and both CPU's are running at 0% so maybe it is using the GPU. But still the FPS I'm getting is moving all the time between 15-25 FPS
          The gotham alpha build CPU indicator does not work, try the 19-2 hwaccel build.

Comment

Originally posted by CannaBioD View Post
            The gotham alpha build CPU indicator does not work, try the 19-2 hwaccel build.
            Yes and also the amount of cached data doesn't work. Check both.

I just realised there are different versions of libstagefreight, maybe the ROM you're using uses one that doesn't work quite well? Also try playing the files with the governor at performance, i've noticed when the using (most) scaling governors they seem to scale too slow. Even when using an overclocked kernel (1.6Ghz) i often get a few dropped frames. While performance locked at 816mhz plays fine or hotplug governor also seems to work well for me.
            - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
            - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.

Comment

Yes and also the amount of cached data doesn't work. Check both.

I just realised there are different versions of libstagefreight, maybe the ROM you're using uses one that doesn't work quite well? Also try playing the files with the governor at performance, i've noticed when the using (most) scaling governors they seem to scale too slow. Even when using an overclocked kernel (1.6Ghz) i often get a few dropped frames. While performance locked at 816mhz plays fine or hotplug governor also seems to work well for me.
              I use Finless 1.7c. This rom uses a modified libstagefright from rockchip.

Comment

BTW what device are you using?

Comment

Abducted i have 3 questions:

-How could you get finless1.7a+2darku4 UG802 kernel working ? i have ug007 (not ug007II)
                  When i flash finless 1.7a for imito mx1 and UG802 kernel it doesn't work and get stuck in Boot screen?

-When you use this combo will you still have the new modified libstagefright.so ? or it will be replaced
                  By the old one inside the 2dark4u kernel?

-Can you please post links to the kernels/roms combo you are using so i can get the same Combo as yours?

Sorry for too many questions , i hate to waste your time but i really tried to make this Combo work so many times without success.

Comment

Re: XBMC - Hardware Accelerated Decoding - What works and what doesn't.

Originally posted by CannaBioD View Post
                    I use Finless 1.7c. This rom uses a modified libstagefright from rockchip.
                    Are you sure? I thought 1.7 roms don't have the new libstagefrigh, but I am not sure.
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

From the MK808(B) 1.7 ROM thread:
                      Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
                      I have added this to the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
                      So i was under the assumption it was the new version too.

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post
                        Abducted i have 3 questions:

-How could you get finless1.7a+2darku4 UG802 kernel working ? i have ug007 (not ug007II)
                        When i flash finless 1.7a for imito mx1 and UG802 kernel it doesn't work and get stuck in Boot screen?

-When you use this combo will you still have the new modified libstagefright.so ? or it will be replaced
                        By the old one inside the 2dark4u kernel?

-Can you please post links to the kernels/roms combo you are using so i can get the same Combo as yours?

Sorry for too many questions , i hate to waste your time but i really tried to make this Combo work so many times without success.
                        No problem

- I used the 2dark4u kernel found here in the UG802 ROM 1.7 by Finless and 2Dark4U together. 2Dark4U also released a ROM by himself, but for some reason those kernels dont work for me. I guess the same combination should work for your UG007 too. Just be aware that with the overclock kernels you either place a heatsink or limit the CPU clockspeed at all times. All the kernels in that ROM worked for me except the ones with the GPU clocked at 500mhz and the RAM at 1320mhz.

- The libstagefright.se is in the in the system.img if i'm not mistaken, it's not build into the kernel. So if you replace the kernel you wont change anything about the libstagefright.so

- The iMito MX1/2 1.7 ROM
                        And the UG802 Finless/2Dark4U 1.7 ROM

Comment

That was quick , thanks abducted for the detailed info , i will try this combo , thanks again

Comment

BTW what device are you using?
                            I'm using the MK802IIIS device with 1.7a.
                            Tried the 19-02 XBMC build, and CPU cores are doing 100 % while streaming the 1980x800 video from the addon, while cache is at 100 %. Although silly me I thought I was streaming a 1280x720p video I tested it out on a 1280x720p video and it runs okay. It's playing between 23-24 fps, but sometimes drops real quick to 15 fps, also cache is at 100 % and loaded a long time ahead. Would be nice to get at least 720p streaming without frame drops

Comment

Are you using a 1080p kernel or 720p kernel? And what 1.7 exactly are you using? For the MK802IIIS or the iMito MX1/2 (because if i'm not mistaken that one is also compatible with the MK802IIIS)

With a 720p kernel i expect even 1920x800 to play fine. Also since your CPU is running at 100% on both cores i dont think it's using GPU decoding but still CPU decoding (or maybe your CPU is locked to a very low clockspeed).

When i playback 1920x1080p on a (overclocked) 1080p kernel i get about 50% CPU load on each core. And that's with the CPU running at about 1Ghz

Comment

Are you using a 1080p kernel or 720p kernel? And what 1.7 exactly are you using? For the MK802IIIS or the iMito MX1/2 (because if i'm not mistaken that one is also compatible with the MK802IIIS)

With a 720p kernel i expect even 1920x800 to play fine. Also since your CPU is running at 100% on both cores i dont think it's using GPU decoding but still CPU decoding (or maybe your CPU is locked to a very low clockspeed).

When i playback 1920x1080p on a (overclocked) 1080p kernel i get about 50% CPU load on each core. And that's with the CPU running at about 1Ghz
                                I'm using 1.7a for the iMito MX1/2, with the 720p kernel for that rom. Haven't done anything with CPU speeds, so it should be scaling to 1.2. You tested playback through an addon, or was it as "local" video file?

Comment

Working...
                                X