Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBMC - Hardware Accelerated Decoding - What works and what doesn't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBMC - Hardware Accelerated Decoding - What works and what doesn't.

by the moment does not work as its expected we need to wait or install external player

Sent from my MOMO11 四核 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

For me all seems to work except videos over 1920x816 resolution.
      - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
      - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
      - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

I've installed february XBMC hwaccel Version, created the advancedsettings.xml and I've a strange problem, Youtube 720p trailer videos do not start... XBMC download them, but the videos are stopped...

Comment

xbmc versions

I read the xbmc versions FAQ .. but I'm still confused. Should the "frodo" version work with MXPlayer and hw accel?

I got the playercorefactory.xml, but XBMC won't play videos now.

( the original XAF "easy" build worked fine, but I wanted to try to upgrade to the latest stable XBMC )

Not sure I'm ready for the "Gotham" unstable/nightly version.

I was getting XBMC from here, which seemed the most official to me.

edit - the how-to here suggests using nightlies/test builds from here:

Is that the only way to get the HW accel builds, and if so, anyone have an opinion on the most updated but still stable version from that source?

thanks

Comment

Nightles have external player suport.

Everything is possible if we work together!
            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
              Nightles have external player suport.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/
              and only the nightlies then? i guess i'll try em and see how they work!

thx

Comment

Hrrm.. I am able to get decent framerates for 1080p using Finless 1.8 w/ 2dark's 1274 OC kernel (1080p). Higher bitrates of 1080p makes the playback choppy, but I only see an issue for movies that are >7gig or so.

I think its probably just a matter of weeks until this puppy can decode as well as my Pivos Xios.

What worries me the most is the lack of development for an Android audio passthrough and other support for multi-channel audio. Not sure if this purely ROM work, or requires something further from XBMC.

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
                  Hrrm.. I am able to get decent framerates for 1080p using Finless 1.8 w/ 2dark's 1274 OC kernel (1080p). Higher bitrates of 1080p makes the playback choppy, but I only see an issue for movies that are >7gig or so.

I think its probably just a matter of weeks until this puppy can decode as well as my Pivos Xios.

What worries me the most is the lack of development for an Android audio passthrough and other support for multi-channel audio. Not sure if this purely ROM work, or requires something further from XBMC.
                  I did a fair bit of reading about DTS passthrough as well, and it seems to be a rockchip driver issue. I don't think the ROM guys can help much - the closed source driver from rockchip is the stumbling block. ( at least that was my take ) Right now that's the biggest bummer - really the only thing holding the MK808 back from being every bit as good as a WDTV or Roku or whatever. ( although its better in so many other ways it almost makes up for it ... except for wasting that nice surround sound capability of our receivers and audio systems! )

Comment

Ya, kills me that AC'97 can do 5.1 (or more) but this cant even do a passthrough...

Comment

Soon! Minix 5.1 Firmware
                      - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
                      - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.

Comment

Great stuff, linked this thread on my FAQ thread.
                        Currently Using:
                        2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                        Retired Devices:
                        MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Updated/Re-wrote the opening post 23-4-13.
                          Last edited by Abducted; 04-24-2013, 10:01.

Comment

I found a linux version with Mali400 HW accelerated drivers and XBMC pre installed,
                            They say that XBMC in this linux distribution is HW Acelerated , you can find it here:
                            http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/5562.../page__st__100

Post No. 109

ALso there is another distribution (Ubuntu 12.10) with Mali400 HW accelerated drivers
                            but without XBMC (But i think without XBMC ) here:
                            http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/6365..._1#entry725394

It didn't work for me for some reason , but you can try it and see if XBMC in this distribution
                            Can handle 1920x1080 without overclocking.

Comment

Has anyone gotten XMBC working with HW acceleration when it comes to addons? The stagefright builds doesn't do the job for me since 720p streams are stuttering which must mean it's not using the GPU, and the builds using external players are not viable for addons since not all will let you select an external player.

Comment

Thanks for the info. This would be oke if you want to use the device just for XBMC and dont mind about loosing Android. However it says "have phun width xbmc! best performance in 1280x720 with 56fps"
                                Not sure if that's video decoding FPS or the FPS of XBMC itself. Either way i think we got about that same result already with 720p kernels. With a stock 720p kernel i get 62fps in XBMC and can play videos with a resolution up to 1920x1008 (when using 720p50hz).
                                So im not sure if this would solve the need to overclock when using true 1920x1080 display resolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X