No announcement yet.

Need suggestion on usb to rj45 ethernet adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the Bobjgear usb to rj-45 on the way...
    high hopes for it capability...
    is anyone running one of these???
    :-)
    rc

Comment

R: Need suggestion on usb to rj45 ethernet adapter

yes I have it.
      if you read some post backward I made a test.
      bie

Comment

I got this one

Thanks to a suggestion from wj4droids ,I got this one:

Its the ASIX one:

[ 6858.292156] usb 2-2.1.2: new high-speed USB device number 16 using ehci_hcd
        [ 6858.384897] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0b95, idProduct=772a
        [ 6858.384904] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
        [ 6858.384908] usb 2-2.1.2: Product: AX88x72A
        [ 6858.384912] usb 2-2.1.2: Manufacturer: ASIX Elec. Corp.
        [ 6858.384915] usb 2-2.1.2: SerialNumber: 000002

HIGH-SPEED, and I get my full ethernet speeds now. $6.80 ain't bad - just don't be in a rush when you order from DX. ( And like ****, I suppose there's some risk of not getting the item described )

Thanks

Comment

Looks is Looks... :-)

and the price is right!

As you have said, Yours works quite well, with good speed results, yet it is a crap shoot if anyone else will even get the same product! I won't get into bashing, yet there does not seem to be much continuity.

I dropped more $'s on the BobJgear.. looks pretty much the same... I dunno who is cloning who, or which might be a 2nd run, badged, or ??? lol

Crazy, huh???

My rc-11 airmouse came in just the other day, so I should repair the broken WiFi antenna on my mk808 and assemble the pieces... I'm going to use a 6.3CM dipole as described elsewhere for the WiFi and just let whatever in the circuitry act as the groundplane for it... the solder tab for the opposite antenna leg IS the negative circuit trace and does go to the shield of the OTG port and such... haven't traced it any further than that.

Yet, I intend to do as Finless and use an rj-45 hardwired connection rather than relying upon WiFi.
          ...just because I can...

Best
          rc

Comment

Originally posted by rustycase View Post
            Looks is Looks... :-)

and the price is right!

As you have said, Yours works quite well, with good speed results, yet it is a crap shoot if anyone else will even get the same product! I won't get into bashing, yet there does not seem to be much continuity.

I dropped more $'s on the BobJgear.. looks pretty much the same... I dunno who is cloning who, or which might be a 2nd run, badged, or ??? lol

Crazy, huh???

My rc-11 airmouse came in just the other day, so I should repair the broken WiFi antenna on my mk808 and assemble the pieces... I'm going to use a 6.3CM dipole as described elsewhere for the WiFi and just let whatever in the circuitry act as the groundplane for it... the solder tab for the opposite antenna leg IS the negative circuit trace and does go to the shield of the OTG port and such... haven't traced it any further than that.

Yet, I intend to do as Finless and use an rj-45 hardwired connection rather than relying upon WiFi.
            ...just because I can...

Best
            rc
            Funny you should mention it ... was working great ... then ... connection lost, and now it won't register. I tried it on my desktop and same thing. Its dead. You get what you pay for.....!

Comment

Every time that happens to me, (and it's NOT infrequently), I recall a movie-clip word of wisdom...

'The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient.'

:-)
              rc

Comment

Stay on wifi with almost same results if not better,my solution

i read all post and do my own test... wifi built in seem not to be the problem i'm sure now. i suspect first the android APIs drop from the linux side of roms (it's not a hardware problem). Could happen for many other reasons.

keep in mind a bad power supply could lead to have unstable usb device and system too. but i've got a good psu. by the way not strange that an OS doesn't have almost any driver support for the device choice of customer. That really painfull to have a section in a forum such as ''Working material device list'' but almost never out-the-box plug and play. A way or tactic to form stronger programmer kids and moms ? the darkdroid side

http://developer.android.com/ have to work a lot this great os to port some more usb device support. usb wlan at least, but it would really resolve the matter ? i'm not so sure.
                rockchip mk808b kernel source code could be a great start btw. Home Devel like finless could be the solution to our pain. They have to learn the new droid language everyday. MANY THX TO DEVEL.

anyway, wifi stable 4,79 MB/s i've got now. that' ok for me and maybe should be for you... look there:

Regards

Comment

Here's an android ethernet adapter that works for MK808b right out of the box at 125mbs near par with gigabit speeds.

http://www.****.co.uk/sch/ninja-tek/m.html

A.S.
                  Last edited by ANDROID SNOWMAN; 04-13-2015, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROID SNOWMAN View Post
                    Here's an android ethernet adapter that works for MK808b right out of the box at gigabit speeds.

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/181241566218

A.S.
                    That seems to be 'the one' to get in the UK.

Was tempted to pick one up, but since it's £10 and Android only I think my money would be best saved until we get decent wireless N devices, as I would never use it after that.

Got the cheapest ethernet adaptor I could get for £1.50, works fine, but tops out at 6 mb/s which is ok for my needs.
                    Currently Using:
                    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                    Retired Devices:
                    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Does anybody know which files of a rom are responsible for for the ethernet adapter (driver etc..). I want to try to swap some files because my current firmware shows very low speed (~3,5mb/s, not enough for some HD streams). I want to use the files from lewys minix hfw because it was much faster with that one.

Comment

Be carefully... the cheapest "ASIX" based adapters from china are FAKE

Confirmed by ASIX after send them some pictures looking for buy the chips. I also guessed that after check the datasheets from ASIX products...

As I know the ZERO Devices HUB and LAN adapters are working well with most of Android TV Sticks
                        Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by slcpunk View Post
                          Thanks to a suggestion from wj4droids ,I got this one:

Its the ASIX one:

[ 6858.292156] usb 2-2.1.2: new high-speed USB device number 16 using ehci_hcd
                          [ 6858.384897] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0b95, idProduct=772a
                          [ 6858.384904] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
                          [ 6858.384908] usb 2-2.1.2: Product: AX88x72A
                          [ 6858.384912] usb 2-2.1.2: Manufacturer: ASIX Elec. Corp.
                          [ 6858.384915] usb 2-2.1.2: SerialNumber: 000002

HIGH-SPEED, and I get my full ethernet speeds now. $6.80 ain't bad - just don't be in a rush when you order from DX. ( And like ****, I suppose there's some risk of not getting the item described )

Thanks

Is this one from link, Fake ?

Thanks...

Comment

Can anyone comment of the Apple branded adapter (A1277) for the Air? I'm pretty sure its based on the Asix chip.

Comment

Working...
                            X