CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

A few people have requested this, so in Bob absence I put together a ROM for this device.

This ROM includes:

Root
    2gig user app space
    Google Play Store fix
    Init.d support if you need it.

UPDATE 7/10/13
    Today I have uploaded v1.0b which contains parameter files for 2, 4, 6 and 8gb user app space. Now, I'm not sure how much NAND memory this stick contains...so you may not be able to use the 6 or 8 gb versions because there simply isn't enough memory. This is only for the version with the plain launcher.

All the other bells and whistles that Bob includes will come later. I'm looking for a firmware update before proceeding further, but with enough suggestions on more features on this thread, I might tweak this ROM a bit more. I'm still learning how to do most of the extra stuff, so please help me prioritize.

I tested Netflix with an old copy I had from a backup, but it didn't work. I downloaded the latest version from Google Play Store and it works fine. Wifi works great. I really like the external antenna, what a great idea. I did not test bluetooth, as I don't have any bluetooth peripherals.

I found that you can get into flash mode easily by holding down the "fn" button while inserting the usb plug. It has worked for me every time. Wait about 10 seconds before erasing idb, because the two devices need a little time to start communicating.

There is the link to the download thread:

Post here with any comments or suggestions. This is my first TV stick ROM...so please be nice........

Thanks to Tattman65 for his usually fantastic boot graphics.
    Thanks to Finless for buying the stick for me.
    Thanks to Geekbuying.com for supplying the stock firmware and shipping this thing out to me in record time.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-10-2013, 07:14.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

great you do a good job buddy.
    normally i get my stick next week.
    then i start with tweaking the rom for my stick.
    so stay tuned.
    if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Thanks

Just today I got my stick.
      Thanks for the great job! I will try it.

I think of Bob. I hope he will be alright in such a difficult moment
      CX-803 II - RIleyROM v1.0a, MK802 IIIS (without bluetooth) - Official
      Samsung Galaxy Note II - Carbon Rom 1.6

Comment

Thank You Riley !!! Great Job dude !!!

This is awesome I will try it out soon and give you my feedback

Thanks .

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Thanks. Please keep me posted.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Wireless is now stable but still slow. Oficial rom connect/disconnect... Very usefull Reboot application Missing changelog

Can i replace launcher? I want to have cleanest android on stick

Thanks

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

I will try changing out the launcher. Mine won't let me use a different launcher for some reason.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Mine too, if I install Nova Launcher everythink looks normaly but if I click on Home button I still see official launcher.

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

I'll work on that.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Great! If is real please add changelog. Better for testing...

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Pardon me, but I am really not sure what you mean by changelog. I stated in post #1 what this rom includes. As far as the manufacturer's change log, I don't have one because I got the firmware from Geekbuying. I'm not sure what version the official firmware it is.

That is all I have to work with.

I will let everyone know what future changes are in this thread.

Otherwise, let me know what you need.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

OK, sorry I must open my eyes and better read messages )

Comment

I put together another ROM with the plain launcher in it. It is actually one that I modified to get rid of a bunch of widgets that always seem to get put into stock firmware.

One thing that I haven't been able to find is the setting the factory used to keep you from using a different launcher. I have tried installing Apex Launcher (my favorite) and it runs, but every time you click the home button it always reverts back to the stock launcher.

So, anyway...you asked for a basic stock launcher, and here it is.

Just follow the link in post #1 to the download thread...now you have 2 choices. Version A is with the modified stock launcher without all of the buttons and widgets. ENJOY!!!!
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Thank you very much, this is much better for me. Very pure. Wireless card still have problems but I think in future will be OK

Than you for basic wallpapers Go you know where is Talk? BTW this device have Mic. Perfect!

AnTuTu score: 8606

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

I have Talk on mine. Check your app updates.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X