CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

I only put a 2gig app space parameter file in that ROM.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I thought Bob's rom allows us to change the app space parameters. I guess you didn't add that option to your rom.

Thanks Randy.

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

I will do that for you. Just give me a few days. I'm on vacation.

Randy
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I will do that for you. Just give me a few days. I'm on vacation.

Randy

Thanks Randy.

Comment

Randy,
            Do you have time now to add the parameters for choosing different App space?

Thanks,

Comment

Ill try to get to that tonight after work.

I will post a new update.

I was trying to see if the factory has put out a new firmware...but I haven't heard yet.

Sent from my M8 pro using Tapatalk HD
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

I have uploaded version 1.0b for this ROM.

The only change is that I included parameter files that will allow you have 2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space.

Sorry, I didn't have time to do much homework on this, so I couldn't remember exactly how much NAND memory this stick has...so the 8gb parameter might not work. You need enough memory for about 600mb for the system plus the allotted user app space. Any NAND left over will be your internal SD. So do the math.

Just follow the link in post #1 to the download page.

I have been looking for a firmware update, but I haven't found one as of yet, so I guess we are stuck with Android 4.1.1 for now. I'm a tablet developer, mostly. This is my only TV stick ROM. So I'm still learning how to do some of the other stuff that Bob puts in his ROM's...so please be patient and help me prioritize the added features you want to have and I will try my best to make them happen.

Thanks for your support.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I have uploaded version 1.0b for this ROM.

The only change is that I included parameter files that will allow you have 2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space.

Sorry, I didn't have time to do much homework on this, so I couldn't remember exactly how much NAND memory this stick has...so the 8gb parameter might not work. You need enough memory for about 600mb for the system plus the allotted user app space. Any NAND left over will be your internal SD. So do the math.

Just follow the link in post #1 to the download page.

I have been looking for a firmware update, but I haven't found one as of yet, so I guess we are stuck with Android 4.1.1 for now. I'm a tablet developer, mostly. This is my only TV stick ROM. So I'm still learning how to do some of the other stuff that Bob puts in his ROM's...so please be patient and help me prioritize the added features you want to have and I will try my best to make them happen.

Thanks for your support.
                  Thanks Randy. I will try it out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by olee View Post
                    Thanks Randy. I will try it out tonight.
                    I'm not sure what's going on with this device. I can't seem to get my Windows PC to recognize it. I installed the Bob's Finless rom on my iMxto 1 without any issue. All the Windows 7 drivers installed and the device was recognized by the RK Batch Tool kit.

Any idea Randy? I tried on another PC and it is the same problem. I also noticed that the blue power light takes like 30 seconds before it lights up after I plugged into my PC.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Are you holding the fn button while inserting the USB plug? That's how I had to get into flash mode.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Are you holding the fn button while inserting the USB plug? That's how I had to get into flash mode.

Randy
                        When I opened up the ROM Flash Tool.exe, it shows "No Found RKAndroid Rock USB" message at the bottom. I thought that usually mean that the drivers not installed properly, but it works perfectly fine on my iMito MX1 device.

Do you think I should try holding the "Fn" button while inserting the USB plug?

Comment

When I opened up the ROM Flash Tool.exe, it shows "No Found RKAndroid Rock USB" message at the bottom. I thought that usually mean that the drivers not installed properly, but it works perfectly fine on my iMito MX1 device.

Do you think I should try holding the "Fn" button while inserting the USB plug?
                          Randy, I also noticed that when I plug into the usb port on my PC, there is no bong sound. Looks like it is not seeing a device plug in at all. I don't know how I can make this device recognizes by any PC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Comment

Randy, I also noticed that when I plug into the usb port on my PC, there is no bong sound. Looks like it is not seeing a device plug in at all. I don't know how I can make this device recognizes by any PC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                            I got it working now. I tried your method "Fn" button and it works. Now, I am trying to figure out why the Wifi not working. Rebooting again. Let's see.

Comment

Randy,
                              I finally got it flashed with your new ROM with 4GB parameter. I turned it on and everything seems to be opening properly, but when I turned on the Wifi, it tried for 10 secs, then it turned back to OFF. Any idea what might be the cause? I didn't have this problem before with the stock firmware.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Comment

Randy,
                                I finally got it flashed with your new ROM with 4GB parameter. I turned it on and everything seems to be opening properly, but when I turned on the Wifi, it tried for 10 secs, then it turned back to OFF. Any idea what might be the cause? I didn't have this problem before with the stock firmware.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Do I need to go back to the stock firmware? And how do I revert back to stock if needed?

Comment

Working...
                                X