CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    What he is talking about is the lack of ability to use a different launcher, other than stock. It always defaults to launcher2.apk. I replaced their launcher with the android stock launcher in the rom, but still can't change it to anything else by the user. It is locked somewhere.

Randy
    It's not just that googles Intents system also allows changing of default video/music players web browsers or other default app behaviors not being able to invoke it also breaks the XAF builds of XBMC since they use a chooser call to bring up MX player.

Comment

"fn" button

A few people have requested this, so in Bob absence I put together a ROM for this device.

This ROM includes:

Root
      2gig user app space
      Google Play Store fix
      Init.d support if you need it.

All the other bells and whistles that Bob includes will come later.

I tested Netflix with an old copy I had from a backup, but it didn't work. I downloaded the latest version from Google Play Store and it works fine. Wifi works great. I really like the external antenna, what a great idea. I did not test bluetooth, as I don't have any bluetooth peripherals.

I found that you can get into flash mode easily by holding down the "fn" button while inserting the usb plug. It has worked for me every time. Wait about 10 seconds before erasing idb, because the two devices need a little time to start communicating.

There is the link to the download thread:

Post here with any comments or suggestions. This is my first TV stick ROM...so please be nice........

Thanks to Tattman65 for his usually fantastic boot graphics.
      Thanks to Finless for buying the stick for me.
      Thanks to Geekbuying.com for supplying the stock firmware and shipping this thing out to me in record time.
      Does it work if the firmware is on a micro usb card? Do I hold the "fn" button on the device for 10 seconds and the flash window will come up?

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

You must install this rom using the flash tool in the kit. It has to run from a Windows pc.

Randy
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

You must install this rom using the flash tool in the kit. It has to run from a Windows pc.

Randy
          Hi Randy,
          I am new to this TV stick and I never flashed a rom before. Can you point me where I can get the tool kit to flash the rom and also instructions on how to do it?

Thanks,

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Just follow the download link in post #1. Follow the instructions there and in the readme file within the kit.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Just follow the download link in post #1. Follow the instructions there and in the readme file within the kit.

Randy
              There is no readme file inside the kit. I downloaded the kit from post#1 (CX803_II_RileyRom_1.0.zip).

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Oops. Sorry.

Some quick tips.

1. Install the driver included in the kit manually.

2. Make sure you turn USB debugging off.

3. Get into flash mode by following directions in post #1.

4. Erase IDB from the flash tool.

5. Flash the Rom.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Oops. Sorry.

Some quick tips.

1. Install the driver included in the kit manually.

2. Make sure you turn USB debugging off.

3. Get into flash mode by following directions in post #1.

4. Erase IDB from the flash tool.

5. Flash the Rom.

Randy
                  1. How do you install the driver from the kit? No instruction
                  2. Where do you turn off USB debugging?
                  3. How do you get into flash mode? Press and hold the "Fn" button?

Thanks,
                  Oliver

Comment

CX803 II RIleyROM v1.0

Go to settings and scroll down to developer settings and make sure USB debugging is unchecked.

Hook up your device to your pc. Stop the automatic driver install and bring up device manager. Find the unknown device and manually install the driver from the drivers folder in the kit for your version of Windows.

With the flash tool open you should have "found mass storage device". Do what I said in post #1 to get into flash mode. Wait about 10 seconds.

Click erase IDB. Let it finish. It will tell you.

Click flash rom.

When it finishes your device will reboot. First boot takes a while. Wait for everything to load then reboot one more time before adding accounts and installing apps.

Then you should be done.

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Go to settings and scroll down to developer settings and make sure USB debugging is unchecked.

Hook up your device to your pc. Stop the automatic driver install and bring up device manager. Find the unknown device and manually install the driver from the drivers folder in the kit for your version of Windows.

With the flash tool open you should have "found mass storage device". Do what I said in post #1 to get into flash mode. Wait about 10 seconds.

Click flash rom.

When it finishes your device will reboot. First boot takes a while. Wait for everything to load then reboot one more time before adding accounts and installing apps.

Then you should be done.

Randy
                      Thanks Randy for a very clear explanation. I really appreciated.

Comment

Click flash rom.

Then you should be done.

Randy
                        Randy,
                        Do you need to connect the HDMI cable to the TV to flash this ROM? Can I just connect to the PC only?

Comment

Since my PC is across the room from my TV, the only times I have flashed mine have been without being hooked up to hdmi. I just follow the prompts on the flash tool. Just give it time to boot the first time before you disconnect.

I'm sure the better way would be for me to purchase a DVI adapter and watch what's happening on my PC monitor, but I haven't done that yet.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Since my PC is across the room from my TV, the only times I have flashed mine have been without being hooked up to hdmi. I just follow the prompts on the flash tool. Just give it time to boot the first time before you disconnect.

I'm sure the better way would be for me to purchase a DVI adapter and watch what's happening on my PC monitor, but I haven't done that yet.
                            Randy,
                            Does this ROM work on PS3 controller or XBOX360 controller?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't add any drivers to this ROM for external devices.

Hopefully we can do a whole revamp of this ROM soon with more bells and whistles.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Randy,
                                Does this ROM also able to increase app space from my 1GB to 4GB? I have only 1GB app storage space right now with 6GB of internal NAND flash not being used.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X