Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first APK mod! Transparent Status Bar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A suggestion for you to play around.

How I figured out what to change was I used UOT Kicthen and let it mod my framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk. Yes it was a little messed up using UOT Kitchen because it does not support our screen resolutions, but when I took the APK apart I could see what was changed and it taught me a lot to make my own APK that works.

UOT Kitchen. Instructions how to use kitchen and how to apply modded files

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Damnit, so close!
      I thought I had it, but obviously I edited the wrong file. I tried making the center portion of res\drawable-mdpi\statusbar_background.9.png transparent, but everything went very strange!

Any pointers as to what to change, or should I just give up on this now?

Comment

9.PMG's are unique and are hard to mess with because of the handle attributes in them.

See these links to learn about them:

The Draw 9-patch tool is a WYSIWYG editor included in Android Studio that lets you create bitmap images that automatically resize to accommodate the contents of the view and the size of the screen.

However, I did not do that. I removed the 9.png and created a standard png because we are never really expecting the status bar to stretch! It works for the 10G2

Yes the file name is in fact statusbar_background.9.png. I removed that and made a new status bar with the proper size dimensions statusbar_background.png

Bob

Comment

was trying to install this in the a7bg2 and no odex file found but still tried doing it but in the part where i will copy the systemui.apk(finless apk) from the sd card to system\app\, it tries to copy it, but when i browse, it, nothing's there

i am using root explorer 2.5

what seems to be the problem?

Comment

yeah it worked..the problem why it cant past is that i still have to change the permission of the system folder to check everything for it to work. great!...thanks bob..
            this is really good!

Comment

Originally posted by hellfoot View Post
              was trying to install this in the a7bg2 and no odex file found but still tried doing it but in the part where i will copy the systemui.apk(finless apk) from the sd card to system\app\, it tries to copy it, but when i browse, it, nothing's there

i am using root explorer 2.5

what seems to be the problem?
              Make sure you mount it a writable, I think at the top there is a little box that you need to click

Sent from my CUBE U9GT 2 using Tapatalk
              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
              </form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
                here it is harold.
                Look @ the attachment
                do you know where to go to change the default system wallpaper..having a hard time here finding it..

Comment

In gallery app, or just long press on your homescreen and the wallpaper option will pop up

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                    Make sure you mount it a writable, I think at the top there is a little box that you need to click

yeah your correct damo..i've done that and it actually rocks...just having a hard time looking for the default system wallpaper coz if you go back to page 1, you will see, snakekiller got some cool background... cant do that coz if i try using wallpaper in the gallery, it will just crop part of the wallpaper which the actuall size for the wallpaper is already 800x480..no luck

Comment

If you use an app called wallpaper wizardrii from the market this overcomes the problem of the gallery app cropping the image so it does not fit correctly, I used it ages ago, can't remember the setting to use but it does work showing the proper full screen image as your wallpaper

</form>

Comment

thanks a lot damo..will try that i soon as im finished putting back my original setup of the tab..hehe

Comment

No Luck

I followed the directions and haven't had any luck getting any status bar at all now. I rooted the tablet using your Arnova 10-B G2 V1.3 for Resistive screens. Then I followed your directions, but no task bar seems to show up. Any suggestions?

Comment

Sounds like you did not get the new APK copied properly or you forgot to rename the ODEX file as well?

It's going to be something like that. You can still reboot and launch your file explorer and get toe /system/app and double check everything. Even rename the old SystemUI and odex back which should get you your original status bar back

Bob

Comment

I was able to get the original status bar back. I am however, unaware of what cause the new apk not to work. I did change both the apk and odex file names. I am using ES File Explorer, and when you mentioned the stuff about the properties, I can't find a section like you describe to modify the permissions...

Comment

Oh no...... This does not seem to work, errr can you help

Hi Bob

You are probably getting fed up with newbies following you instructions badly, but I am another one in search for your help. Sorry !!!

I have just followed your instructions to flash my Arnova 8 G2 Dual Touch with one of your rooted roms in order to use this APK mod for the Transparent Status bar.

The flashing of the rooted roms seems fine Got your loadup screen from Damo..... not as bad as I thought it would be considering what you wrote about the complaints I can certainly live with it !!

But when I do the instructions for the APK mod it all falls down. I cannot find how to adjust the file options of the new SystemUI.apk and I cannot check any boxes. When I apply the mod the status bar is still missing after reboot. Do you need to rename the SystemUI.odex file back again after you have copied the new SystemUI.apk? or is it just problems with my permissions?

Cheers for your help in advance

Mason

Comment

Working...
                                X