Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@@ TUTORIAL : How to Install a Custom Rom on a Cube Talk 9X U65GT… TESTED ON A 16GB version. For NOOB’s - Windows 7 64 @@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zgf View Post
    I've used the same methid, but with the stock ROM U65GT_V2.0Ë¢ºó´¥ÃþʧЧ»ØË¢¹ý¶É°æ±¾-ÏßË¢°ü.rar from

It is actually v1.8 from 2014/11/1, but never mind, you later flash v2.0.9 by Lepi, e.g. U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308 from

And everything worked like a charm
    Thanks ALOT for your help
    I have in tablet the stock rom v1.8 september Can i install with flashing tool ROM U65GT_V2.0Ë¢ºó´¥ÃþʧЧ»ØË¢¹ý¶É°æ±¾-ÏßË¢ without problems????
    I found a possibile solution to can use stock rom v1.8 september is to have a working scatter file but i dont know from where to find

Comment

Originally posted by Steli View Post

Thanks ALOT for your help
      I have in tablet the stock rom v1.8 september Can i install with flashing tool ROM U65GT_V2.0Ë¢ºó´¥ÃþʧЧ»ØË¢¹ý¶É°æ±¾-ÏßË¢ without problems????
      I found a possibile solution to can use stock rom v1.8 september is to have a working scatter file but i dont know from where to find
      Please see my 'success story' from page 3, note #41.
      I have had stock ROM v1.8 from July 2014, and I've flashed that 'Chinese' ROM (as above) using its own scatter file (find it by unpacking the RAR), by flashing in parallel 6 6GB EBR files from dwtk (earlier in this topic) and TWRP recovery by Lepi.
      Thereupon, I upgraded to Lepi"s v2.09 via TWRP.
      Read my notes from the previous page and carefully read about the 'Quick Method' in this topic.

PS: I suppose you have stock ROM v1.8 from Sep 2014, not 2015
      Be aware that Serial Number (as printed on the back, Google about) must be 1426 or newer, otherwise you may brick your tablet

Comment

Please see my 'success story' from page 3, note #41.
        I have had stock ROM v1.8 from July 2014, and I've flashed that 'Chinese' ROM (as above) using its own scatter file (find it by unpacking the RAR), by flashing in parallel 6 6GB EBR files from dwtk (earlier in this topic) and TWRP recovery by Lepi.
        Thereupon, I upgraded to Lepi"s v2.09 via TWRP.
        Read my notes from the previous page and carefully read about the 'Quick Method' in this topic.

PS: I suppose you have stock ROM v1.8 from Sep 2014, not 2015
        Be aware that Serial Number (as printed on the back, Google about) must be 1426 or newer, otherwise you may brick your tablet
        Thanks alot. I used the first method When I was to the step to create blocks from backup, when i chosen the file md5,MTK droid tools told me the error can't find scatter file.
        I found a scatter file from ROM version 1.8 and put it near md5 in the same folder.It worked and it created the blocks for the flashing tool.Also I flashed without any error and changed the partition size to 8g
        Seems all work well I was very happy but i found something very bad....I CAN'T CHANGE THE DATE TIME ANYMORE The buttons are disabled no meter what i do.
        I tried with different Roms included v 2.0 all worked well except I cant change date time. I flashed again to original, all original and the same.I also tried factory reset. noooothing
        I didn't see this problem on forum
        Please help HEEEEELP HEEEELP

Comment

Finally I enabled the set date and time buttons and now all seems to be great. 8Gb space for apps and NTFS support is like another tablet and also the radio work without antenna
          I enabled the buttons for time , date adjust in this way::: I installed a sim card in tablet and switch to automatic time-date and there tick first "Use GPS......." and after " Use network .... ".It didn't work but when I changed back to " off " Yeeeees it worked, the buttons become enabled and i can adjust the date-time.
          Thanks Thanks Thanks thanks

Comment

Hiii
            And again thanks for help I have a question How to delete shortcut from the Lepi ROM ???? I have V 1.8.5 black
            When I long press a shortcut on the screen The delete button doesn't appear anywhere, In it place is the clock.

Comment

Hii
              I managed to find the way to delete the shortcuts and applications. Need to long press on the icon and after that to move the icon in a place under the clock, a little in the right side.

Thanks to all

Comment

Originally posted by babz44 View Post
                Hello there,
                thank you for this nice and well explained tuto!
                unfortunately, I am stuck with the error message in the step 5
                I tired around 15/20 times and event if the file files.md5 is found it says : impossible to find the file :
                "Preparation des fichiers pour Flashtool est impossible, fichier n est pas trouve : C:\Users\NG\Downloads\CubeTalkx9_ROM_KIT_V1\3 - MTK Droid tools - Backup ROM and Scatter\backups\U65GT_141111_backup_150428-084904\MT65??_Android_scatter*.txt"

As my tablet is new and empty, do I really need to do a backup?

thank you for your help
                Hii
                I had the same error and I made like this: Take the MT6592_Android_scatter V 2.0 or V 1.8 and place it in the same directory with md5 ( in your backup) and should work.
                If your rom is V 1.8 ,put there scatter V 1.8,if is 2.0 put scatter 2.0 If not work with one scatter try with another from different source but the same version. Not all are good.The scatter provided V 2.0 inside the Cube Talk9_ROM_KIT_V 1 ---4 SP Flash Tool and TWRP recovery----6 Scatter file 2.0 is good
                After you placed the scatter file near md 5 open MTK Droid tools and press "to prepare blocks for flash tool" all should work without errors.
                When i used SP flash tool I chosen scatter from the directory: MTK Droid tools ----backups ---'YOUR BACKUP"------!Files_to_flash tool and worked without any errors
                In attachment is the scatter V 1.8 September 20140903 that I used and worked. You can find it if open this link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1rRsnG
                Note:
                I don't guaranty this work for everyone .I am beginner like you.

Another error during backup with MTK Droid tools that can occur is because you don't have enough free space left on SD card.

I have also a question
                Mtk Droid Tools made a backup on sd card also.clockworkmod---backup---150904- 193447 and also a TWRP folder with file .twrps
                What to do with them??? If want to flash again the tablet with the same backup,is it important these files to be on SD card in the same location???
                So I should preserve them in a safe location if i want to flash again??
                And a big thanks to all

Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to tell
                  In the link http://pan.baidu.com/s/1rRsnG is the ROM that contain the scatter file, so you need to download first the Rom and after to take the scatter file from it.

Comment

Hi Steli, I' m just wodering, why did you prefer to stay with (Lepi's) v1.8 over v2.0 (if I correctly understood your conclusions)
                    I'm maybe missing something, is v1.8 faster, better stable or what

Comment

Hi Steli, I' m just wodering, why did you prefer to stay with (Lepi's) v1.8 over v2.0 (if I correctly understood your conclusions)
                      I'm maybe missing something, is v1.8 faster, better stable or what
                      Hii and Sorry for my late answer.

I used a while the V 1.8 because I heard some problems about 3g modem and some problems with GPS after upgrade to V 2.0, and some told v1.8 is faster and I was afraid because my tablet stock rom was V 1.8 and worked OK
                      After a while I did not like the v 1.8 because in my case the tablet wasn't so fast and hang many times and I upgraded to rom v 2.0 4b 150115 lepi
                      After a mounth of use I can tell the V 2.0 rom is faster and better made I like more this rom It read by defult NTFS and I formatted the sd. card in NTFS and work without problems.Can watch 8g mkv muvies no problem, 3G no problem, camera no problem. The tablet newer freeze never restart. It’s very stable.
                      With one exception GPS doesn,t work.I tried alot of programs It doesn’t fix at all.
                      For me GPS is not so important,I don’t use it for navigation Before with stock rom worked fine.
                      It will be good if GPS will be ok and If YOU have some ideas about this I’ll be happy with some HELP

Comment

Sorry, I have never had problem with GPS, it worked fine for me with two stock 1.8 ROMs and with Levi's 2.09

Comment

When I try to clear my cache in the recovery it says E: unable to mount '/cache'

Wipe failed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by kzeele View Post
                            When I try to clear my cache in the recovery it says E: unable to mount '/cache'

Wipe failed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

DID you connect to computer and mount the 2nd partition ... It may be you need to do this.

* It seems during the tutorial I missed a step. Once you have finished flashing the device and installing the custom rom you will find you arent able to mount the second 6GB partition within Android. To get around this I would suggest turning off USB debugging mode and connecting tablet to PC as mass storage device. Once windows has finished installing drivers you will see partition as grayed out. right click and format as fat32. Make sure you format the correct partition.

Comment

Hi there, thanks for the tuto and the pack, really good work

However, i have an issue. I encounter the same problem as GSX1 : error on md5 (>>i use your scatter file) and error "can't mount \emmc" when i try to flash Lepi's rom. However, the flash passed ! ok...

At boot, i see the internal storage was not there. i format the partition under TWRP and now it's ok. But there is something stange : when i look the storage , i have two partitions of 6go...and normally i have 16 go...where are my 4go

i should have more than that no ?

Tanks for helping me (at least, i you have an explanation )

nb: i'm sorry about my english

Comment

Hey,

First of all, thanks a great and very easy guide to root and install custom rom. Im total noob of this and with android. Never done rooting/installing custom rom before and I managed to did it succesful with this guide. I had problems in 3 sections. I want to write how i managed to solve them (Google and reading this topic)'

1. First and most time taker problem was this under. Installed drivers IMO right but I could not get any information about my tablet when I launched MTK droid tools. It doesn't regonize tablet (The Device isn't revealed. Connect or reconnect cable) USB was in debugged mode.I reinstalled drivers many times and IMO drivers was right installed. I solved problem by downloading PdaNet (Tablet and computer) after that MTK droid tools regonized my tablet and I could continue. Im not good with computers also so I dont know what was the problem.

• Open MTK Droid tools.exe from my zip (3 - MTK Droid tools - Backup ROM and Scatter). ( Turn off Antivirus otherwise it will complain Pretty sure it’s a false positive from what’s on the internet )
                                • Turn on Device until it is fully booted.
                                • Connect tablet . ( You should get message saying its system/su/Bin found Via the BOOT button it is possible to get ROOT Access. Yellow on MTK Droid tools )
                                2.Second problem was this which others had problems too. error with creating scatter file :...... "MT65??_Android_scatter*.txt""

I did like gsx1 wrote and problem solved

I had the same problem, you can put the scatter file provided by dwtk in the same directory of the md5 file then try again it should work.

File is this:
                                • CubeTalkx9_ROM_KIT_V1\4 - SP Flash Tool and TWRP Recovery\6 - Scatter file 2-0\MT6592_Android_scatter.tx

• Once we have backed up the raw image from the tablet . Next we need to put in to FLASH BLOCKS for SP_Flash tool. To do this hit the button that says ‘TO PREPARE BLOCKS FOR FLASH TOOL’
                                • This will open a pop window for you to locate the file.md5. location of this file is in the backup you just created is in the backup you just created .CubeTalkx9_ROM_KIT_V1\3 - MTK Droid tools - Backup ROM and Scatter\backups\XXXXXXXXXX
                                3.Third problem was this under, after flashing custom rom I tried to make as ur 3.video edit states "format as fat32" but I couldn't or I just don't know how to do it trought windows. I solved it by starting tablet and format "USB memory" trought android. After that another 6 gb started working. Downside was that I made recovery files there and it disappeared after format ofc.. I didn't remember

* It seems during the tutorial I missed a step. Once you have finished flashing the device and installing the custom rom you will find you arent able to mount the second 6GB partition within Android. To get around this I would suggest turning off USB debugging mode and connecting tablet to PC as mass storage device. Once windows has finished installing drivers you will see partition as grayed out. right click and format as fat32. Make sure you format the correct partition.
                                Im very happy with my rooted and Lepi's custom rom tablet.No more space problems.

Sorry my bad english, not my native language. Hope you understand. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X