Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My MK808 won't go past the "Google TV" screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
    Is it possible that you didn't properly install the driver? Finless' ROM's readme has everything explained on how to connect the device to your pc while a paperclip is holding down the recovery button and install drivers for the "unrecognized device". If rkbatchtool or finless flasher can see the device then you probably do have the drivers but I don't know for sure.

If you still can't flash, finless has instructions on how to reset NAND (it's a pinned/sticky topic in this section) you can try that but I've never had to resort to that. Also, might not work with a clone --- I think RBOX is considered a clone, but maybe you have an non-clone device with rbox rom which may be why it won't boot. See if anyone mentioned rbox in that nand reset thread. I really don't think you'll need to do that, though. Try a different PC, as strange as it sounds, I've seen people solve flashing problems that way.
    Thanks again for your reply Bueno

The drivers appear to be installed.

I have tried Finless ROMS read me with the paper clip and my next trick to try shall be the shorting pins 8 and 9 .

Ps the MK808B I have is not a clone.

The main thing that concerns me is the fact that the pilot light does not extinguish when I use the paper clip ?

Comment

I think I've flashed mine even when the light stays blue. Should not be a problem. One time I flashed a ROM that would get stuck on Google TV splash screen and I was still able to reflash to fix it. Original mk808b firmware in .img format can be flashed using the rkbatchtool software if flashing with finless flasher isn't working. RKBatchTool is in the "alternative_to_•••" folder in finless rom package. Stock rom is available on bee-link website. If your device is the r-box model, you need rbox ROm because finless won't work (in fact, I don't think there are any custom roms for r-box --- people have tried r-box kernel with other roms and it never boots... ) I know you said you have original but I don't get why it had rbox splash screen (rbox rom is kind of hard to find so not something anyone would accidentally flash. If you need rbox rom there is a link near the end of the identifying clones thread (sticky)

Edit: always right click the flashing programs and select Run as Administrator.

Comment

which ROM, google tv splash screen freezed

Hi guys,
        in my first post i ask you which rom i have to flash in mine mk808.
        See the picture attached.

Cause i tried to flash it, using finless 1.7 clone V1, then if i connect it to the tv it appears the google tv splash screen (just for the first time, on the second there isn't, only black screen appears).

Please Finless link me the right rom...
        thanks and happy new year.

Matteo M.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141231_170909859.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	435765

Comment

Originally posted by Montanarin View Post
          Hi guys,
          in my first post i ask you which rom i have to flash in mine mk808.
          See the picture attached.

Cause i tried to flash it, using finless 1.7 clone V1, then if i connect it to the tv it appears the google tv splash screen (just for the first time, on the second there isn't, only black screen appears).

Please Finless link me the right rom...
          thanks and happy new year.

Matteo M.[ATTACH=CONFIG]9529[/ATTACH]
          You should try this ROM

as it is for Mediatek MT5931 wifi.

Just don't try to flash a Jellybean ROM back as you will brick your device if loader(v1 Jellybean vs v2 KitKat) flashing instructions in several threads are not followed.

Comment

Thanks forma help.
            Which tool should i use to flash this ROM?
            I have always used The tool into folder by finless..
            Is it possible to use it?

I'm noto skilled in this stuff..

Comment

Working...
            X