• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] LOLLIPOP Tronsmart R68

Hi guys,

This is my custom Rom for the Tronsmart R68, enjoy another alternative

What's inside :

Beta 1
    • Built from source. This is a userdebug build.
    • Unified Storage
    • TWRP 2.8.7.0, it will be installed after first boot
    • ADB shell as root
    • Rooted with SuperSU
    • init.d support, it will also run a script from inside data/local/userinit folder or just data/local/userinit.sh
    • Some apps installed as user, including kodi 15.1 rc1.

I also cleaned,updated and fix some things compared Stock image

How to install
    • Power off your R68
    • Grab a paper clip insert in the reset hole in back. Press and hold the reset button now press power button. Your R68 should appear as loader device.
    • Choose your image(s), press upgrade or run.

I have uploaded some tools if you need them

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by abdul_pt; 08-15-2015, 03:29.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Going to try it now, will give feedback. Thanks
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Cheers.

Will give it a try once I've played with Wassers ROM.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Installed OK, storage at 13 gig, excellent. Netflix does not work, mic does not work, it did on stock ROM. Going to test kodi now.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Still got hickups every 3 seconds from Dolby surround passthrough via HDMI in Kodi, but that was to be expected.

Comment

abdul_pt Thanks! Got it working on my R68 Pro. I get the 5.6 GB storage. Will do some testing now.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I've downloaded it and going to try it tonight together with the other custom rom!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.
                I'm also getting to know the device, just got it 3 days ago and have not tested it deeply.

Tapatalked from my U8 running CM11

Last edited by abdul_pt; 08-15-2015, 15:31.
                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Can the Tronsmart Factory_Tool be used to load this ROM?
                  edit: I used the Tronsmart Factory_Tool because I'm not familiar with any other way and it worked. The new ROM has solved some issues I was having with the factory firmware. Pretty happy with it now. Just a note for others, after the first install there will be a yellow loading screen with faux progress display which keeps looping. Let it go for a few minutes until it finishes.
                  Last edited by badarz; 08-16-2015, 08:14.

Comment

i've installed it and it's looking great. I will install the apps again and play with it. Thanks a lot for the great work!

Comment

Just finished testing the ROM and the results are very much that same that I found with Wassers.

This one has the addition of the TWRP recovery.

Either does the job well.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

On Beelink i68 only 2,4Ghz Wifi Band works. With standard Rom or Tronsmart Rom both bands are working. With Wassers Rom Wifi & Bluetooth don't work.

Comment

From completely powered off, I can't use the remote to turn the device on and have to physically go to the device and press the power button. Is this a limitation of this ROM or was it like this with factory firmware also?

Comment

Originally posted by notz View Post
                            On Beelink i68 only 2,4Ghz Wifi Band works. With standard Rom or Tronsmart Rom both bands are working. With Wassers Rom Wifi & Bluetooth don't work.
                            Sorry to hear, but I will not offer support to beelink since I don't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by badarz View Post
                              From completely powered off, I can't use the remote to turn the device on and have to physically go to the device and press the power button. Is this a limitation of this ROM or was it like this with factory firmware also?
                              That means it really powered off. Place it in sleep instead of power off.
                              It's not a limitation, its a feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X